PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays Viii



catland
06-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Time again to plan for tomorrow. We need DOTD ideas. We're having another heat wave here in Portland - tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 90's (36c), so maybe something that requires ice and a blender?

babolaypo65
06-25-2003, 01:27 PM
It's starting to get hot here too. In the 90s. We had a huge brush fire IN town yesterday. They had to evacuate 1000 people.

I agree with the suggestion of something requiring ice and a blender. Frozen margaritas maybe?

RICHARD
06-25-2003, 01:42 PM
margaritas.....

let's see.....

regular, peach, banana, strawberry......

wolflady
06-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Oh! Strawberry blended sounds good! ;) It's actually gotten quite warm here in northern Cali the past few days, so a nice cold drink sounds fabulous. (perhaps you can bring some strawberry mix for our BBQ in July, Richard! I can't wait to meet you! ;) LOL)

Bottoms up! :D

slick
06-25-2003, 04:51 PM
OOOOO can hardly wait for tomorrow. I've missed the last 2 Thursdays. Getting parched already just thinking about it. Any cider available??

Cincy'sMom
06-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
margaritas.....

let's see.....

regular, peach, banana, strawberry......

Sounds good...I'll take one of each :p

catland
06-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Sounds good...I'll take one of each :p

whoa - I'll bring the excedrin.:eek:

Miss Meow
06-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Geeze, it's only 7.30 on Thursday morning here - I love an early opener!!! :)

I'm freezing my tail off so maybe a nice warming something with vodka, then a strawberry margarita :)

RICHARD
06-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow


I'm freezing my tail off so maybe a nice warming something with vodka, then a strawberry margarita :)

Vampire

1 1/4 oz. Vodka, 3/4 oz. Chambord, Splash of Cranberry juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a Rocks glass

(something with juice in it.....breakfast, ya know!!!!!!)


Happy Thursday!!!



done!

Miss Meow
06-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Yum, that'll put a tingle on the old taste buds! :)

captain
06-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Ditto Miss Meow's request for me please..... :D

3 degrees this morning when I was walking to the train station ..... butt frozen, nose missing ........ alchohol WILL fix ...:)

Vio&Juni
06-26-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Vampire

1 1/4 oz. Vodka, 3/4 oz. Chambord, Splash of Cranberry juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a Rocks glass

(something with juice in it.....breakfast, ya know!!!!!!)


Happy Thursday!!!



done!

I'll have one too. It's Thursday afternoon here :)

lbaker
06-26-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm going to play Stump the Bartender. Richard, howsabout a Jack Rose? hint, it has no Jack Daniels in it. I'll have a regular margarita while I'm waiting.
Laurie

slick
06-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Good morning everyone (9:30am over here). Let's get this day started off right. A Hurricane please!

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I'm going to play Stump the Bartender. Richard, howsabout a Jack Rose? hint, it has no Jack Daniels in it. I'll have a regular margarita while I'm waiting.
Laurie


Jack Rose

1 1/2 oz. Apple Brandy, Splash of Lime juice, Dash of Grenadine

Shake with ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass

;)


HAPPy THURSDAY EVERYONE




DONE!!

Cheshirekatt
06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Hmmmmm......

Long island iced tea, please..... :)

iceyshiver21
06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Well this week sure has been an intersesting one here at pettalk..hmmmm..its about 80 here and my parents instist on turning the air conditioner really really low!! lets just say im in a sweat shirt and sleeping bag. Could i get some h-h-hot cho-choco, this week?

catland
06-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Its another beautiful, hot sunny day here in the rose city. A strawberry daquiri would be wonderful. Especially if it has one of those little umbrellas.:)

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE:D

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 01:04 PM
ck, ice and cat....


DONE!


106 in the valley (just north of LA) this afternoon!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2003, 01:06 PM
I'd like my usual cherry vanilla coke and nachoes please!!!!!

Finally cooler here after a week of temps in the 90s and heat index over 100. It's now a lovely 73 and I'm enjoying every bit of it. AHHHHHHHHH!:D

lizbud
06-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Happy Thursday to everyone......:D

I'd like a frosty mug of draft beer & some nachos and salsa
please. Thanks.

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Happy Thursday to everyone......:D

I'd like a frosty mug of draft beer & some nachos and salsa
please. Thanks.



liz..

what kind of beer???


lol
just south of here is a bar (never been there tho) that has about
100 different kinds of beer!!!!!

wouldn't that be a fun thursday???

iceyshiver21
06-26-2003, 02:16 PM
Do we have and Choco covered cherries or those Cadbery(sp?) eggs? those sound yummy....or wait what about andres mints..yummy!! :p :rolleyes: Im such a pig:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
06-26-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm chokin' on my own phlegm here --darn sinooze infection-- so I'll just have sumpin' fizzy...diet vanilla coke?

Yesterday was my 3rd year at pet talk!:eek:

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I'm chokin' on my own phlegm here --darn sinooze infection-- so I'll just have sumpin' fizzy...diet vanilla coke?

Yesterday was my 3rd year at pet talk!:eek:

ice..

chocolate for you!

zip,

congrats!!!!

(why are men so stupid about anniversaries?)


VC for you!!!

DONE!!

cheers!

slick
06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Lunchtime here now and very hot outside. I'll take a Peach Cider in a frosted glass and for the appie I'll have some zucchini sticks with honey-mustard sauce. Please and thank you.

lizbud
06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]liz..

what kind of beer???



