View Full Version : Soft Paws?
06-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Does anyone here use Soft PAws on their cat? What do you think of them? More importantly..what does your cat think of them? LOL!
Pixel's nails get trimmed quite frequently, but she is still a little scratching monster. LOL! She doesn't use her kitty tower, her post, or her cardboard post.
A friend at work uses them and likes them, but I thought I'd ask before considering it.
Missy and Pixel
K & L
06-02-2003, 01:48 PM
06-02-2003, 02:46 PM
I tried them and opted against them.
on the plus side:
- the cats do not mind them
- it does stop the damage from scratching
on the negative side
- they do not last as long as they say. They fall off one at a time and there always seems to be one to replace.
- the cats struggle more and more each time you put them on. (and I did not want the cats to become fearful of the nail clipping process)
- The cap can get caught on things, like strings on your heavy scratching posts. The cat cannot get loose because the string is looped behind a "lip" that is formed between the cap and the nail and the strings can be too tough to break. I had to rescue a 2 out of the 5 cats I had the caps on during my 2 month trial period
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.