PDA

View Full Version : the cat fight, a train and the flasher

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 01:49 PM
It's one o'clock in the morning -the porch light from my mom's house is shining in
my eyes and the sound of nails on the window, next to my bed, is keeping me awake.

last night I came back from mom's house with eddie under my arm.
As I put him on the floor and noticed he ran to and was intently staring out the door.
I walked into the bedroom and heard him start to talk. It was the 'RE-OW, RE-OW'
that signaled that the stray neighborhood cat was in the patio area between the houses..

LOL, he has had a few encounters with Mr. Stray, usually ending with the screen door taking most of
the punishment. Not tonight…….

Eddie began to scamper between the door and the window which is next to the bed…..window, door, window, door with the 'RE-OW' sounds for effect. I'm mildly amused at this point, I'm getting ready for
bed, putting on my shorts when I hear the hissing sound of a cat just over my shoulder.

I turn and see Eddie's rear end at the screen of the window. I reach over to get him out of the window, as I
touch his hind quarters he turns and hisses at me!!!! Hey what did I do to you??

His next move is to go thru the screen to get to Mr Stray.

At that point my last glimpse of Edward is his fluffy tail disappearing out the window.

I hear a thump and ALL hell breaks loose.

At that point I'm thinking about Eddie getting thrashed, scratched and hurt…..

I run to the front door and see THE TRAIN go by.

At the front is Mr. Stray……the next 'car' is Magic, the big red dog , who apparently had Mr. Stray
cornered in the patio, next to my window……bringing up the rear, with his tail standing straight up in the air is Edward D. Katz…..it's dark out side so it takes me a second to figure out what's going on!!!!

a mottled cat, a dark red dog and a white cat bringin up the rear!!!!

I hit the door and run out to the driveway just in time to see eddie make the corner, he's heading along the fence next to the neighbor's house………I almost make the turn when I realize that as I ran to the door
I dropped my shorts and am now standing in the driveway in a t-shirt, nothing else…..

I run back into the house and get my shorts on, a flashlight and go to find my cat!!!!!

I find the cat under the truck and as I shine the light on him he stands there defying me to crawl under
the car to grab him……after some initial coaxing I remember that he responds best to, 'LET'S GO!"

I am proud of the fact that he understands some basic verbal commands!! when it's time to leave my mom's house I just say, 'let's go' and he saunters to the door!!

As he waddles to the rear of the truck, I walk over and pick him up…..just like nothing had happened….

As we get back into the house, I'm shaking with relief……..THANK GOD!!!! I begin to laugh, then I close the window (the screen can wait at this point!)…..

After a final scolding I climb into bed and am startled by a flash of light, the sound of cat nails on glass and
a mewling sound that can only be described as, 'DAD LET ME AT HIM, I KNOW I CAN TAKE THAT
PUNK…JUST GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE…'

I drift off to sleep…….light in my face, scratch, scratch and Eddie making all kinds of rude noises…

things I learned…..

Fasten your window screens, get dressed before you go out and chase your cat and the funniest thing is watching a cat, being chased by a dog with another cat in pursuit….only in my world!!!
:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh my! What an exciting evening you had. And it sound like you just drifted off to sleep, no problem! I would have been wide awake at this point with the very last thing on my mind being sleep!

I'm glad you got Eddie back inside safe and sound, but it must have been hilarious to see the "train." :D

Great story.....now if we only had pics to go with it. ;) :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
08-06-2003, 02:25 PM
T&P's mom, you want pictures of the train with Richard as the caboose or pictures of Richard's caboose :eek: :o :D

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
T&P's mom, you want pictures of the train with Richard as the caboose or pictures of Richard's caboose :eek: :o :D

:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by lbaker

:eek: :eek: :eek: Is right!!! :D :D :D

aguu
08-06-2003, 02:39 PM
OHHHHHHH man. That's just too funny. I can see it all perfectly in my mind.
I thought I couldn't laugh any harder and then I got to lbaker's comment.
You people really crack me up!

Denyce
08-06-2003, 02:40 PM
*LMAO*

Ok that was one of the best stories I have read in ages. Reminds me slightly of the time at the stables where I boarded my horse they had a Weimeraner (sp) dog and a calico cat. One day I was grooming my horse when I heard this commotion...behind me was a large crow flying very low to the ground with the cat chasing the crow and the dog chasing the cat...I then promptly raced behind them all flapping my arms about screeching...Goody Goody Goody...which was actually one of the horses names...why I don't know...*chuckle*

ramanth
08-06-2003, 02:46 PM
:eek: :eek: :D :D

LMAO!!!! Oh... oh my. Thanks for the laugh Richard. :D

Glad Eddie is home safe. :)

slick
08-06-2003, 03:05 PM
:D :D :D My God, I've got to visit California......that story conjures up all kinds of visions.......

Who needs TV when you've got Richard and Pet Talk!!!

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D :D My God, I've got to visit California......that story conjures up all kinds of visions.......

Who needs TV when you've got Richard and Pet Talk!!!

the part i left out was......

standing at the corner thinking....

i have to pull this shirt down because i feel a draft.

i have to catch the cat.

i have to put on some clothes...

cat? clothes? cat? clothes? cat? CLOTHES!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek:

i guess modesty wins at a moment like that!

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D :D My God, I've got to visit California...

Oh, they do dat in Ohiho, too. :p

(Ask Dad bout the tyme Boots, da Kat, fresh outa Sir Jury an wearin his Kone-Hed, wandered out the frunt door (left open by DAD) bout 3 a-klok inna mornin...)

Gud thing we live out inna Boonies!
:rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

(Ask Dad bout the tyme Boots, da Kat, fresh outa Sir Jury an wearin his Kone-Hed, wandered out the frunt door (left open by DAD) bout 3 a-klok inna mornin...)

we want a story!
we want a story!

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2003, 03:50 PM

Both sides of the state...

Just about 2 years ago, we were getting ready to go on vacation. Ralph had gone to do soemthing, and I did not realize he didn't shut the gates. I let Sadie out (our only dog at the time) and she went to visit the neighbor across the street, who was packing his car for vacation. I couldn't go get her...it was 10 am and I was only wearing a t-shirt! Thankfully, after a quick hello, and a frantic call from mom to get home, she did!!

Great Story Richard. Glad Eddie made it home okay after his adventure :)

slick
08-06-2003, 04:00 PM

Gud thing we live out inna Boonies!

Yes, do please elaborate......we wanna here more.....

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I couldn't go get her...it was 10 am and I was only wearing a t-shirt!

well,
i can only say that a woman dressed only in a t-shirt at 10 a.m. is far more appealing, and acceptable, than a flasher whispering, "eddie! eddie!" next to the neighbors bedroom window about 15 after midnight.:eek:

BastetsMum
08-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks Richard!

I just snorted tea, inhaled it - started having a coughing and sneezing fit and scared Bastet under the bed at the hilarity of your tail :D :D :D

ChrisH
08-06-2003, 04:25 PM
My, oh, my! The pictures all that conjures up!:D :D :D

nodgeness
08-06-2003, 04:37 PM
That's the best story I've heard in a long time. I can understand how your cat jumping out a window could scare the shorts off you :) I'm glad you were able to get him back w/out anything bad happening!

NoahsMommy
08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Oh no!!! I'm sorry to benefit with laughter from your unfortuante story. But...hee hee, that was funny! :D

I sure am glad you caught Mr. Eddie.

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
well,
i can only say that a woman dressed only in a t-shirt at 10 a.m. is far more appealing, and acceptable, than a flasher whispering, "eddie! eddie!" next to the neighbors bedroom window about 15 after midnight.:eek:

Good point...but you have a better chance of hiding in the middle of the night, then in broad daylight!!

Miss Meow
08-06-2003, 07:08 PM
LOL!!! :D

AmberLee
08-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Whew, what a relief Eddie's home safe.

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2003, 11:37 PM
:D :D :D LOL:D :D :D This story is so hilarious. I'm so glad that Eddie got home safely. :)

Barbara
08-07-2003, 04:28 AM
well,
i can only say that a woman dressed only in a t-shirt at 10 a.m. is far more appealing

Depends of the age of the woman: ok this story happened 20 years ago:

Samson the cat (looking like Nakita) was used to sleep on my Citroen 2 CV in front of the house. You know, it has a tarpaulin roof which was like a warm hammock most of the time.

One day there came a pick-up selling beer and lemonade (they still drive through the villages, stop every some houses and sell -so you don't have to carry the hard stuff). They also have tarpaulins and Samson thought it would be a good roof to try.

Next thing I saw from the kitchen window was I see the pick-up slowly passing the house and continuing it's way. With Samson on top. I saw -I ran. It was a LONG T-Shirt. But not too long. I have no idea what the driver thought when I ran and urgently waved to stop -but he stopped.:p :p :p

BTW: Nobody asked how is Mr Stray? And did Eddie want to protect him?? And how is the dawg???

Vio&Juni
08-07-2003, 04:52 AM
well,
i can only say that a woman dressed only in a t-shirt at 10 a.m. is far more appealing, and acceptable, than a flasher whispering, "eddie! eddie!" next to the neighbors bedroom window about 15 after midnight.[QUOTE]

ROTFLOL OMG, I imagined that :D

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barbara
Depends of the age of the woman: ok this story happened 20 years ago:

Samson the cat (looking like Nakita) was used to sleep on my Citroen 2 CV in front of the house. You know, it has a tarpaulin roof which was like a warm hammock most of the time.

One day there came a pick-up selling beer and lemonade (they still drive through the villages, stop every some houses and sell -so you don't have to carry the hard stuff). They also have tarpaulins and Samson thought it would be a good roof to try.

Next thing I saw from the kitchen window was I see the pick-up slowly passing the house and continuing it's way. With Samson on top. I saw -I ran. It was a LONG T-Shirt. But not too long. I have no idea what the driver thought when I ran and urgently waved to stop -but he stopped.:p :p :p

BTW: Nobody asked how is Mr Stray? And did Eddie want to protect him?? And how is the dawg???

Barbara, maybe it was appealing, as RICHARD said :)

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 10:49 AM
i was sitting at home last night and thought about
Mr. Stray.....

Magic, the dog and Mr. Stray have an understanding.....Magic has grown up around cats so he chases, never catches....Mr. Stray always shows up and it depends on how Magic feels....

I leave the front door open and Eddie sits there-waiting for Mr. Stray to visit. Every once in a while there is a huge commotion, the screen door get battered and slammed around.

I think Eddie just wanted to be a part of the parade...

Barbara,

ANYONE looks better in a T-shirt than I do!!!:p

Barbara
08-07-2003, 11:13 AM

Barbara,

ANYONE looks better in a T-shirt than I do!!!:p

I know you often write phrases like that but since you've been at THE PARTY we all can have our own opinion about it:cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
One day there came a pick-up selling beer and lemonade (they still drive through the villages, stop every some houses and sell -so you don't have to carry the hard stuff).

Wow! A truck that drives the neighborhoods selling beer and lemonade!!??!? :eek: :eek: Kinda like an ice cream truck, but with beer instead of ice cream! :cool: :cool:

Somehow I think it's a very good thing they don't have those over here! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Barbara
08-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Yes exactly -they don't sell by the bottle but by the box of 12 or 20 (depends of the company):)

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Yes exactly -they don't sell by the bottle but by the box of 12 or 20 (depends of the company):)

LOL, i'm moving to Germany......no more drunk driving!!!!!

i always thought that europe is a bit more advanced then the USA...

next thing you'll hear about is pizza and beer being delivered by car;)

Cheshirekatt
08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
lololololol

Now that conjures up a funny picture!

When Patches was just a little puppy (and not yet housetrained!) I would rush her outside when we woke up in the morning. This was in December, and I lived in a little cottage behind my landlords big house. Well, I throw on my shortie bathrobe and scoot her outside to do her business.

Just as I hear the door shut, I think to myself, "I wonder if the door's locked?"

Oh yeah, locked outside at 5:30am, with Patches, total bed head hair and a shortie bathrobe! And it's cold!

Luckily my landlord had just woken up and came outside to grab the paper and let me back in.

:D

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
lololololol

Oh yeah, locked outside at 5:30am, with Patches, total bed head hair and a shortie bathrobe! And it's cold!

Luckily my landlord had just woken up and came outside to grab the paper and let me back in.

SHOOT,

i was waiting for the paperboy to show up just as you made it halfway up the trellis-the trellis next to the open second story window.....;)

I only do my flashing at night....so far it's three women during the day......See, told you that
it's more acceptable for a lady to flash in the daytime!!!:D

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Here's a link to some of the Old Lock-Out Tails...

Who locked mommy out of the house today??? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=325267)