Richard,

St Pauli Girl if you have it.

GRACIAS... :D

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 04:11 PM
slick...

peach cider, mmmmmmmm

zucchini sticks/h.m. sauce......


liz....


st.pauli....

por nada, senorita!

DONE!

wolfsoul
06-26-2003, 04:27 PM
I'll have a virgin shirley temple

...maybe with one of those little umbrellas in it...

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by catland
whoa - I'll bring the excedrin.:eek:

Now, now, there are 24 hours to thursday...I just have to space them out...once with happy hour in each time zone :p

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 05:05 PM
a virgin temple and an hourly batch of margarita's
rotating flavors of course!!

Cheshirekatt
06-26-2003, 05:09 PM
I think I'll have a long beach with lemon this time....

:D

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
I think I'll have a long beach with lemon this time....

:D


DONE!

babolaypo65
06-26-2003, 05:23 PM
It's been another longgg week. I'll take what ever's closest to being ready.

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
It's been another longgg week. I'll take what ever's closest to being ready.

MARGARITAS!!!


DONE!

babolaypo65
06-26-2003, 05:53 PM
yummy! thanks!

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 06:01 PM
:)

KYS
06-26-2003, 07:28 PM
It's hot our way too. In the 90's I think which
actually is not bad when it will probably
will hit 3 digites sometime this summer.
I could use a cool Strawberry blended right now too.

Thank goodness tomarrow is Friday. :0 )

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by KYS
It's hot our way too. In the 90's I think which
actually is not bad when it will probably
will hit 3 digites sometime this summer.
I could use a cool Strawberry blended right now too.

Thank goodness tomarrow is Friday. :0 )


DONE....and saturday, vacation begins!!

lizbud
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Richard,

Who's vacation ? and bring a batch of those margaritas on
up to Indy. We've got a Jimmy Buffet concert here tonight.:D

RICHARD
06-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Richard,

Who's vacation ? and bring a batch of those margaritas on
up to Indy. We've got a Jimmy Buffet concert here tonight.:D


my vacation!!! i need one!

DONE.....where are we sitting????lol;)

slick
06-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey I love Jimmy Buffet.......Well another Thursday come and gone. Richard thanks for the goodies. I'm heading out into the hot cruel world now for my long drive home. Take care guys.

lizbud
06-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Slick,

Take care & have a good evening,:D


Richard,


my vacation!!! i need one!

DONE.....where are we sitting????lol

Anywhere you want. It's an outdoor concert(on the grass)
bring your own lawnchair.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
DONE....and saturday, vacation begins!! VACATION! Does that mean the bar will be closed next Thursday?
Have a good time!:eek: :D

lbaker
06-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Have a wonderful, restful time Richard.... and let someone else mix and serve YOU some drinks ;)
Laurie

RICHARD
06-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Have a wonderful, restful time Richard.... and let someone else mix and serve YOU some drinks ;)
Laurie

actually i looked at my desk and decided to postphone vacation for one more week.....(pssst, i get an extra day for the fourth of july and a four day work week if i wait.......)


patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
actually i looked at my desk and decided to postphone vacation for one more week.....(pssst, i get an extra day for the fourth of july and a four day work week if i wait.......)


patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue
patience is a virtue!
??????????? The 4th is next Friday so next week is a 4 day work week for most people. So if you work all next week do you have to work the 4th? Don't want you to miss any time off. I know how everyone needs their breaks!!!!! :cool:

RICHARD
06-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
??????????? The 4th is next Friday so next week is a 4 day work week for most people. So if you work all next week do you have to work the 4th? Don't want you to miss any time off. I know how everyone needs their breaks!!!!! :cool:


no, i get one extra day because of the 4th;)

i did take this past monday off to goof off......
so.......two 4 day work weeks in a row....
i can live with that!:cool:

plus it give me time to think about what i'm gonna do!!

slick
06-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Well at least your July 4th falls on a Friday to make it long weekend. Our Canada Day is on Tuesday next week so it really breaks up the week. Oh well....be thankful for small mercies.

lizbud
06-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Slick,

What is Canada day ? Is it similar to our Independance day?

KYS
06-27-2003, 11:50 PM
posted by RICHARD: ilooked at my desk and decided to postphone vacation for one more week.....(pssst, i get an extra day for the fourth of july and a four day work week if i wait.......)>>

Sounds like a plan. I always try to work my vacation around
a legal holiday.
Well, have you decided what you are going to do for your
vacation, or are you still thinking?
Not much time left to decide.
Thank you for the drink. :)

mugsy
06-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Sorry I missed the party yesterday. I've been so busy getting the shelter set up among other adminstrative stuff and going to pick up dogs, yada yada yada, I missed it! May I order one late? A diet A&W rootbeer in a frosty mug with nachos and cheese....I changed my mind....a big tub of buttered movie popcorn from RAVE! lol

RICHARD
06-28-2003, 11:39 AM
done...better late then never?

mugsy
06-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks Richard! It's nice to see you have forgiven me!;) :p <eg>

gini
06-28-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD



lol
just south of here is a bar (never been there tho) that has about
100 different kinds of beer!!!!!

wouldn't that be a fun thursday???

Richard, I know the bar you are talking about. I have been there, but I usually don't like beer. However, my nephew was wild about the place. (good food too).

And these visiting relatives (even though I love them), sure make a mess for me on Thursdays. I keep missing the parties.