PDA

View Full Version : whiskas wet food

Rocky'smomma
05-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Do any of you let your kitties have the commercial brand food every once in a while just for a treat?? I have been buying whiskas brand, and they totally devour their bowls too..they thrive mainly on Authority wet and dry food, but I don't see any harm of it..It's like letting your human kid have a candy bar every once in a while, and mcDonalds too..

Desert Arabian
05-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Hmmm...our two kitties don't get Whiskas wet food. Sammy and Dudley get IAMS wet food regularly. Dudley gets Fancy Feast trout for a treat.

When my mom and I were staying at a horse ranch in Tennessee, the ranch kitties would come up to our cabin and eat some Whiskas wet cat food which we bought for them. They hoovered it down in 3 seconds flat. My grandma gives her two cats Whiskas also, and they hoover it down too.

The Cat Factory
05-20-2003, 12:20 AM
My kittes usually get Authority wet food, or Nutro wet food, and Solid Gold dry. I do give them Whiska's wet food every once in a while :D

PayItForward
05-20-2003, 02:52 AM
Our cats get whiskas brand wet food all the time.

Unless we go away for the weekend, then they get whiskas brand dry food.

Mine won't eat other brands (except Iams dry and after what I heard about that company.....Also caused dry food causes problems with Georges' bowels.)

IttyBittyKitty
05-20-2003, 04:47 AM
She gets the little Whiskas "Singles" each night for dinner and has Friskies dried food during the day! I like the "singles" because they are such little portions and you dont end up with stinky little cans of cat food in the fridge :)

BastetsMum
05-20-2003, 05:27 AM
Bastet as a treat gets Whiskas Kitten food. I know I spoil her :D

moosmom
05-20-2003, 09:42 AM
My cats free feed on Felidae, an all natural dry cat food. I split a can of ProPlan canned food between 7 cats (about a teaspoon each) in the morning and evening, just as a treat. They won't touch the cheap canned food (Whiskas, 9-Lives, etc.)

Miss Meow
05-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
She gets the little Whiskas "Singles" each night for dinner and has Friskies dried food during the day! I like the "singles" because they are such little portions and you dont end up with stinky little cans of cat food in the fridge :)

We use the Singles too! It's about the only wet food that they eat, apart from the occasional can of tuna or sardines. Plus it doesn't smell as bad as canned food.

Are you getting the Friskies with the play tunnel tokens? I sent mine in yesterday and the cats are waiting for their tunnel :)

carole
05-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Well my cats live on Whiskas and Friskies too, and there is nothing wrong with them, they are both happy and healthy, lexies 'coat just gleems right now, they get other treats, like roast chicken, and ground prime mince etc every week as well.
Oh let me know how the cat tunnel goes i am trying to get one of those as well.

AngelZoo
05-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Heya! I know you lady! ;)

Well you know me, I do feed the occasional Wet Wiska's in a pouch as a treat, about ever 3 days, or some other various food.

I can not find any good wet food (at least not acceptable to my standards) with in an hour or so of myself!

I'm trying to convince my local petstore to get in some of those Nutro Natural Pouches, then I would happily buy those! :)

kohala
05-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Grasshopper gets various things, but loooooooves her Kitty's Stew. Notice the name change - ? Betcha the people who pointed out the political incorrectness of Kitty Stew as opposed to Kitty's Stew were PetTalkers! LOL:D

shais_mom
05-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Kylie prefers the Whiskas pouches she doesn't really like the canned wet food!

moosmom
05-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Kohala,

I tried giving my cats Kitty Stew (the stuff loaded with veggies and minerals) and quickly found out that there IS no such thing as a vegetarian kitty. They hated it! And at $1.00 a can, I'm glad I found out early. :D

carole
05-22-2003, 03:45 PM
They are all so different, my cats like the stuff with veges in it, tryed a whiskas pouch with Lexie yesterday, she just turned her nose up at it and walked away, whereas Ash scoffed it down, they both like certain things, but differ in tastes with others.
When Sooti first arrived he would eat anything, he loved mashed potato and veges left overs from our dinner, but then he became fussy and would only eat cat biscuits.

AngelZoo
05-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Rocky'smomma: I finally got to get those new Nutro Natural Pouches!! I hope my cats like them cause I bought about 12 of them (I'm sure they will my cats have NEVER turned down any wet food). I also got them some Natural Balance canned, they are scarfing it down right now, it's a GREAT food so I'm glad they like it first 5 ingredients are meat, and no by-products :)

They totally rejected the Natural Balance dry food a year ago however.

Amanda
05-24-2003, 08:04 AM
HI there-

I noticed in "Pay it Forward's" response there was a comment that implied that the Iams pet food companymay not be such a goodie...I'm curious to find out more...cuz that's what my gals eat. Thanks.

smokey the elder
05-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Nutshell version: Procter and Gamble, the parent company, does animal testing for cosmetics and the like. There are a load of links in another thread but I forget where.

ChrisH
05-24-2003, 09:56 AM
I feed Ebby Royal Canin dry food and I also give her wet food pouches 3 or 4 times a week, Whiskas, Hi-life, Sheba, and other brands too. She also has some tuna, pilchards or sardines once or twice a week, needless to say the tuna is her favourite!:)

Chris

AngelZoo
05-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Amanda:

Here are some links about IAM's/Eukanuba/Proctor & Gamble

http://www.pandgkills.com
http://www.peta.org/feat/iams/

Some of my animals an I are actually on the Iam's photo petition through Peta, you can see the pic they put up of us here.

http://www.peta.org/feat/iams/page/pet-118.jpg