PDA

View Full Version : An amazing gift..

Nomilynn
09-04-2003, 11:47 AM
I called my dad last night sort of in a panic. I am really having problems with money right now, and I have to go to Bothell, WA this weekend and I had no way to pay for it. It's not something I can really cancel.. anyway, I started crying (I didn't mean to.. I didn't want to worry him) and I asked if he could send me a little bit of money to hold me over until payday. We got to talking and I said I was still trying to get Bassett's clinic bill paid off; I had over $1100 to pay before the end of the month. So, when he called this morning to let me know he had wired some money to me, he also told me he paid off the bill at Bassett's clinic!! I started crying right then and he told me not to worry. :) I swear I have the best dad in the world :)

Then he asked me to tell Bassett right away so I did :rolleyes: and she responded by sniffing Nutmeg's butt.. not sure what that means.... :D

Uabassoon
09-04-2003, 12:03 PM
OMG that's great news! I'm so happy for you, your dad sounds awsome!

jazzcat
09-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Wow, what a wonderful gift. Your Dad sounds like the best.

Logan
09-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Fathers (and mothers) are wonderful, Naomi. Yours ranks right at the top!!! :) I know he gets more pleasure out of being able to help you than you can realize. I know that on more than one occassion, my parents helped me immensely, as I was gettting back on my feet after my divorce. They told me to consider them "my husband" since I didn't have one!

I now know, from being a parent, that there is little that I wouldn't do to help my kids, financially or otherwise, if I am able. You'll remember this kindness when you have children of your own (skin kids, I mean).

Logan

Cataholic
09-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Naomi,
That brought tears to my eyes. How wonderfully sweet of your father.

moosmom
09-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Naomi,

How special your Dad is!!

My Dad was the same way. When I read your post it made me cry. My father has been gone for 6 years and I miss him SO much! We were the best of pals the last 3 years of his life as I was his sole caregiver during that time. He gave so unselfishly. Got my car outta hock when it was repossessed cuz I was unemployed. He also paid off my child support when my daughter turned 18 (over $2,000) because I was again unemployed and my ex was being a real "Richard Cranium".

Cherish him, Naomi. Life is so short. Ya think your Dad will adopt me???? ;)

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 12:46 PM
yes!:)

bisi.cat
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Blessed be such parents like your dad!!!
Always there with a word or a deed...that's wonderful!!!

:D :D :D

Lerah021399
09-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
and she responded by sniffing Nutmeg's butt.. not sure what that means.... :D

This struck me as hysterical. I laughed out loud. I guess I wasn't expecting to read this after reading about how great your dad is. Anywhoo, sounds like you have a wonderful dad.

slick
09-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Great news! My Dad would have done the same thing if he was still alive.

Gee, I miss him ** sniff **!!

Nomilynn
09-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone. I will send him the link to this page, so he can know just how much I appreciate him :)

rg_girlca
09-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh Naomi I am so happy for you. You had a burden lifted off your shoulders by an angel called "Dad"

Give your dad a hug and a kiss from all of us.

Lets hear it guys, three cheers for Naomi's dad.

HIP HIP HOORAY

HIP HIP HOORAY

HIP HIP HOORAY.

What a blessing in disguise.

jenluckenbach
09-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Tears of joy. My dad too has helped me immensely (provided the full 20 % down payment on my house) but I do not believe that he would be as sympathetic if the cause were my kitties. You are very lucky, indeed.
(thanks Dad) ;)

captain
09-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Oh - what a great Dad you have!!!!

....... as for the "butt smelling" ........... not sure what THAT means:p

Steffi N
09-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Your dad is great. My father helped me too, when I was in debt. It's wonderful that he knows how much Bassett means to you.

Felicia's Mom
09-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Your dad sounds wonderful. My parents helped me just after I left my ex-husband.

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 09:44 PM
That's wonderful! Tell your father thank you from ALL of us! :D :)

jenfer
09-04-2003, 09:52 PM
I am happy for you!!! :D
Your dad is GRRRRRRRREAT!

NoahsMommy
09-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Yep...your dad has my vote for "best dad ever"!! :)

Thanks Naomi's dad, for being so kind.

zippy-kat
09-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks, "Dad!" :D

In return for your graciousness, I'm offering you the chance to 'pawn' your daughter off... say... ohh, I dunno... the 24-26 of October? in oh... how about Albuquerque, NM? lol

In all seriousness, Nomilynn is a great friend and I love her to death! If it is indeed true that the seed doesn't fall far from the tree--what wonderfully devoted and loving people you must be!

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Naomi, you sure do have a wonderful, sensitive, caring Dad. You sure are lucky. :)

catmandu
09-05-2003, 09:59 AM
My Dad was the greatest as well , sending me cheques when the Cats were in Health problems. And the money from his estate has enabled me to retire and spend all my time taking care of the Cats! And talking to the People on Pet Talk! All of whom are Fine People , who LOVE thier Pets!

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Wow, that IS amazing! What a great thing for you father to do! I don't think that my dad would so easily help out when it comes to my cats - he loves cats but would not spend a lot of money on them, I know that for a fact.

Killearn Kitties
09-05-2003, 11:35 AM
This is wonderful news. I've thought of you often, wondering how you were getting on with that huge debt hanging over your head.

Thanks Dad!! What a wonderful thing to do. We're all grateful. :D

K & L
09-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Lucky YOU! I wish my dad would cover Porch & Spike's vet bill!:D

AmberLee
09-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Sounds like your dad is a real keeper! Please give him an extra hug from your pals at PT just cause he's a sweetie-pie.

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
Wow, that IS amazing! What a great thing for you father to do! I don't think that my dad would so easily help out when it comes to my cats - he loves cats but would not spend a lot of money on them, I know that for a fact. This is exactly how both of my parents are. In fact, I'm still trying to pay off my vet bill from my RB Pepper. Luckily I have a great vet that has allowed me to make payments when I'm able to.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Wow, your Dad sounds like an absolute gem!

My M-I-L spend DAYS and DAYS running around government depts. trying to get Ally's Import permit sorted out, when the Iraq war started and we thought we would have to leave Bahrain. That really meant a lot to me, because she has difficulty moving around, with two artificial knees and a pacemaker - but she managed to get it done.......she says Ally and Alexandra (my S-I-L's cat) are honorary grandchildren!

Can't say that my folks would do the same though - in '98 I wrote off my car and I was self-emplyed and un-insured, so it was a difficult time for me financially. They were going overseas for six weeks on vacation, and I asked if I could use one of their cars whilst they were away, but they said no :(

Lucky for them I dont hold a grudge - I've just cashed in one of my investments to pay 35% towards their new retirement home - they couldnt afford to move otherwise and they wanted to move to a nicer neighborhood.......

lynnestankard
09-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Naomie - your Dad is a star - cherish him.

I miss my Dad and when I read stuff like this it starts the old eyes leakin'!!

Give him a {{{Hug}}} from me xxx

Lynne

BastetsMum
09-06-2003, 12:06 PM
YAY for Naomillyn's Dad!

Today is Father's Day in Australia!

So wish him a Very Happy Father's Day! :D

anna_66
09-06-2003, 12:10 PM
What a wonderful father!!