PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Bizarre Food Fetishes

IttyBittyKitty
08-11-2003, 06:35 AM
Tonight, we were chiling out in front of Pixel's favourite toy, the TV. We were eating disgustingly unhealthy chocolate-covered popcorn. Scott dropped a piece on the ground. Any foodstuffs that end up on the ground are inspected by the ever ravenous Pixel.

This wayward kernel was no exception. She sniffed it, licked it, and discovered that she LOVED IT! I gave her another piece, and she practically inhaled it. I think I've found her price *evil laughter!*

Does anyone else's cat have a BIZARRE FOOD FETISH?

Barbara
08-11-2003, 06:47 AM
First the pedagogic part: chocolate is NOT good for cats.

But whenever you unwrap something, here is Filou asking for his share. I only give him tiny pieces but he really loves a good fat milk chocolate;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2003, 06:48 AM
Ally will do ANYTHING for HAM from our deli - and she has recently displayed a fondness for BANANAS!:rolleyes:

emily_the_spoiled
08-11-2003, 07:14 AM
For what ever reason Emily LOVES microwave popcorn (only the white part). She will even "do tricks" for it ... as much as any cats does tricks :D :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
08-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
First the pedagogic part: chocolate is NOT good for cats.

But whenever you unwrap something, here is Filou asking for his share. I only give him tiny pieces but he really loves a good fat milk chocolate;)

Neither is chewing 240v electrical cables, but that doesn't stop our Pixel :rolleyes:! At any rate, if we just fed her chocolate coated popcorn, she'd be the size of a HOUSE! lol

Lerah021399
08-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Let's see...Ali loves pretty much all food.

Jack loves tea. Any flavor, sweet or not, he always has his head in our cups drinking it. Of course we don't let him have a lot of it though. He likes yogurt too. But he's funny, he doesn't like chicken or other things that a cat would normally go for. He also likes Ritz crackers.

Vio&Juni
08-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Juni loves olives, cucumber (her mom - Naomi was crazy after it, other vegetables as well), corn, and cactuses. he-he-he, no, she doesn't eat the cactus, but she tries to bite it. She looks very funny when she does that :D

catlover4ever
08-11-2003, 09:19 AM
My Tigger loves Doritos (original flavor). Tucker eats plain potato chips.

My mom's cats will eat just about anything, from fried clam strips to pickels.

catmandu
08-11-2003, 09:33 AM
The lost cats eat Potato Chips ,Captain Cruch , Sor Cream , Octoberfest Sauges , Popcorn , Cheese , Apple Sauce and the more traditinal Mousie or Two.Also oddly enogh the Margarine on my sandwhiches and Cheeze Whiz!What ever cant eat them first!And BACON!!!!

jazzcat
08-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Ripley is my sweet tooth boy and Jazz is my cheese queen but so far Scout eats about anything. She particularly love Doritos - the new Salsa flavored ones are her fave.

tomkatzid
08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Kelcee loves a peanut or two from a Payday candy bar. She loves a bit of my cookies, what ever kind. She has a spoon of ice cream most every night. She wants the juice of tuna, not the tuna.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Kona loves plain tortilla chips. She's not interested in potato chips, though, just tortilla. She also loves popcorn and the water from the tuna can.

2kitties
08-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Taz is interested in all forms of deli style meats and cheeses.
He'll do almost anything for a pringles potato chip or a piece of warm flour tortilla:rolleyes:

Rocky isn't typically interested in people food, unless it's tuna. Funny, though, he's the fatty and Taz is skinny.

Soledad
08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Boo is a fool for Doritos, cheese and any kind of fish. :)

catland
08-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Jan likes to munch on coffee beans:eek:

zippy-kat
08-11-2003, 12:46 PM
PoPcOrN!!
K'Cee absolutely LOOOOVEESSS it!

emily_the_spoiled
08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Jan likes to munch on coffee beans

Is a cat on caffiene anything like a cat on catnip ;) ;)

cubby31682
08-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Cubby like chicken cesar salads, mashed potatoes, lettace, pineapples, spinich, green beans, tomatoes, popcorn, waffles, pancakes, french toast, shrimp, and a ton of others that I can't remember right off hand. Basicly anything I eat or hubby eats cubby will eat it to.

