PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the carpet in my room soon because of the Dust Bunnies

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Me: Julain we don't have any idea who is chewing and vicousely ripping apart the carpet do we?

Julian: Yez momz I knowz! Itz the dust bunniez! :o They attackz with outz warningz! Know howz you findz my furz all overz in large clumpz? THey doz zat to mez while I sleepz :eek: they do the samz thingz to the carpetz while youz learningz during the dayz!!!

Me: You aren't makeing up stories again are you Julian?

Julian: No momz I tellz the truthz! Watch your hairz while youz sleepz they'll pullz it outz quicklyz and run awayz :eek:

Me: :rolleyes:

Well my "dust bunnies" are tearing apart my carpet so we are gong to be replacing it with Lanolium soon (hopefully he, I mean the dust bunnies, can't chew that all up! :rolleyes: )

Well here are some pictures of the damage done to my carpet, I outlined some parts in black, it was kinda hard to tell so I thought I would help ya'll out, you can see the color diffrence in the carpet though. (White color means no carpet there and crema means carpet)

By the left door, he likes to go under the bed there and puls the blanket and bricks that I have setting over that whole out so he can chew on that piece.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p3de12180799b4c918a72108c73a4b836/fb2bd9db.jpg

This is the far left inside corner under the bed. When he gets under the bed he heads straight for here
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pa2616eb252c8ea7277db4146383e32ee/fb2bd9ce.jpg

A small random piece
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p6273ee34834a76096c4ef4f9c1820379/fb2bd9d1.jpg

Another small random piece
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p55a6d6e958450db2d25718b0c2d4cf8a/fb2bd9d7.jpg

and over by the door
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p3973b71c61ee4e841f2a790d7eb0d64e/fb2bd9cf.jpg

There is another large part where he chews but the picture didn't come out good. He, opps I mean the "dust bunnies" did lots of damge to my carpet :rolleyes:

Ash

ps: I tried putting pieces of carpet stapled to a pice of card board in there and he just picked the mup and moved them and chewed on both pieces :rolleyes:

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 01:56 AM
How is he able to do this??

Is he not supervised during the day?

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 11:29 AM
He wasn't for awile cause, he was a good lil bunny there for awile and then cause we were useing treatment options, Like brick over the spots which seemed to be working untill we noticed he just started another place :rolleyes: such a bad bunny he is.

So he isn't aloud to roam free untill I find out if tons of carpet pieces in a bunnies tummy can harm him (I'm guessing it can), althought I don't think he eats it.

We don't care about the carpet any more, we are replacing it soon so the carpet doesn't matter if he likes to make the wholes bigger then so be it :rolleyes: it's not like to many people are in my room anyways and when they do they normally just say looks like J did some remodling, lol.

O and Yes I AM helping my dad pay for the lynolium flooring, no I do not let my bunnies destroy things and expect him to pay for it. I am also paying for it. I'm looking for a job at the moment and as soon as I get one most, if not all, of my money is going towards the new flooring. And I have been told that in 2 to 3 weeks I'll have a job at our local vets office so I'm exited bout that!

Ash

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Oh.. I just didn't think it was smart to keep a rabbit (which from what I know, rabbits like to chew) In a room alone.

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Oh.. I just didn't think it was smart to keep a rabbit (which from what I know, rabbits like to chew) In a room alone.

O yes rabbits LOVE to chew LOL. My room is bunny proofed so there is nothing in there that could harm him, like no lamp cords, fan cords, anything like that is NOT aloud in my room or is cuvered up with these tub things we have that Julian can NOT get through.

We were planning on replacing the carpet anyways. Just we were going to do it next year. J just sped up the process. We have the money for it now (well my dad does, I'm still working on it) so it wont hurt our budget at all.

Ash

Daisylover
09-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Well you are correct to be very concerned if J is actually swallowing the carpet bits........ Hopefully he is not but keep an eye on his poops and make sure he is popping those things out like clockwork.....carpet fuzz can really mess up the gut and I suppose of he ingested enough fuzz it could block the gut and kill him.....so make sure he eats a lot of hay during the next few days....

Children! :rolleyes: What's a mother to do!!!! little stinker!!! ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
I changed his litter box yesterday and there are lots of poo's in there already. He hasn't had access to the carpet in about 3 days I found a way to keep him from it so it's all good, lol. He hasn't started any new ones yet, thankfully. He is such a bad boy!

He doesn't seem to be eating it as I've found big old piles of it in my closet (I think he drug them there a wile ago :rolleyes: )

Ash

Daisylover
09-10-2003, 10:52 AM
I can't really imagine that the fuzz would taste good enough for J to swallow but with animals you just never know why they do what they do. I tend to be a nervous mom and I have heard stories of carpet fuzz making buns sick, so it's better to be safe than sorry! I am sure he is fine. :)

Daisylover
09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Don't know why it took me so long to think of it...bunnies LOVE to dig, right? Why don't you give him a covered cat litter box filled with shredded paper to dig in. Many rabbits love this and it does help take their attention away from the carpet and gives them an activity they can perform that doesn't upset you.... Yes you may be getting linoleum flooring but the covered litter box would still be a great way for him to expend his desire and energy for digging in a mommy approved way ..... Put the litter box in a corner...the cover provides "hiding" which tends to entice them more as they love the feeling of being sheltered. Just a though! ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-10-2003, 02:47 PM
WONDERFUL idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash