PDA

View Full Version : Duke's Welcome Home

dukedogsmom
08-02-2003, 08:18 PM
This is how Duke welcomes me every time I get home. He loves those rawhide chews and carries them everywhere. Actually, any time someone comes home, he runs to find his "toy" and greets them at the door with it. And then he wants them to play keepaway with him. He's so cute. I'm calling this pic devil dog because his eyes look so evil! I don't know how to correct it, either. http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/redeyes.jpg
And, after the official greeting, he runs to his dog bed where he wants me to try and get his toy from him. I'm the only one that really plays this with him because he gets quite vicious and bares his teeth. Then I tell him that it's his and he starts knawing on it.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/dogbed.jpg And his eyes are glowing in this one. Grrrrrrr. Anyway, I'll taper off with the photos in a bit. Just love playing with my new camera.

KYS
08-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Duke must put a big smile on your face and
a warm feeling in your heart when he
welcomes you back home.

micki76
08-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Anyway, I'll taper off with the photos in a bit. Just love playing with my new camera.

Taper off? Taper off? Says who? For someone who just got a new camera, you're not posting enough!!!:D

tatsxxx11
08-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Exactly........MORE, not less!:D I love Duke's game! I have a friend whose Lab x Lady loves to play that game with her blankie! After greeting the visitor at the door with it, she runs to her bed and pleads for a tug of war! Duke, you look so precious with your "bone!" :) You don't scare me one bit!

Logan
08-03-2003, 06:52 AM
Devil dog? I think not! LOL!!! I love being able to predict exactly what they are going to do when I walk through the door, cats included!!! :) If they don't do it, then I start worrying!!

All I know is that the bone Duke has wouldn't last five minutes in this house. Lilly wouldn't stop until it was completely gone!!!! :rolleyes:

Great pictures.....keep them coming!! :)

Rachel
08-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Try taking a picture without the flash. That way you won't get the eye reflection. With my digital I rarely need a flash, even indoors.

Tucker, like Duke, loves to greet us or anyone who comes to the door with something in his mouth. Hannah has never done that. I think it is the cutest trait. Wish I knew what goes through their mind when they do that.

Please don't stop with the pictures. You've barely started. What a lovely way to get to know Duke better.

Cookiebaker
08-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Hehehe! Malone does the exact same thing!!! :D

Great pictures, and please keep them coming!! More, more more!!! ;)

delidog
08-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Dukes' not a Devil Dog....Just Devillish!!!;)
He is Gorgeous!!!!

Iagree with Micki76.....Taper off???????No Way!!!!!

Practice with that great new camera!!!!!

We love to be the guinea pigs!!!!;)

And We LOVE Pet Pics!!!

Cataholic
08-03-2003, 08:23 AM
I think it is funny he greets you with his toys. Shouldn't he greet you with your toys? Like in the 'olden' days, when the doggies would get the slippers for you when you came home? I have to find my own slippers, who knows where Binx has hidden them.

Great pics! Post more!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Duke is a real sweetie. Devil dog? Nawwwww. He just wants to have fun, lol. Perry runs around with red, green and blue stuffed rabbits, they are all over our house and don't dare put them away, lol. I love the pictures of Duke, he is one special pup, you just keep the pictures coming, lol.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

lovemyshiba
08-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Duke is so handsome!!!!

I love the picture of him with his bone!!!

Kito does the same thing when I come home--grabs any toy he can find in his mouth--if he can't find one, you can see him frantically searching for something to greet me with!!!!

More pictures:D

Airedalekisses
08-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Duke!! I made you a star!!

robinh
08-03-2003, 05:56 PM
It's MINE!! http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/dogbed.jpg

This is a great picture!

You can't taper off - we need more pictures not less! He's so handsome!

LoudLou
08-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by robinh
... You can't taper off - we need more pictures not less! He's so handsome!

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, Practice, Practice.

How do you get to know your New Camera? Practice, Practice, Practice.

How do you keep all the Pet Talkers Happy? POST PICTURES!:D ;)

Duke you are a HANDSOME Devil aren't you? ;)

tatsxxx11
08-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Awww, how nice of you AiredaleK!!:) What a great sig. for Duke! Duke's Mom's going to be thrilled! She was looking for someone to help her out with a sig!:)

anna_66
08-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Taper off? Taper off? Says who? For someone who just got a new camera, you're not posting enough!!!:D

Ditto that:D

Airedalekisses
08-04-2003, 09:03 AM
here we go now Flair is included-hope the image didn't pickle(ok pixel) too much. I really hope I haven't stepped on any signature makers toes!!