PDA

View Full Version : Sept 6...giving Jim a chance

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 06:17 AM
As frustrating as it was to find a pee spot when I gave Sterling a chance at roaming the whole house, it still turned out to be a beneficial tool in getting him the correct treatment. He will be on a higher dose of the amitriptylin (kitty prozac).

With that said, I am allowing Jim access to the whole house (minus Sterling's room) today. No one will be home to watch him, but we will do a thorough check (for pee spots) when we get home. I have rubber sheets covering the upholstery and the beds. Those are the hardest places to clean. The carpets are on their own. (can't plastic-coat the entire house...............although I did do that once when Y.Lee was sick, but that is another story) :o

So if everyone could put this phrase into their daily pet talk prayers, it would be much appreciated:
"Jim, please use ONLY the litter box. OK?"

K & L
09-06-2003, 06:50 AM
Good luck! Let us know how it went.

sasvermont
09-06-2003, 07:49 AM
You got it Jen. ..."Jim, use the litter box"..."Jim, use the litter box'....:)

Barbara
09-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Jim: litterbox only please!!!!

(Filou, you too;) )

Cataholic
09-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Jim, litter box only, please! And, Jen and Charlie, commode only today!:D Well, kids learn by example, you know!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Jim, litter box only, please! And, Jen and Charlie, commode only today!:D Well, kids learn by example, you know!!!

LOL!

Good Luck with Jim today!

catmandu
09-06-2003, 09:31 AM
All Jims cat Friends and I at the Lost Cats Hotel are chanting Jim , Please use your LITTER BOX! Peeing anywhere else is a NO NO! Then maybe we can convince Sam. Atleast he pees on plastic bags that can be tossed! Jim , the Litter Box PLEASE!

bisi.cat
09-06-2003, 09:49 AM
JIM USE THE LITTERBOX, PLEASE!!!

jazzcat
09-06-2003, 12:34 PM
We're giving the "use the litterbox" cheer here. Paws and fingers crossed.

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Jim, use the litterbox only,please!!! I'll be chanting this today too. I sure hope it works. :)

Kirsten
09-06-2003, 02:17 PM
from another cat-pee-ridden meowmie:

Jim, please use your litter box!!! :)

Good luck, Jen! :)

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
09-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Crossing my fingers and praying hard that Jim only uses his litter box. :)

ScantyNebula
09-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Jim, Listen to your momma! She knows best! Now, be a good boy and USE YOUR PAN! :D Good luck Jen!

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 03:01 PM
4 pm and all is dry

Uabassoon
09-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Yay! Jim, you are such a good boy!

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 08:53 PM
:( 9 pm I managed to step in a pee spot. again I am faced with the same question: Is it Jim or some cat that does not like Jim? The spot was more on the floor than sprayed on the cabinet it was next to (if that means anything)
Jim is back with Sterling and tomorrow we move to the diaper test. I will chose Jim or Sterling and put a diaper on them and set them free. If there is pee I will know it is someone ELSE. 1) I will need to search every inch of the house to make sure there are no missed wet spots that could have been left over from today and 2) that diaper has to be tight! They are not allowed to wiggle out of it.
Thanks for all your thoughts.

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh no, and it was going so well :( Good luck Jen. We'll keep up the mantra - it has to work soon ...

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Today I had both Jim and Sterling roaming the house. (Sterling was in a diaper up until 4 pm.......hee hee) Then I decided not to put a new one on him when I changed it and up to 8pm I did not find any spots. I am glad, but I know in my heart that this is not the end. But it was nice to not to have to clean anything up today.
The only difference today (vs. the other days) is that Chevy and Timmy were not out roaming with them. They were at adoption days event (no they did NOT get adopted.......another story). So to try to keep the peace, I will be keeping them in their own area away from the big cats. Let's see if that does anything.