PDA

View Full Version : Another Gone...

Daisylover
05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
I guess I am going to have to redo the pic underneath my signature.... First Casey, then Velvet and now......my bunny Robbie died at 7:40 a.m. this morning....

Back in January he had gotten thin and wouldn't eat anything but Cherrios, so the vet did a blood panel which showed his white cell count was low. At my insistence it was repeated and the count was still low. Then the vet found an abcess on his cheek...his funny face was so fluffy I never noticed it..... Then at another visit the vet found a molar spur that caused the abcess...he got quite a bit better and I had decided the abcess was the cause of the low white cell count and that all was fine....but he never did gain much weight and on Sunday I noticed he wasn't to quick in moving around and by yesterday at noon I knew I had a serious problem when he let me hold him all day and evening.... He rallied a bit and I went ot bed thinking he would be fine but this morning...well, it was like he hung on just to say good bye...he died about 10 minutes after I got him out of his cage.

Right now I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me.. He was only 3 years old and I'm wondering if I had been less active at the sanctuary if I might have noticed earlier that he wasn't well... I know he had a good life with me...but I do feel so guilty, like I let him down.... I just want to go home and go to bed. :(

wolfsoul
05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm so sorry! :( It is so sad to lose a fur-child, or any child for that matter. :( I hope that you feel better soon and that the pain goes away :( I know how you feel :( Everyone here does, I'm sure.

RIP sweet Robbie, you had a good life little guy :(

aly
05-27-2003, 03:30 PM
The tears are pouring for your sweet bunny. Please don't blame yourself. You're a wonderful bun mom and you just can't dwell on what might've been. There is a reason God needed him at the Bridge. Even if you never find out that reason, I strongly believe there always is a reason. I know you're in great pain right now and only time will ease the hurt. Spend extra time with your other babies. They will be there for you and help bring a smile to your face.

My thoughts are prayers are with you.

Aspen and Misty
05-27-2003, 03:36 PM
O I am so sorry

::hugs::

Please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault.

Ash

RockyRoad
05-27-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Robbie. :( Please don't blame yourself. He had a great life with you, he couldn't have had a better mom.
{{{Hugs}}}

PayItForward
05-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Robbie will be romping happily at Rainbow Bridge.

This is not your fault, I bet you were the best mum ever to Robbie.

Thinking of you :(

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Don't blame yourself.

I am so sorry for your loss. :( :(

Baby Robbie is now safe at the Rainbow Bridge.

You will be in my thoughts.

zippy-kat
05-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Cathy,

With heavy heart I type this to you. I know the love that awaits each and every bunster that enters your home. Robbie couldn't have asked for a better Mom.

It's never fair when they leave. Yet, it's never fair to ask them to stay when they are so sick. You gave him ALL you could, don't ever doubt that!

Your work at the shelter would've --and I'm sure DID-- make Robbie very proud of you. No friend, you didn't hurt Robbie by staying at the shelter. He has no idea just how lucky he was to have a Mom like you. Always giving of your time and heart. You do tremendous work on behalf of ALL buns -- don't ever forget that.

Take a warm bubble bath, cry your eyes out, and then snuggle up to Gracie, Noah, Maple, Chocolate, and the rest. All of you were enriched by knowing him and he by knowing you. Time brings new friends but we'll all meet again at the Bridge -- always remember that.

{{HUGGS}}

Rest in peace sweet Robbie. Smile on your Mommy and know that she'll be ok... we're here for her any time she needs us.

slick
05-27-2003, 08:06 PM
God I'm crying as I type this. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that your bun-bun is hopping happily at the RB and I do believe you will meet up again. It's too easy to blame ourselves when our kids leave us but don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure Robbie knew how much you loved him and know that he loved you just as much.

shais_mom
05-28-2003, 01:09 AM
Godspeed to the Bridge little Robbie.
I am soooo sorry for your loss, it is never ever easy when they leave us.

Cookiebaker
05-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Daisylover, I'm so sorry for your loss! Rest in peace, sweet Robbie. Please don't feel guilty, he had a wonderful home!!!

Logan
05-28-2003, 07:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Robbie, Daisylover. :( He was a handsome fellow. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

wolf_Q
05-28-2003, 11:21 AM
So sorry to hear this. Rest in peace sweet Robbie. :(

Daisylover
05-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks to you all.....your words of encouragement mean so much.... His passing has hit me so much harder than the others I've nursed along....this one is going to take a while to get over and if there is any good in this it is that he is not lingering or suffering. Thanks again to you all.

lute
05-28-2003, 03:51 PM
i knw how you feel...i've lost 3 bunnies....two in less then a year of each other.:(

hope you feel better:(