PDA

View Full Version : Nellie's fancy fence-seat!

bisi.cat
07-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, but I've noticed that I haven't any digital photos of Nellie sitting on the seat, so I photographed some out of her photo album...

Nellie was very sad when we fenced in the front yard some years ago, because she loves to know what's going on outside, so my husband decided to build her a seat on the fence.

Now she knows what's going on outside the yard, she can hide and is out of reach of dogs (though all dogs are leashed)...it's so funny to see her peek after people and most people have to laugh out loud when they notice her high up on the fence, wondering what long legs this cat must have...lol...:D :D :D

For Nellie's convenience we have attached some steps (see inside-yard pic) so she can reach her seat in a dignified way...

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-28-2003, 05:49 AM
That is SO COOL! What a great idea:eek:

jenluckenbach
07-28-2003, 06:11 AM
How fantastic for Nellie! I bet the passers by wonder about a cat that is big enough to look over a 6 foot fence:eek: :D

Edwina's Secretary
07-28-2003, 07:25 AM
What a pampered puss is Nellie! That's a great idea. How do you keep her from going down the other side?

bisi.cat
07-28-2003, 07:38 AM
How do you keep her from going down the other side?

Actually she's allowed to go outside, but she prefers to stay inside the fence...we live very serene here (cul-de-sac at the edge of a forest) and Nellie always stays close to her turf...I guess it's more fun to see the world from her little throne up on the fence...:D

Randi
07-28-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
How do you keep her from going down the other side?
I was going to ask the same. ;)

She looks very content up there on her fence - no wonder! Cats like to have a good general view! A great idea with those steps! It sounds like a very nice neighborhood you live in. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Lucky Nellie, having such a wonderful perch to survey the world from.

HayleyRosie
07-28-2003, 08:01 AM
What a wonderful idea!

Steffi N
07-28-2003, 08:07 AM
What a nice way for Nellie to enjoy herself. :)

catmandu
07-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Nifty Nellie , keeping an eye on the neighbors! Good idea!

Cataholic
07-28-2003, 10:51 AM
That is so cool. I bet Nellie is so pleased to have her very own window to the world, and steps to get up there!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2003, 01:15 PM
What a neat idea for her. It does look kinda funny from the outside, because you can't see what she's sitting on. ;) :D And so nice of your husband to build little steps for her too. She sure is a spoiled kitty. :D

I have a friend who lives in the Seattle area who has two cats. Their basement is finished, but one wall seemed sort of bare. So what does my friend's boyfriend do? He puts up two "shelves" for the kitties to sleep on! Nellie's steps reminded me of it because they look like the kitty shelves at my friend's house. When I saw the pic she showed me of the shelves, I just had to ask where she got the lovely knick knacks. :D