PDA

View Full Version : Hayley is hurt!

HayleyRosie
06-16-2003, 07:24 AM
On saturday night Hayley was hit by a falling table or lamp. We are not exactly sure what happened because Hayley and Mandy were down stairs in the family room. When we heard the loud crash we ran to the stairs and Hayley was already up to the top. I went down and discovered a decorator table and lamp had been tipped over. When I went back upstairs I noticed Hayley was keeping her front right paw up and she was not walking on it. We kept an eye on her all saturday night including me getting up at 2:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. for me to check on her. On sunday morning she was no better so we took her to the emergency vet about 30min away (a very costly fee applied). The vet told us that it was not her leg but something to do with the small bones in her paw. Dr. Speer thinks one of the small bones is fractured or broken. I have to take her in again this afternoon for x-rays. She is able to get around the house by hopping on three legs. She ever manages to jump onto the kitchen counter. Right now she is taking medication for the swelling and pain so she is not feeling too bad. I will post what the vet says about her x-ray's later today or tomorrow. Please pray it is just brused and not broken or fractured.

lynnestankard
06-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Poor Hayley

Hope this furlady isn't too badly hurt and only bruised - don't they get into some scraps? She's in my thoughts and prayers - {{{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Lynne

Uabassoon
06-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Poor Hayley :( I hope it's nothing too serious and that your paw feels better soon.

PayItForward
06-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Thinking of you Hayley. :(

Hope you haven't broken your leg.

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Poor Hayley! I'm sending my best wishes for a good result from the X-rays. Please let us know when you have an update.

jenluckenbach
06-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Give her little foot a kiss from me.

Why couldn't they x-ray it on that first visit?

Hope she feels better SOON.

ScantyNebula
06-16-2003, 09:59 AM
OHH Haley! Toby and I are crossing our paws and fingers, hoping that your little pawsie is only bruised! Hang in there, Get well soon!

ramanth
06-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh Hayley!! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself. :(

*hugs*

I hope it's just bruised and not broken... but either way, I do hope you have a quick recovery.

emily_the_spoiled
06-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Hayley I hope that you just bruised your paw. I am sure that it will be better real soon.

If you did break it, don't hit Mandy with your new cast ...

We will keep our fingers and paws crossed that everything will be just fine.

Cheryl, Emily, and Tanner

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Haley, sweetie, what an owie you have! The cat boys all have their paws crossed for your quick recovery. I have sent a prayer winging it's way to the Big Guy too.

HayleyRosie
06-16-2003, 01:15 PM
I just got back from the vet office and her foot is not broken. So after an emergency trip to the vet on sunday, two x-rays and $260.00 later I have confirmation that Hayley will be fine in a couple of days. She was worth every penny of it! She will be walking on three legs only for a couple of days until the bruses are healed. So no running and tipping tables over for a while. Thank you all so much for your hugs and well wishes.

jenluckenbach
06-16-2003, 01:23 PM
What a relief. I am glad Haley is OK.

emily_the_spoiled
06-16-2003, 01:50 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am very happy that she is going to be just fine and it was only bruising.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Good news indeed!
Pst, Haley, the cat boys say you should hold your poor hurt paw up and meow pitifully. Thay may get you extra attention and treats.

Uabassoon
06-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Hayley is ok! I hope she feels better soon and gets back to walking on all fours soon.

ChrisH
06-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Sorry, I only just read this :o but I am so pleased to hear that Hayleys hurt did turn out to be bruises not breaks!:) Please give her a kiss from me.

lynnestankard
06-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Great News Hayley!! So pleased you've only got a little owie bruisey paw - kissy kissy xxx. Fingers crossed for a very quick recovery.

Lynne

neko1
06-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I am so sorry sweet Hayley that I just read this, but my meowmie has been at work all day!!!
I hope you are feeling better, I wish I could be there to give you nosekissies. But don't worry, my toe was fractured when I was a kitten. I wore a cast for awhile and hobbled around on 3 legs, but I was fine and you will be too.:)

I'm always thinking of you,
love,
Tama

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pbf3bdf06ea33028949937e26cb978dc3/fc80cfaa.jpg

marysmerrycats
06-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Im glad to know Hayley is going to be ok...poor kitty!

AmberLee
06-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Purrs and headbumpies to the adventurous Hayley. Hang in there, sweetheart.

