PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new around here

My Peanuts
08-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi, I'm Diana. I thought since I will be posting here I'd tell everyone a little about me. I'm 22 years old, I recently graduated from college. I had a 9 year old Shih Tzu named Angie that I considered to be my sister and my best friend. Sadly she died on June 10, 2003 of IMHA (a blood disease). She was diagnosed and died within a few days and it was really hard because she was completely fine until three days before she died. My family was sick about Angie's death. We bought a black pug puppy a week later so we could focus our love and attention on her. Her name is Sylvia and we bought her from a pet store, which I now realize was a big no no. Sylvia will be the last purebred dog I own because there are so many homeless pets! Still, I'm glad that we bought her cause she is now a special member of my family. About three weeks ago my family also decided that we needed to save someone from a shelter, so we adopted Harley. Harley is a one year old Jack Russell mix that was a runaway. He was a little underweight and dirty. Since he is a runaway we don't know much about him, but he looked abused especially because he gets really worried when a hand is raised near him during play. Sylvia and Harley are getting along great! I will post some pictures if anyone is interested, but I have to teach myself how to do that still! It is a privilege to be a member of a board with people that love their pets as much as I do. Thank you! :D

Sevens
08-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Welcome Diana! Sounds like you have two adorable doggies! I am very sorry to hear of Angie's passing. At least now she will be pain free at the RB.

I have two dogs, Bailey, a 1 year old pit bull/lab mix and Guinness, a 2 year old chow/sheperd mix. Both were rescue dogs. (Pics are in my signature)

We look forward to reading your postings and seeing pics of your doggies.

tatsxxx11
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
A big Pet Talk welcome to Diana, Sylvia and Harley!:D What a sweet pair! And two of my favorite breeds! Lots of Pug and JRT fans around here! And how generous of you two have given such a wonderful home to two very deserving doggies!:) Can't wait to see pics! Just give a yell if you need help!

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your best friend Angie:( This is definitely the place to come to for support and comfort during those diffcult times. Hopefully you'll be able to share more Angie stories and pictures with us with time. My name's Sandra and I have 2 dogs, Cody and Husky/Shep and Star, a yellow Lab...as well as 3 kitties, Mr. B and Oliver and guinea pig named Moon! So happy to have you aboard!:)

Cookiebaker
08-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Welcome to Pettalk!! Hope you like it here!! Can't wait to hear more about your pups! Got any pictures of them?? ;)

Sevens
08-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh, and in case you aren't sure of how to post pictures, here is Phred's tutorial on how to do that.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=7406

By the way, my name is Stephanie. Forgot to mention that in my earlier post. I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.:rolleyes: :D

KYS
08-26-2003, 06:56 PM
A very warm Pet Talk welcome Diana,
Very sorry to hear about Angie,
but I am happy to welcome Sylvia and Harley.
Hurry up and share pics.

Karen, and Sheba my sweetheart, Pepper my spoiled little
terrier terror and my BIG BAD chunkey monkey Rocky.

dukedogsmom
08-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Welcome! That unexpected loss must have been really hard. And, when you've been here a while, you'll know we always enjoy seeing pictures! So, put them up when you can.

sabies
08-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Welcome Diana! I had a sister like dog when I was younger and now I'm mom to a best dog friend who has been with me since the day I stepped out on my own. Glad you have new doggies to give love to and I'm sure they are glad you found them!

Pet Talk is definitely interested in pictures!

Fox-Gal
08-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. Sorry to hear about your Angie, I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. I know after a lose, I swear I'm not going go through that again. I tell my self "no more Pets".
But of course that never happens....I have 9 dogs right now and 8 cats...so as you can see I never listen to myself. :D The love is worth it.

I hope to see some pictures of your babies, everyone here loves pictures. :)

Hope you enjoy your time here.

captain
08-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk .......... you will certainly not find any shortage of loving, pet mad people here!!!

We LOVE pics, so the tutorial should help you ..... and we will wait patiently...... :D

My Peanuts
08-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, this seems like a really friendly board. I tried to post four pictures below, I hope they worked. The pictures of the black pug are Sylvia, she is five months old, the white terrier mix is Harley, he is one and we got him from the Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge Illinois three weeks ago. Last and certainly not least is my Shih Tzu that passed away a few months ago. I miss her a lot. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p8748223a5b3dee060b5c3fa205da4d69/fb44b2e6.jpg.thumb.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p8e3c615c5c4d64d71b7f5fa8cab6c5d8/fb44b2e9.jpg.thumb.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p523bbd7757f2477a246c0928e123a189/fb44b2ed.jpg.thumb.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p5256cad2255493d85c9b64c62ee26e71/fb44b2ee.jpg.thumb.jpg

My Peanuts
08-26-2003, 11:26 PM
The picture with only Harley and brother in it was taken at the shelter because we couldn't take him home until he was neutered and my brother and I picked him out alone. We took this picture after his doggy interview with Sylvia so my mom and dad could see what he looked like.

shais_mom
08-26-2003, 11:32 PM
First off welcome to the Wonderful World of PetTalk. :):D

Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your beloved Angie.
I lost my greyhound almost 2 years ago and not a day goes by I Dont think of her.
Congratulations on adding Sylvia and Harley into your life!!
HUGE hugs to you and your parents!

