PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to eat here!! (a funny bike shorts story)



Aspen and Misty
07-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Me and my dad were sitting outside a sub shop today in State College and 2 men in BIKE SHORTS came over and asked if they could eat with us, LOL. I about died. O man, not one but 2 men in bike shorts! I couldn't help but think of the conversation recently about Bike shorts here on pet talk. LOL. I almost took a picture for you guys, I know how much you LOVE bike shorts!

LMAO!

Ash

slick
07-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Where's Richard when you need him!!! So, do tell Ash, what did they look like?? Was it worth the view???

lovemyshiba
07-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Too bad you didn't get a photo!!!
Which sub shop were you at?? My good friend owns one downtown, and another "person I know" owns a few other ones.
How was the show, anyway??

Aspen and Misty
07-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by slick
Where's Richard when you need him!!! So, do tell Ash, what did they look like?? Was it worth the view???

If you like a 60 year old man and another man in his 40's. :D

Emily- It was at a gas station, that sells pizza and subs, don't know if you know what I'm talking about but thats where we ate.

I though Richard might like to know about this, LOL. I thought of him when they came riding up and couldn't help but laugh!

Ash

Airedalekisses
07-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh those spandex bike shorts with the chamois inserts-whew!! I would have lost my lettuce-how big were their sub sandwiches, ahem!!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
07-19-2003, 03:28 PM
LOL!! :D

iceyshiver21
07-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Heads in the gutters today ladies??

Airedalekisses
07-19-2003, 10:48 PM
All set you adopt Kate, then I realized-my vet bills would be enormous with that tongue-the price of tongue braces has realllly gone up, and just think of the dry cleaning expenses! I know one shouldn't put a price on a wagging tail;but......:D Thanks for the laugh Kate-hey all of us are in the gutter but we're looking at the stars.

RICHARD
07-21-2003, 11:57 AM
and i thought they took my forty dollars and rode off.....


do you know how long it took me to set that up?
;)

iceyshiver21
07-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
All set you adopt Kate, then I realized-my vet bills would be enormous with that tongue-the price of tongue braces has realllly gone up, and just think of the dry cleaning expenses! I know one shouldn't put a price on a wagging tail;but......:D Thanks for the laugh Kate-hey all of us are in the gutter but we're looking at the stars.
LOL!!! Hahaha!! I was laughing so hard as I read it. :D lol. The stars are pretty arn't they?!?!?!

RICHARD
07-21-2003, 07:38 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pb672e3bc4eb44e2a81967a5b13a2c462/fb9c5421.jpg

FROM THE MSNBC SITE......

Perseverance
Gerolsteiner team rider Rene Haselbacher rides to the finish line after crashing earlier in the third stage, between Charleville-Mezieres and Saint Dizier.

iceyshiver21
07-21-2003, 07:48 PM
HA!!! WOW!! **hold on gotta catch my breath**
Ok, I'm innocently sitting at the computor listing to Toby Keith- the list, and I look to see that...umm...interstingly hilarious picture you shared with us, and burst out laughing SO hard that I choked on my own spit. I've heard pettalk was dangerously addictive...but dangerous...

RICHARD
07-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
*
Ok, I'm innocently sitting at the computor listing to Toby Keith-


yes, Mr. Keith is kinda funny!

slick
07-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pb672e3bc4eb44e2a81967a5b13a2c462/fb9c5421.jpg

FROM THE MSNBC SITE......

Perseverance
Gerolsteiner team rider Rene Haselbacher rides to the finish line after crashing earlier in the third stage, between Charleville-Mezieres and Saint Dizier.

Well at least he wasn't "pulling up the rear".....

Bummer.......

RICHARD
07-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well at least he wasn't "pulling up the rear".....

Bummer.......


i bet he is the BUTT of quite a few jokes.

slick
07-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
i bet he is the BUTT of quite a few jokes.
Yeah and I hope he's not "anal" about it....

Airedalekisses
07-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Yes; butt, the jokes can be quite asinine:D

slick
07-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
Yes; butt, the jokes can be quite asinine:D
:D :D You crack me up!!!!

RICHARD
07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D You crack me up!!!!



Such a bunch of CHEEKY sods!!!!;)

Aspen and Misty
07-27-2003, 10:54 PM
LMAO!!!

I just foudn this thread again!

I knew you had to of had Something to do with it Richard! I figured you were somewhere laughing at me as I sat there laughing at them. LOL

Ash!

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
LMAO!!!

I just foudn this thread again!

I knew you had to of had Something to do with it Richard! I figured you were somewhere laughing at me as I sat there laughing at them. LOL

Ash!

i'll never pass up the chance to pull a joke on anyone!

oh, the best part about bike shorts is that you will be seeing Lance Armstrong ALL OVER THE place
for the next few months...

:p

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
i'll never pass up the chance to pull a joke on anyone!

oh, the best part about bike shorts is that you will be seeing Lance Armstrong ALL OVER THE place
for the next few months...

:p

My wish finally came true!!!!!


Ash :D

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 01:06 PM
don't thank me!

remember, Lance is the one that had to ride his bike for 2,100
miles in those silly shorts....

but, if you get a chance, read his story.


about 5 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer, he was told that there was nothing the doctors could do for him.

on one of his x-rays the doctors saw tumors, in his lungs, the size
of tennis balls. His cancer went into remission and he went on to win the TDF-- that was 5 races and something like 10,000 miles (not counting all the training he did) ago.


a really great story!!!!

catland
07-28-2003, 01:50 PM
This past weekend I attended Garibaldi Days - a small town festival on the Oregon Coast. One of the entries in the local parade were the Astoria Clowns - a group of crazy clowns that dress up in thrift store type clown attire (and you can meet up with them in the beer garden after the parade). One clown plays the calliope while several of them are on various mangled bicycles. One bicycle has a roller-skate for a front tire, another has messed up axles so that the clown bobs up and down - you get the idea...

Anyway, one of the clowns was wearing what could only be described as a baggier version of (drum roll please...)

BIKE SHORTS


:D :D :D

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by catland


Anyway, one of the clowns was wearing what could only be described as a baggier version of (drum roll please...)

BIKE SHORTS


:D :D :D


I LOVE IT!!!

the summer of '03-

the mini cooper
kate hepburn
low rider jeans
saddam's kids
kobe bryant

and

clowns in bike shorts!

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 02:47 PM
LOL.

That is a good story Richard, poor man though, he still has to wear the bike shorts

Ash

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I LOVE IT!!!

the summer of '03-

the mini cooper


Oh, how I HATE those cars!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see bike shorts!!!:p :p :p

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Oh, how I HATE those cars!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see bike shorts!!!:p :p :p



lol.......so do i!!!!!!

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Richard, I bet there's not someone in your area who drives a silver one, with a British flag painted on the top, and a license plate that reads "YEH BABY!!""

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Richard, I bet there's not someone in your area who drives a silver one, with a British flag painted on the top, and a license plate that reads "YEH BABY!!""

this is southern california.......
there is one out there......and i will see it by the end of the week, trust me!!!!lololol