NoahsMommy
08-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Noah: broccoli, turkey, cheese popcorn, mashed potatoes, chicken, tuna

Noel: ANYTHING sweet and/or chrunchy (she'll sit and watch you while you eat chips or pretzels asking for some...), like turkey, yogurt, tuna, chicken

Basil: chicken, mashed potatoes, cream cheese, yogurt (he's my picky eater...hates wet cat food, tuna, soft cat treats...)

Olivia: will eat anything!!!!

Micah: not allowed anything besides his food and yogurt

Hermie: will eat anything!!!

Barbara
08-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Lerah021399
Of course we don't let him ......

That's what I also say all the time ;)

Miss Meow
08-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Anything produced by a cow: milk, yoghurt (plain and with fruit), cream, sour cream, and Pickles and Tabasco would kill for a piece of cheese :)

Oh yes, I remembered some pictures of a young Miss Jasmine acquainting herself with Sara Lee vanilla ... :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p4eb869f033002c89991965e55901941a/fd1da571.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p93b71977379fa7c51b56cbb629d2c63c/fd1da570.jpg

IttyBittyKitty
08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
That's priceless Miss Meow!!!!

It's something to think about though ... cats have tastes that vary as much as human tastes do!

(I wonder what Pixel's taste in music is?)

Vio&Juni
08-12-2003, 08:52 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p4eb869f033002c89991965e55901941a/fd1da571.jpg

Sara Lee vanilla swallowed Jasmine's head :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Sara Lee vanilla swallowed Jasmine's head :D

:D :D

Tubby will eat just about anything. We were having corn on the cob the other night, and he even ate a little bit of that after some happened to accidentally fall on the floor. ;) :rolleyes: :p

Peanut is much more particular about what she eats.

The oddest thing I've seen either one of them eat is key lime pie. Peanut absolutely adores it and will crowd around me and start licking it right off the plate - while I'm still eating it! She doesn't do that for much anything else I can think of except ice cream, and I thought the key lime would be too bitter for them, but they love it! :D

Denyce
08-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Katiebug really likes the silk on fresh corn. Kaliban loves lettuce. Brianna loves chedder cheese. Now Deirdre....I caught her munching down some watermelon the weekend. She has been known to eat fresh tomatos, peppers, lima beans, green beans. We call her goat guts because almost nothing comes back up either and she doesn't gain an ounce. She also consumes all meats and such. She just isn't much of a dairy cat.

Denyce

RedHedd
08-12-2003, 03:39 PM
My old RB meezer, Syee, loved corn on the cob. I fondly remember how silly she would look nibbling the corn off the cob, but she loved it. She'd even root around in the trash looking for corn cobs to nibble on! :rolleyes:

So far the only people food my current two eat is my morning cereal! :rolleyes: Last night I tried to entice Mitzi to share my asparagus, but she wanted nothing to do with them. Now the Cheetos she was interested in, but after a sniff or two decided her catfood was better. Tonight I'm cooking chicken, so we'll see if I get to have it all to myself or not. :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Storm loves almost everything. I try not to feed him people food any more though. For treats I give him the gerber's graduates turkey sticks and he loves these. He is after all my child. :) When I did let him have people food he liked: doritos, cheese, icecream, cream cheese, rice pudding, bagels, butter, popcorn, chicken, hamburger meat and the list goes on. :)

Sunny loves dairy products like yogurt, ice cream, cream cheese, butter, and rice pudding.

Cirrus always seems interested in people food but then smells it and backs away from it.

Sky doesn't really seem interested in people food either. He loves his dry cat food though. :)

IttyBittyKitty
08-13-2003, 06:23 AM
That's where Pixie draws the line ... her and Daddy are carnivores!

KAK - love the new sig and icon :D