>^._.^< Cassy and >^._.^< Livvy and :-D Meowmy

Steffi N
06-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Hayley, I am happy that your little pawsie is only bruised. Be careful, you little scamp. Pets and nosekissies for you.

Miss Meow
06-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Ouch! Hayley, leave the decorating to your hoomans and rest up :)

catland
06-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I've just now read this thread. I'm so glad that Haley is ok. Don't worry, you are definately not the first one here who's spent $$ on a vet visit only to find out everything is ok. Yes - it can be worth the money because there's always that "what if" that you would always regret if her paw was really broken.

Cataholic
06-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I am so sorry to see this now!!! But, thankful that Hayley is 'just' bruised. That can hurt nearly as much as a fx! Get better soon Hayley!!

Catsnclay
06-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear that Haley is doing fine! Those ER vets ARE costly but well worth it!

kimlovescats
06-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Poor Hayley .... Positive thoughts and prayers that your little pawsie will heal quickly!

HayleyRosie
06-17-2003, 07:51 AM
Just a little update. Hayley is still walking on only three legs. She does not seem to be in any pain. We are giving her extra treats and lots of scritchies so she may keep this up for quite a while after her paw is actually better. I have to call and talk to the vet again today and give her an update. She said if Hayley was still not walking on her paw she may need to give her more medication for the remainder of the week. Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes.

ramanth
06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Yay! I'm glad her foot is not broken. :)

You take it easy Hayley and get better real soon!

Russian Blue
06-17-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm so glad that Hayley was just bruised and nothing is broken.

Nakita used to fly through the house at break neck speeds bumping into anything and everything that would cross her path. I was terrified that she would throw herself down the stairs and break her neck!

Give Hayley some scritches from us!

;)

HayleyRosie
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM
The vet just phoned back and I have to pick up two more doses of medication for Hayley. The vet told me she has to take it two more times but now two days apart so after tonight she will not have to take it untill thursday and then again on saturday. I hope she is all better by then. I hate seeing her limping around.:(

Cinder & Smoke
06-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by HayleyRosie
"... We are giving her extra treats and lots of scritchies,
so she may keep this up for quite a while -
after her paw is actually better."

MAY?? keep this up for a while?? :p
Better *COUNT* On It!!

Dad sez the Shadow - hiz RB :( Husky/Shepherd, went fur a romp wun nite an came back *whimpurin* an carryin her back RIGHT paw.
Off to da White Coat inna mornin...
X-ray sed Busted Outside TOE! *Ouwie*!

She got it wrapped fur three weekz...
Hobbled round wiffa WOE is me Look da whole tyme -
as long as she thunk Dad wuz *watchin*.
But kuld run like a deer iffin she thunk no one wuz lookin :rolleyes:.

The Reel Test wuz aftur the wrappur came off...
Shadow kept :o furgettin :mad: WHICH wuz da *SORE Paw*!
She'd be skampurin round on all Fourz and spot Dad *watchin*...
Oopsie! Furgotz! Sore Paw! Gotta make dis Look Gud!
Need summore *sympathie*!

And *UP* would oftin come da :eek: WRONG Paw!
NUTZ! *Hate* when dat happinz!

She'd do a lil "jig" - dancin round wiff various pawz held up -
doin her best to member *which* one got the best reaction! :rolleyes:

:D

HayleyRosie
06-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Oh my! I really hope Hayley don't do that to us.

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2003, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry that I'm late in reading this thread but I'm very glad that Hayley's paw isn't broken and that she'll be just fine in a few days. :) Please take care Hayley and have a speedy recovery. :)

lynnestankard
06-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Oh Phred - really made me laugh - thanks :D :D

Hope Hayley is improving daily - still in my thoughts and prayers xx

Lynne

Barbara
06-18-2003, 07:49 AM
Poor Hayley girl, hope your footsie is better soon.

BTW I one day broke a bone in my hand -and didn't notice it until 3 weeks later -so it's not to easy to tell whether it is a sprain or something broken.

Nosekissies from Filou and Tigris who prefer to hurt the furniture and not their paws:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Oh no, Hayley you naw-tee little girl! You must not have read my post before I went on vacation telling all kitties to be good and not get hurt or sick! But I'm glad to hear it's nothing too serious and nothing was broken, just a bad bruise - owie! Hope your little footsie is all better soon, and you'll need to remember, it's the right front paw that's hurt so you can milk this for all it's worth like Shadow tried to do. ;) :D