PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I don't know how to post pictures here!

mugsy
10-21-2001, 09:37 PM
I got a photo CD that has pictures of 10 of the dogs on it, but I don't have a clue as to how to get them posted on here. Any suggestions?

kobieeli
10-21-2001, 09:51 PM
Ooops, Mugsy, I just berated you for not posting pics on the rescue thread you began--and now I know why! I'm sorry ;)

Sadly, I can't help you with your technical trubbles, since the hubby does mine for me while I remain blissfully ignorant... ;)

mugsy
10-21-2001, 11:49 PM
Gee Kobi, I just answered you on the rescue!! lol And I am like you, blissfully ingorant! hehehee. I'll try Spencer's directions...I'm really technologically challenged.

RachelJ
10-22-2001, 06:33 AM
Hurry up, I can't wait to see the whole crew.

mugsy
10-22-2001, 09:44 AM
Ok, mugsy is stupid. I went to webshots to upload the pictures and I can't figure out how to do it. When Mike gets home, I'll have him help me. Can you wait that long Rachel? hehehehe ;) :D ;)

RachelJ
10-22-2001, 10:33 AM
Oh, I suppose. :(

mugsy
10-22-2001, 03:30 PM
Ok, Rachel, I'm making progress, I got the pictures loaded on webshots. Now, I'm waiting for Mike to help me get them on here. Now understand, I don't have picture of Shawna (she's really camera shy) I think she's on the other CD that I will have on Friday. I also don't have any pictures of the 2 that we're fostering...I'm going to see if we can't get some of them really soon. I hope I can get them on today so as to not give you a heart attack! lol (I'm just kidding...I'm flattered that you want to see my babies)

Daisy's Mom
10-22-2001, 03:42 PM
I am dying to see all of your babies! I can't wait!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-22-2001, 08:13 PM
Me too, can't wait to see your family.
Jackie

RachelJ
10-23-2001, 07:19 AM
What's your name at Webshots? Those of us who are getting over eager can go there to look.

Logan
10-23-2001, 07:48 AM
Rachel is right, Mugsy. If you can give us your webshots address, we can help you get those pictures posted here, or we can just look at them there! :D

Hurry!!! :)

Stenograsaurus
10-23-2001, 08:20 AM
Just a warning, Mugsy. If I remember correctly, you can only post 8 pictures on a post so you will have to split the pictures up. I can't wait to see them!!!

mugsy
10-23-2001, 12:43 PM
Good idea. Here's the community page for webshots,until Mike finds time in his busy schedule (haha) to get them posted on here.
http://community.webshots.com/user/mugsy1961

there you go...all the dogs except Shawna and Tobey and Daisy. By Saturday I hope to have some more on here.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 01:06 PM
Mugsy, what a great family you have, I love them all, but I fell in love with Dudley.
This is so funny, the first photo I saw and my eyes aren't so good any more in small print and it said "Sox in the hall" and I thought it said "Sex in the hall" and I'm thinking what kind of photos is she posting. :D :D Am I stupid or what :D Great pictures, great family and I love them all.
Jackie

Phred
10-23-2001, 01:31 PM
Mugsy ~ You've done the hard part by getting the photos on WebShots. Now just

start a post here;
run over to WebShots;
click on the thumbnail to get the large photo;
RIGHT-Click the big photo;
Select and Click "Copy Image Location";
come back to your post on Pet Talk;
Click on the "IMAGE" button below the message block;
Point the arrow Inside the pop-up address block;
** RIGHT-click the mouse;
** a drop-down menue with a choice of "Paste" should appear;
Select and Right-click "PASTE";
and you should see a line in the message block like this:
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/9J/J2/cS/qJ96474.jpg[/IM G]
Finish your message and post it!

The real thing:
"Mugsy's Vonney napping on the coffee table"...

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/9J/J2/cS/qJ96474.jpg

"ZZzzz...Oh I'm sorry, was I snoring?"

Piece of cake, Mugsy; try it yourself!

