PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my cat's eyes

KittyKat1421
06-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I have a cat who is a year and a half. She has always been in perfect health, and she stays either indoors or outdoors. Today when she came to us, I noticed that one of her pupils was dilated, while the other was not. And it's not just a slight difference between the two eyes, the difference in size is noticeable from a distance. This worries me, because I am starting to think that she might be blind from one of her eyes. I wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with something like this. Thanks.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Ive never has experience with this....TAKE HER TO THE VET ASAP!

KittyKat1421
06-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Do you think it is a serious health problem?

GoldenRetrLuver
06-14-2003, 06:32 PM
It could be, or something could be irritating her eye. I would take her to the vet.

BTW, Welcome to Pet Talk!

KittyKat1421
06-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Thank you very much for the friendly welcome! The thing with my two cats is, I don't have a vet for them. We only take them to the Humane Society every year to get their shots, and that's it. She isn't displaying any signs of pain or disorientation, so I am hoping that this will pass. I'm going to wait until Monday, and if her eyes remain the same, I'm going to look for a vet for her. Thank you very much for your help! It was appreciated! :)

neko1
06-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Yep I would also recommend seeing a vet. Please keep us posted

GoldenRetrLuver
06-14-2003, 06:59 PM
No Problem! Please keep us posted!:)

AmberLee
06-14-2003, 07:52 PM
:confused: :confused: :eek:

Okay, I haven't heard of this before in cats, but isn't this one of the indicators of concussion in humans? Could your cat (I didn't catch her name?) have fallen/ hit her head?

Concerned,
Amber Lee

P.S. Welcome to Pet Talk. Sorry it for a health concern like this.

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'd also take her to a vet. Hopefully it's nothing serious. Good luck and please keep us updated. BTW welcome to Pet Talk.

kimlovescats
06-14-2003, 10:55 PM
If she was outside, then she probably got scratched in the eye from another cat ... and her pupil will be like this from now on. I've seen this happen before! :(

slick
06-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You'll love it here. I've never heard of this either. Good luck at the vets. I hope it's nothing serious. Did I mention we love to see pictures??