PDA

View Full Version : A story to make you mad, cry, and happy

Dixie Belle
10-25-2001, 08:58 AM
My husband came inside from getting the paper yesterday morning, and told me to come with him. He took me to the end of our driveway and pointed. There, at the bottem of the hill, were two puppies, running back and forth across the road. My husband looks at me and says, "I think we need to check this out" So, we grabbed some doggie biscuits and went down there. Ya'll, someone must have dumped these little guys out. They look like black bloodhounds. And they were starving. They were scared to death of us, but when they realized that we had food, they got so excited. They were so hungry that they threw the food, more than they ate it. I almost broke down crying watching them. They looked so bad. My husband was able to get hold of the boy, and the girl freaked out. She would not let me touch her. My husband turned around and knelt down so she could see the boy, and she went up to him. He was able to hold her so that I could get her. We carried them back to the house. We poured out food, and they tore it up. The we gave them some water. By the end of the day, they were running to us when we called them, and are letting us pet them.

We know we can't really afford it, but are thinking about keeping them. They can't be seperated. They have been through too much, and we really don't think that they can handle it. Plus, they have gotten so comfortable with us. Our hearts are telling us to keep them. I have a feeling they are going to win.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-25-2001, 09:14 AM
Oh Dixie, please, please, please keep them. I would know they would have a good home. Aren't bloodhounds hunting dogs????? How can anyone do that to little puppies, that is so pitiful, thank goodness your husband saw them in time. That makes me sad that people could do things like that. Please, Please, Please. :(
Jackie

10-25-2001, 09:18 AM
I know you already have a houseful BUT KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM KEEP THEM!!!!! I don't really thing you need that much persuasion though. How lucky you and the dogs were to find each other.... they were found at your house for a reason - God knows you will make the perfect parents for them :D!

So, you are right - I am mad, then I wanted to cry and NOW I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! Good luck and get pictures!!!!! We need to add them to the site with Blue, Justin, Belle and Mama!

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-25-2001, 09:27 AM
Oh, What a story! I am glad your husband found them in time. I would hate to think what could have become of those cute little babies!

You are both great people for helping these pups. I am sure they will be great dogs. Blood hound puppies! I would give anything to see pictures. Pictures, please?!

Keep them. But then again, you know what you can handle.

Contact the Humane Society in your area. I know the one in our county can give owners a good deal on neutering and spaying. It's worth a shot.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Logan
10-25-2001, 09:47 AM
Dixie Belle, I think your "VACANCY" sign must be even brighter than mine!!! :D You and your husband are so dear to take in those puppies. I'll be you could find a home for them, but yours if probably the best one! :D

purrley
10-25-2001, 09:59 AM
So wonderful that you rescued those puppies and I know what ever you decide, keep them or find loving homes it will all be in the best interest of these little guys.

Dixieland Dancer
10-25-2001, 11:19 AM
God works in mysterious ways and those puppies did not happen along just by coincedence. You were meant to keep them. :D Send us pictures soon and let us know how they are doing.

Do they have names yet?

mugsy
10-25-2001, 01:01 PM
You will know in your heart whether or not to keep them. If they were meant the be there you will find a way to afford them. That's what Mike and I decided about the 2 we inherited last weekend. They sound adorable. I agree, we want pictures.

aly
10-25-2001, 01:03 PM
If you are able to financially care for the properly, KEEP THEM! But if its going to put a strain on you or your other babies, I'm sure you could find them a loving home. Only you know what you can handle and we'll support whatever decision you make cause we know it'll be best for the pups. Good luck :)

Dixie Belle
10-25-2001, 01:31 PM
Honest truth everyone, we already built a pin for them!!!

10-25-2001, 01:40 PM
Aly your response was so true and so nice. I thought of the same thing - but, I knew Cheryl would keep them. There is no way she could have turned them away.

Cheryl, good luck with them and I can't wait to see the pics. I hope they all get along with the rest of your clan :D!

Dixie Belle
10-25-2001, 02:26 PM
Angel, I will send you some pictures, once we get some meat on the little guys. Right now you can look at them and count every rib that they have.

So far, Belle could care less about them. Mama Dog is not to happy. We ended up having to put her in the pin with Belle.

It is just werid, walking around and looking at the group we have. Picture it:
Belle, a full-grown St. Bernard.
Mama Dog, a black mutt about 18 inches tall
Then there is Sweet&Sour (some names, huh?) pups that are 15 inches tall, and no where near full grown. We are guessing that they are about 3 months old.
And then little Prince, a pure-bred MUTT!! Some people think that he is part Rott. Some think he is a black and tan. He is only 7 inches tall!! He is about 4 weeks old. We are guessing that he might be about 16 to 21 inches when he is grown.

Needless to say, Beautiful (the cat) is not happy. And Otto (the ferret) doesn't even realize that all these changes have happened.

In a way, we are kinda glad that Blue, Justin, and Jewel doesn't live with us. Could you imange what it would be like around here then? My nephew told me a while back that I only needed about one or two more pets and I would have a zoo. Well, we gained THREE!!!

I wish all of you could meet Sweet&Sour. They are heartbreakingly precious!!!

Logan
10-25-2001, 02:35 PM
Awwwwwwwww..... Sweet and Sour, I love the names, Cheryl. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing a home for those hungry, thirsty, loving babies. :D

tatsxxx11
10-25-2001, 03:53 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, bless your dog loving heart! A pen already! I'm sorry Cheryl, it's OFFICIAL! Around here, we have major ASPCA one week events each year where mobile spay/neuter, vacc.s, and even microchipping are all free! No questions asked! Thank you so much!!!!!! Love and hugs and kisses to Sweet and Sour, you're Pet Talk family now!!!! :)

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Daisy's Mom
10-25-2001, 04:04 PM
YAAAAAY! I am so glad Sweet and Sour found a happy, loving home! How anyone could just toss out sweet little puppies is beyond me, but at least they are safe now.

delidog
10-25-2001, 06:59 PM
o.k. you have named the...therefore you own them!!!!good luck with the puppies!!!! if you need help or advice let me know.....the deli dog

Sudilar
10-25-2001, 07:45 PM
Sounds like fate to me! Bless you for saving them. They sound adorable. Good luck!

Sue

zippy-kat
10-25-2001, 08:03 PM
hmmm...I think this constitutes some more puppy pictures! lol ;)