PDA

View Full Version : Florida Pet Talk Meeting?



Kfamr
07-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Ok - There's nothing for sure yet.

I would love to have a meeting down here my way. We have a Dog Park and Dog Beach within 5 mins each where I live.

Not many people live down this way, would any of you be willing to drive here? Fly? Train? Walk? lmao.. Anyway you can get here.

It would be neat to bring all of the Pet Talk pups to the dog beach. It does cost 4 dollars or something to get in, Since i think the dog park is located in a state park. It's also a bit of a walk to get to the actually dog area of the beach.

If anyone is willing to come, We can make a date and plans for sure.

CamCamPup33
07-17-2003, 05:44 PM
finally somewhere i can go :D im gonna talk to my mom about it.. lol she better say yes.. :) anyone willing.. hehe walk... lol...

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh, I would LOVE to go, its about a weeks driving from here to there.....ill talk to my mom..lol :D

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Anyone up for it? Come on!! We drove to OHIO!! :p :p :p

CamCamPup33
07-17-2003, 06:39 PM
LOL:D

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I WANT to go, but its like a weeks driving, I dont think my parents are up to it....:p

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Lol, It's not weeks... it's more like a few days. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
07-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Really? only a few days? must...convince...parents! :D

anna_66
07-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Anyone up for it? Come on!! We drove to OHIO!! :p :p :p

Way to make us all feel guilty KayAnn;) J/K!

popcornbird
07-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Really? only a few days? must...convince...parents! :D

California to Florida is definitely a week away. Its like 6-7 hours by plane. That's FAR! :eek::eek: I wouldn't ever want to drive that long. Much too tiring. :p Maybe ask your parents about a plane trip? ;) If they're up for the road trip, go for it, but personally, that's not something I would do.

Crikit
07-17-2003, 08:40 PM
You know I would love to KayAnn but well there's just no way I can get to Florida...after all I couldn't get to Ohio. One day maybe.

mugsy
07-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Ok, KayAnn, let's think about this....20 dogs, 1000 miles, 1 minivan, does not equal a very likely scenario!! lol Not only that, ask your dad about my opinion of Florida.....he laughed at me.

primabella
07-17-2003, 09:17 PM
My dad drove 2 days to Florida. He wanted to go again this year (would be around this time too) but because of Mick we can't. We don't wnana leave him his first year with us. Okay anyway enough about that...have fun. hehe :)

Kfamr
07-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Way to make us all feel guilty KayAnn;) J/K!

It's what i was trying to do! J/K


Come on people. Driving isn't all that bad. You can always stop and rest!! :( :(

slleipnir
07-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Wee. I'd drive down if I had a car :p

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2003, 10:18 PM
I would consider it but my dad won't. I guess your dad is better then mine :p LOL

Ash

Cincy'sMom
07-18-2003, 12:11 AM
We'll be in Fl the 26th-Aug 3rd, but on the wrong side of the state :(

My parents are considering moving down there ( again, wrong side of the state), but maybe sometime :)

aly
07-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
California to Florida is definitely a week away. Its like 6-7 hours by plane. That's FAR! :eek::eek: I wouldn't ever want to drive that long. Much too tiring. :p Maybe ask your parents about a plane trip? ;) If they're up for the road trip, go for it, but personally, that's not something I would do.

My ex-boyfriend drove from Florida to California in two days. He was stupid about it and didn't really sleep much :mad: so I think it'd take a normal person just about 3 days or less .. maybe 2 and a half.

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by aly
My ex-boyfriend drove from Florida to California in two days. He was stupid about it and didn't really sleep much :mad: so I think it'd take a normal person just about 3 days or less .. maybe 2 and a half.

:eek::eek::eek:
2 days!!!!! Was he going like 100mph the whole way? LOL

My uncle actually drove from California to Chicago in 3 days several years ago, without much rest. Only stayed in a hotel for 2 of the nights, and drove through the 3rd night. Guess he was driving speed limit. :confused: I know that for every 2 hours by plane, it takes us 1 1/2 - 2 days to travel that distance by car. Since Florida is 6-7 hours from California by plane, I was assuming it would take a normal driver with night breaks at least 5-7 days +/-. :confused:

Also, my dad has driven from CA to Vancouver BC is 2 days a looong time ago, and that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY closer than Florida, so I believe 2 days from CA to Florida is close to impossible! :eek::eek:

aly
07-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Hmm... California is big so it depends on WHERE in Cali. He drove from northern Florida to his marine base near San Diego in 2 days.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
I cant go...my dads not up to the trip, plus its kinda far away.:p Have fun!

P.S. Im in Southern California, lol. ;)

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by aly
Hmm... California is big so it depends on WHERE in Cali. He drove from northern Florida to his marine base near San Diego in 2 days.

Its not so big it would make a difference of days! :eek: Plus, its not going north or south. Its going east, so it wouldn't be more than the difference of a few hours. :p lol

Kfamr
07-18-2003, 05:02 AM
Being in Northern California you'd have to go east and then south, which may take longer. Going from southern would take less. Which on yahoo maps, i selected a location in southern cali and it said it would take 42 hours to go from there to Palm Harbor, Florida.

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 05:07 AM
42 hours? Hmm..........That would probably take several days for an average person who would rest every 10 hours or so. Maybe somewhere between 3-6 days depending on the driver. :confused:

zanzanfergie
07-18-2003, 05:22 AM
I'd go, if I had a car...that was a boat.

