PDA

View Full Version : Just switched to Felidae

ScantyNebula
09-02-2003, 01:22 PM
I am still feeding them the science diet but picked up some Felidae to start mixing the food within the next couple days ... I have no doubt they will like it from what I've heard and the ingredients are so natural .. it looks like the best food yet http://www.canidae.com/ here is the site

Its pricey .. but I can manage to spend extra on my two furkids :)

moosmom
09-02-2003, 05:56 PM
I fed my cats Science Diet their entire lives. Then I switched to Felidae. I noticed that there was alot more left over than Science Diet. So I switched back to SD Nature's Best. I think it's actually more expensive than the Felidae. But I'm kinda on the fence between the both of them.

Let me know how your cats like it.

ScantyNebula
09-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Hmm... well lets see

Toby: *sniff sniff* "whats that you got there?!! Lemme have a taste! " *chomp chomp* "This stuff is divine!! MORE!" :D

Lily: "I dunno about this new stuff ... let me have a taste I spose " *sniff sniff* "Nah....I might try it later"

So Toby loves it and Lily didn't even eat it ... maybe she was full. =/ She usually eats everything! I will try her again later. I gave them half a can each of Felidae canned food ... They LOVED that!

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2003, 10:01 PM
I also feed my cats Felidae but I mix in some Nutro Natural Complete Care Weight Management Formula in it too. After taking Sky to the vets today, I learned that Sky is gaining too much weight so I need to put him on a diet. A cup of Felidae has 543kcal so that's quiet a lot. I'm supposed to only feed Sky 300 calories a day. On the bag of Felidae it recommends that you only feed your cat 1/4 cup for each 5lbs. of body weight. So if Toby is 10lbs., he only needs 1/2 cup a day which isn't much. So you might think that Felidae costs more but it should last you longer than your other brand because you don't need to feed your cats as much of it.

My cats still seem to prefer the Nutro over the Felidae but I'm not willing to give up because I really like the quality of this food. Good luck. :)

HayleyRosie
09-03-2003, 05:49 AM
I hope the new food works out. Please give me updates.