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: Phred ]

RachelJ
10-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Thanks Mugsy, as we say, that was worth the wait. I think I went through every picture twice. Your doggers are a riot. What fun you must have at your house.

Daisy's Mom
10-23-2001, 03:06 PM
Mugsy you are so lucky! Your family is so beautiful! I love George... he must have some hound in him right? He is so cute! They're all adorable.

lizbud
10-23-2001, 03:19 PM
Mugsy,
HEY GREAT PICS of your furkids!!!Looks like
one big happy gang of furbabys.I really liked
the one picture of Sophie(Ears sticking out).
They are all beautiful,healthy looking and
so 'at home & relaxed' looking.Post more
whenever you can..Thanks. Liz.

Jackie,
I laughed out loud when I read your
misreading of "Sox in the hall".SOOOO Funny..

mugsy
10-23-2001, 03:21 PM
AAACCCKKK!!! Ok Phred, I got all the way to going to the Image button, but when I put the arrow in the address box, "paste is NOT an option...I've tried everything but all I get is "null" in the img spot. I told you I was technologically challenged.

Phred
10-23-2001, 03:33 PM
Mugsy ~ Don't :eek: panic! Read the e-mail that's comming :D.

Golden Smiles
10-23-2001, 05:34 PM
Don't feel bad mugsy.....I still can't get mine to post either. I'm going to try typing the url next time!! :D Love the pix of all your babies!! LOL Your house must be a riot!!! I wanna come over!! :p

mugsy
10-23-2001, 05:44 PM
Terri, you can come over when ever you want.

Jackie, Mike laughed hysterically when I read him your post. I thought it was pretty funny too.

I'm still working on getting them on here.

Mike is cleaning carpet AGAIN. One of the down sides is that most of them aren't housebroken when you get them. Our carpets are trashed. We are going to have to rip it up soon. There is a website that I found where you can get hardwood floor (oak) for $2.99 a square foot, so as soon as Mike finds another job (being that he was downsized a few weeks ago)that will be our first major purchase.

daisyjeanne
10-25-2001, 01:14 AM
Hi--I'm new here; and am also having trouble posting a picture. I've written down Phred's instructions--I'll give it a try. Hmmm When I rt click on my big photo over in webshots, I don't have an option of "Copy Image Location". I have "Copy" and "Copy Shortcut". Also, when I bring up the pop up address block--I don't have a "Paste" option. Probably something to do with Java script--which I probably need to download something to obtain javascript--but I don't know how to do that either. Help! I suppose typing the address in might work--but time consuming. Any suggestions?
daisy

Phred
10-25-2001, 01:29 PM
DaisyJeanne ~

Dunno - when you right-click ON the WebShots photo, try the "copy" option. Then come back to the Pet Talk "Image" data block and see if you have the "Paste" option when you right-click inside the data block. If you don't have the paste option, it probably means your browser did not pick up anything from the picture to copy. If the copy won't work, then try the "copy shortcut" to see if that will transfer the location.

If neither one will work, then you'll have to right-click on the photo and look at the "View Info" data to find the photo's location there. Write the "htt...jpg" information down and then type it into the Pet Talk image data block.

If all else fails, send me or post the address of your WebShots album and I'll post the pix for you.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

mugsy
10-25-2001, 10:04 PM
Daisyjeane that is EXACTLY what happened to me. The only way I got it to work is when I right clicked on the picture in webshots I went to properties and highlighted the name of the picture and hit control "C" and then back to pet talk and start a message and then hit control "V". The "C" is copy and the "V" is paste. Then once it was in the message then I put the in front and the at the end. Don't panic, the front img puts itself on the line above. That's the only way I can get it to work. Good luck. Phred is the wonderman though...patience of Job!

Logan
10-25-2001, 10:45 PM
Daisy,
We'll get your pictures posted if you give us your webshots address!!! It has taken time and patience, but we "got it" now!!
You need to share you babies, Summer, Boz and Dandie!!!
Logan