PDA

View Full Version : "new" family member...probably

trinity
05-14-2003, 07:02 AM
Well chances are good that Oatmeal will become #5 of our furry family. I called the No Kill shelter to be put on the waiting list. They sent me paper work to fill out and send back. Since I would be reponsible for getting his shots and everything before they would even accept the paperwork, I am probably going to just keep him. Actually I think that was already decided it just took this to make the decision out loud....I was so excited last night. He let me hold him and he didn't fuss or anything. He drools when he gets really happy....just a little. So I guess we will be off to the vet soon!

Yahoo!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 07:21 AM
I am so pleased, you're keeping him.

Your local roads sounds too dangerous for outside kitties and he certainly wants in your home.

Yeah, I love a happy ending. :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
05-14-2003, 07:48 AM
:D:D:D

trinity
05-14-2003, 08:02 AM
I am annoying our guys though. When we get home from work or wherever, since Oatmeal is an outdoor cat, he comes running thru the neighbors yard to greet us. He spends a great deal of time on/under their porch but since they moved he's still alone....(no he wasn't theirs...) So I pay attention to him first then go in the house and say hi to our guys....Zingo is exceptionally jealous, but he isn't reacting as much when he smells Oatmeal on my hands and clothing so I guess thats a good thing....hopefully I will get a picture soon...

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 08:21 AM
So when are you going to introduce him to your guys. :)

I take it he needs to have his shots first and needs to be isolated for a week or so.

Do you have a spare room he can be housed in for the time being ?

Even though our cats are inside/outside, we live on a v.quiet side road. I worry for Oatmeal as you said your local roads are very busy with fast cars.

As soon as he can have inside shelter the better.

Please keep us posted and a picture or two wouldn't go amiss :D

HayleyRosie
05-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Congratulations on keeping Oatmeal! Will he be an indoor only kitty now? When will we get to see some pictures?

trinity
05-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Yes he will become an indoor only cat. I am hoping to get him to the vet after payday...unlkess I hit the lottery before that....and everyone keep fingers crossed that the important tests are negative. We have a few rooms we could choose from to "quarantine" him in for a few days. He will be living in luxury compared to the outside routine. I'll try to get pictures soon...

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 09:29 AM
We pray for Oatmeal, that the tests are all negative.

JGuitaristR
05-14-2003, 09:44 AM
I hope all goes well for Oatmeal. He seems like a sweet kitty, I'm so glad you've taken him in. :D

catmandu
05-14-2003, 09:52 AM
as a friend to 14 cats , I think that you will be surprised at just how quickly Oatmeal will fit in with his New Cat Pals and will soon be part of the Big Cat Heap on the Couch! Bless you for giving him a Second Chance with a new Family!

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm so glad you're going to adopt Oatmeal and that he'll soon be an indoor only cat. :D Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for all of his tests to come out okay. I can't wait to see pictures. :)