PDA

View Full Version : Keep Isis in your thoughts

Andie
07-30-2003, 01:28 PM
My poor baby is sitting in the vet's right now.

She's had diarrhea for about a week now but it was yesterday that finally got her to the vet. She started throwing up blood! :eek: I called as soon as I saw and they gave me an 1:30 appointment (I called @ 8:30) unless it gets worse. So I took her up there and she had a slight fever (102.5 F) and there were no obstructions that could be seen on x-rays so they kept her overnight. They are going to treat her for an ulcer. I've been waiting all day for them to call me. I hope it's nothing too serious. It broke my heart yesterday afternoon to leave her there.

Lerah021399
07-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Hope everything is okay w/ Isis. I'm sure if you haven't heard from your vet's office already that they wouldn't mind if you called them. My vet deals w/ me calling them all day when one of my cats are there and they don't mind at all...they actually said that they expect it. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

Andie
07-30-2003, 03:40 PM
I did call them and he apoligized for not calling me sooner. He said that she is still throwing up blood even though he's giving her an anti-nausea and antibiotic. She has to stay one more night with another round of the meds. He suggests another test where he shoots barium (SP?) into her system to check for obstructions that were not picked up on the x-ray if tonights round of meds doesn't work.

slick
07-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Prayers on the way for dear little Isis! Hope it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

Steffi N
07-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Poor Isis, I hope the doctor finds out soon what the problem is and that it can be easily treated.
Isis baby, I know you miss your mommie. I hope you are better soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Oh no! Poor Isis! Please get better soon sweety. I know it's hard to have her there another night, but at least she's in a place where they can keep her monitored in case anything goes wrong.

Thoughts and prayers going out for your Isis sweetie.

ChrisH
07-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Poor Isis:( Hope they find out what is wrong soon and whatever it is it is easily treated.
Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

CameozMom
07-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling ill Isis!! Cameo and I say our prayers every night before we go to bed, so we'll make sure to say a special prayer for you!! Andie, thoughts and prayers be with you and I am sure that your cat will be back in your loving arms in no time!!!

Susie

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Isis is sick. :( Prayers are on the way. I sure hope it's nothing serious and that it's treatable. Please keep us updated.

kimlovescats
07-31-2003, 12:37 AM
Oh how awful...... I hope and pray that little Isis will be feeling much better soon, and the vet can determine what is making her so sick! Please keep us posted! :(

Kirsten
07-31-2003, 01:54 AM
Oh, poor Isis!!! My best wishes to you, hopefully it's something that's easily treatable!

Get well soon, little Isis!

Kirsten

HayleyRosie
07-31-2003, 06:02 AM
So sorry to hear that Isis is not feeling well. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

bluekat
07-31-2003, 09:19 AM
So sorry to hear that, poor Isis:( I hope its nothing too serious. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbara
07-31-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm so sorry too hear Isis is sick. I hope they find out soon what it is and can help her:)

Andie
08-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Isis is home finally!!!!!! We picked her up last night. Vet said she wasn't throwing up blood anymore and she was eating some so she was fine to come home. She has some antibiotics and anti-ulcer meds, and she still has an upset tummy but she been acting pretty much normal.

She clung to me last night, I was gonna leave her with Dustin's mom last night but she wouldn't let go of me for nothing. I think she even missed Bull too cuz she slept right up next to him last night which is something she never does!!!!

I'm just glad to have her back.

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Isis is home and doing much better. :) Thanks for the update.

Andie
08-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Gotta love the power of Pet Talk prayers. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 12:59 PM
It's good to hear Isis is back home! Hopefully the meds will do the trick and she'll be better in not time. And it's sweet that she missed everybody so much and just wanted to snuggle when she got home. :)

Steffi N
08-01-2003, 08:41 PM
I am glad that Isis is home and getting better with the help of some meds and snuggles. :)

shais_mom
08-02-2003, 12:50 AM
She is in my thoughts and prayers

Kirsten
08-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear she's home, she seems to be very happy to be with her family again!

Hope she'll quickly recover from her upset stomach, whatever it was!!!

Kirsten