PDA

View Full Version : cat needs prayers

momofcats
09-13-2003, 07:38 AM
A friend of mine has a cat that has been sick for the last few weeks (that we are aware of). The cat was peeing outside the litter box...not normal for this cat. She took her to the vet and it was determined she has blood in the urine. Two weeks later, out medication and another vet visit...still blood.
The vet wants to runs three tests...including one that would knock her out and an ultrasound. From my understanding my friend is going for the ultrasound first to avoid having to cause the cat any undue stress with the surgery.
This is an indoor cat and I think she is about 8 years old.
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

catlover4ever
09-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Saying special prayers for your friends cat. I always ask St. Francis, because he is the Patron Saint of Animals.

bisi.cat
09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Prayers are on the way...

Please, momofcats, could you tell us the cat's name?! I always find it easier to send prayers and positive thoughts when I know to whom I can address them! (Thanks!)

Hope everything will turn out to be fine for this cat!!!

momofcats
09-13-2003, 04:11 PM
thank you. Sorry, the cat's name is Sarah.
I am not sure when she is having the ultrasound, but I will let you know how things proceed.

Barbara
09-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Sending positive thoughts to Sarah -I hope they find soon what's going on!

Randi
09-13-2003, 04:44 PM
I suggest that your friend should have the cat checked for UTI - it is very commom in male cats, especially if they don't get the right food. That means they should have food only containing a very small amount of calcium, phosfor and magnesium. If they block up, it can be lethal within a few days. So please get that checked ASAP!

In my opinion, all male cats should avoid this junk food containing too much calcium, phosfor and magnesium. Get Hills S/D, buy it at your vets!

Good luck! :)

Uabassoon
09-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Poor Kitty, I hope she gets better soon.

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both Sarah and your friend. I sure hope that the ultrsound will tell them something. She might just have a very resistant UTI and need to go on a different kind of antibiotic.

Kirsten
09-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Positive thoughts are on its way...

Get well soon, little kitty!

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
09-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Prayers for dear Sarah are on the way.
And yes, I assume the urine was tested for crystals as well as infection. 2 totally different things.

dukedogsmom
09-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Poor kitty. I hope everything will be ok.

momofcats
09-20-2003, 05:20 PM
I just want to thank everyone who kept Sarah in their thoughts. This week (I want to say as soon as Monday) she was back to norml. They are still taking her to the vet for a checkup...but not the surgery.
She is using the litterbox, she is eatting, she is cuddling and playful again....back to herself.:D
So, thank you everyone for your positive thoughts.

Kirsten
09-20-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm glad to hear little Sarah is doing better! :)

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2003, 05:26 PM
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that Sarah is feeling better. I hope she continues to stay happy and healthy. :)

rg_girlca
09-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that Sarah is feeling better. I hope she continues to stay happy and healthy. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Uabassoon
09-20-2003, 07:40 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Sarah is feeling better :)

catmandu
09-21-2003, 10:11 AM
all us Cats at the Lost Cats Hotel are sending our Prayers along with our Human Dad! Most of us have suffered some illnesses so we know wht it is like to be under the weather! Prayers for Sarah , our Cat Pal!