My name is Staci and as you can see in my siggy I have an almost 2 year old GR names Keegan and a 3 year old DLH kitty named Kylie that are the lights of my life!

anna_66
08-27-2003, 06:56 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome.gif

to the best place on the web!

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Angie. I know what it's like to loose a loved one in such a short time. I do hope that being here at PT will help you over some of your grief (along with your new family members;) )

I can't see your pictures:( But I'll be looking forward to seeing & hearing about them!

cloverfdx
08-27-2003, 08:53 AM
A big warm welcome to you diane and also to Sylvia and Harley

i am so sorry about the loss of your Angie.

well hope to hear more about you and your pups soon, and once again welcome.

actually id better introduce myself aswell, my name is rhiannon im 21 years old (22 in oct) and am the proud mum of 3 dogs but soon to be four when i bring my border collie home in about 14 weeks, the 3 dog are "clover" a rottweiler X, "penny" a JRT x, and "theodore" the chihuahua, my little grey makeral tabby cat also lives with me and her name is "yumi".

:) hope you enjoy it here

RobiLee
08-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Hello, Diana! Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm so sorry to hear about Angie. I know how hard it can be. I'm so glad that you have found two new furry friends. A great big Welcome to Sylvia and Harley too!! I can't see the pics that you posted but I sure do hope I get to see them soon.

My name is Robin and I have an Akita. Her name is Katie and she is 5 months old. Its nice to meet you! :)

Have a great day....Robin

robinh
08-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Hello Diana! A big PetTalk welcome to you, Sylvia and Harley! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Angie. We lost our 14 year old chesapeake, Peach in March. I still miss her so.

You will definitely find lots of pet lovers here. And you never need to ask if people want to see pictures because they always do.

My name is Robin (Yep, another one). I am one of those crazy multiple dog people. I have 5 furbabies: two dachshunds, Max (8+ yrs old) and Muffin (5 mos old); a mixed breed, Carly (5+ yrs old); a yorkshire terrier, Molly (1 yr old) and a bichon frise, Kirby (11 mos. old).

ChrisH
08-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Diana.:D

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Angie. I, along with so many other Pet Talkers, know how hard it can be.

I also cannot see the pictures but I look forward to being able to very soon.:)

Chris

lovemyshiba
08-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Diana!!
Welcome to Pet Talk!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Angie, I know it is hard.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Sylvia and Harley--they sure are adorable!!!

I have 3 furkids, Kito, a shiba inu, Abbey, a beagle mix (they are both a year and a half) and Riley, a little lab, who is about 8 months old.

Toby's Mommy
08-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Welcome to pt!!!

My Peanuts
08-27-2003, 01:32 PM
ok, I don't know what happened to the pictures, but here they are again. :) The last one is my baby Angie. These are all my peanuts!!

http://www.lswon.com/upload/files/DSC00401%20Small.JPG http://www.lswon.com/upload/files/DSC00368%20Small.JPG http://www.lswon.com/upload/files/DSC00241%20Small.JPG http://www.lswon.com/upload/files/DSC00132%20Small.JPG

My Peanuts
08-27-2003, 01:36 PM
RobiLee, my fiance has a four year old Akita. I'll take some pictures of him and post them. He's a very handsome dog and his name is Griz. Griz is 155 pounds, which seems really huge to me since my biggest dog is 20 pounds! ;)

Cataholic
08-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Diana,
Welcome to PT. I just have this feeling you are going to really like it here. I am so sorry about Angie. That must have been so hard for you. To turn around and give you love to others is awesome! I know it doesn't diminish Angie's loss, nothing could, but, it gives so much to your newbies.

I don't get over the doggie side much, despite the fact I have such a large doggie! I co-exist with a few kitties and a St. B puppy, 9 months old. I look forward to seeing your posts!

Welcome again.
Johanna

RobiLee
08-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
RobiLee, my fiance has a four year old Akita. I'll take some pictures of him and post them. He's a very handsome dog and his name is Griz. Griz is 155 pounds, which seems really huge to me since my biggest dog is 20 pounds! ;)

Can't wait to see the pics of Griz! He sounds like he is a big one. My Katie is a bit on the small side for an akita. We don't look for her to get too big. Of course you never know. Looking forward to seeing the pics. Absolutely love the pics of your 2 fur faces. What a couple of cuties!!! :) They are so sweet laying in the bed together. Angie is precious. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there and know how hard it is. It took me 3 years before I could get another dog, but Katie sure was worth the wait. Now I wish I could get a whole mess of dogs. Nothing beats their unconditional friendship and love!

:) Robin:)

GSDgurl
08-27-2003, 03:07 PM
!!~WELCOME~!! To Pet Talk~!! You'll enjoy it here~!

Sorry to hear of the passing of sweet Angie....:(

Your pups are some cuties though~!! I love Harley....he's a cutie n' of course Sylvia is too~!! Thanx for sharing the pix~!

My name is Casey n' im 15 soon to 16~! I am owned by.....
3 dogs- Asia(GSD), Alex(Sheltie), n' Colby(Dobeman)
3 cats- Ashes Meche n' Kayro....all tortiseshells
n' 1 rabbit Baby

Can't wait to hear more about your babies~!! N' of course see more pictures~!:D :D :D

pitc9
08-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Welcome!!

I also am sorry to hear of your loss.

KYS
08-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Great pictures, very handsome family.