I'd fly if I had any money at all, too. ;)

Hope you can arrange something Kay Ann. BTW, I love your new sig...so gorgeous!

Kfamr
07-18-2003, 05:51 AM
42 hours isn't really alot, Even when stopping to rest.

My father and I drove from Michigan to Florida within a day give or take a few hours even with stopping and resting.


Anyways, who really cares. This thread was not made for discussing distances and how long it takes to go from one place to another. It's for people who would like to come or may make plans to come.

Kfamr
07-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie


Hope you can arrange something Kay Ann. BTW, I love your new sig...so gorgeous!


Thanks! I hope I can arrange something too.

popcornbird
07-19-2003, 04:57 AM
Yeah you're right. Let's forget about the distance calculations. LOL I hope some of you will be able to go and have fun. At least the Floridans should be able to go, and I know there are several here. If you can arrange something, I wish you all a wonderful time! :)

CamCamPup33
07-19-2003, 07:08 PM
lol im in palm harbor now.. lol i didnt know that was where we were going.. lol.. kayann knows where i am :D

Kfamr
07-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Lol yeah.... I know exactly where it is now.. It is in palm harbor.

You're right by lake tarpon. :)

CamCamPup33
07-20-2003, 01:02 PM
:( gosh my parents shoulda let me stay for a another day.. i didnt get to see nala or simba or kayann. :(

Kfamr
07-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Maybe if we do set something up, You can ask mom to drive ya over here. :)

CamCamPup33
07-20-2003, 03:07 PM
ask?!?!? lol.. no no i will beg... and then if that doesnt work i will drive myself :rolleyes:

Fox-Gal
07-20-2003, 07:11 PM
I'm in Florida, about 2 hours from Tampa. I don't think your that much father away, maybe 1/2 hour above Tampa....Right? If it works out let me know. I see no reason why I can't drive up that way.

Hard part will be picking which dog to bring. :confused: I can bring 1 of the larger dogs or 2 little dogs. Thats all my car can fit. Time like this I miss my SUV....;)

Well pm me if it works out.

Kfamr
07-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey Fox-Gal! (sorry, I don't know your real name :o )

I'm about 15 mins or so from Tampa. We can plan something. Which would you rather go to?

Park or Beach?

The beach we could pack a cooler and I could make sandwhiches or something.

Which would be a good day for you?

Fox-Gal
07-21-2003, 02:28 AM
If it was up to me I say the beach.....but now the dogs would be better at the park. Sand and them don't do well toghter. I can see it now sand, water, dogs = a long, wet, sandy, smelly ride home. :eek: :eek:

I would like the beach though.....don't get there that offen, living in the middle of the state. :( :( So I'm going to leave it up to you, what ever you like better.

Everyone calls me Libby, by the way.

The only day I know I can't do anything is Aug. 23.....birthday, any other day is good for me. I'm easy to get along with on that.

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Ok, I'll have to talk to Lauren (BluStang24) and See what she wants to do. Hopefully it can be sometimes this month since school is starting soon ( i think )

The beach would be nice.. Nala loved it last time we went.

You could always come back to my place and give the pups a wash with our hose. (or maybe I could. :p)

I can't do anything Mondays or Tuesdays 9am-2pm because I baby sit. ( I would bring him with me but I don't think I could handle 2 mutts and a 4 year old at the beach/park. )

Maybe this Saturday or Sunday?

Like I said I'll have to talk to Lauren, She'll probably be driving me.


CAMI ~ Do you think you and your mommy would be able to make it then?

Maybe we could make this a monthly or every other month thing.:)

If Imagestation was working I'd show you pictures of our Dog Park and our Dog Beach.

The beach is real beautiful. I think it's better than the human part of the beach.

Libby, Where in Fl are you at? It sounds like somewhere around Lakeland? I'm probably wrong though lol.

Fox-Gal
07-21-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Ok,
You could always come back to my place and give the pups a wash with our hose. (or maybe I could. :p)

Maybe this Saturday or Sunday?

Libby, Where in Fl are you at? It sounds like somewhere around Lakeland? I'm probably wrong though lol.


Thanks for the offer of the wash off of my babbies. I'm sure that will work fine.....better then me getting home and having to clean dogs and a car. lol

Woops, I guess I should have said not this weekend also.....husband birthday is Tuesday and we are having a pool party on Sat for him.

Your not to far off when you said Lakekand.....little below there Sebring. If you even heard of it...most people have no idea where it's at, inless there into racing. The only thing the towns known for is the Sebring race track. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That and Cows. LOL

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Ok, I'll have to talk to Lauren (BluStang24) and See what she wants to do. Hopefully it can be sometimes this month since school is starting soon ( i think )

The beach would be nice.. Nala loved it last time we went.

You could always come back to my place and give the pups a wash with our hose. (or maybe I could. :p)

I can't do anything Mondays or Tuesdays 9am-2pm because I baby sit. ( I would bring him with me but I don't think I could handle 2 mutts and a 4 year old at the beach/park. )

Maybe this Saturday or Sunday?

Like I said I'll have to talk to Lauren, She'll probably be driving me.


CAMI ~ Do you think you and your mommy would be able to make it then?

Maybe we could make this a monthly or every other month thing.:)

If Imagestation was working I'd show you pictures of our Dog Park and our Dog Beach.

The beach is real beautiful. I think it's better than the human part of the beach.

Libby, Where in Fl are you at? It sounds like somewhere around Lakeland? I'm probably wrong though lol.

wonder if she will go for just coming back and then up again?? :p hmmm...