PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clot-My Fault???

Q.T.
07-10-2003, 03:34 PM
As I said in a my other thread my cat Snowball died of a blood clot and was loking for info then I found a website that said that if we had caut it earler he could have lived 3 more years I cant help but think its all my fault:(

slick
07-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it. Grieve then move on. What are the signs and symptoms of a blood clot in a kitty anyway? To be honest I wouldn't catch it either. Sorry I did not respond to your other thread but I've never had to deal with that sort of thing and could offer no advice. Perhaps you could post the website you found as it might be helpful to other PT'ers. Thanks.

Prairie Purrs
07-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Even people often have no idea that they've got a blood clot--David Bloom, the NBC news reporter, is a recent sad example. And kitties so often seem to have nothing wrong at all until they're suddenly really ill. I doubt there was any way you could have known that Snowball had a problem.

Q.T.
07-10-2003, 06:43 PM
The signs are not eating as much. We didnt catch them because his food was in the basement:(

rg_girlca
07-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Please Emily, it was NOT your fault. Don't get yourself all depressed thinking it was cause it wasn't. Blood clots are so unpredictable. I can relate to your loss as many others here can also. The best thing to do is cherish the memories you have of your precious Snowball.
Perhaps is you get yourself another kitty it might help ease the pain. I know it helped me.

Take care and I wish you all the best.

Rest in Peace sweet Snowball.