PDA

View Full Version : Faye's Rescue Story

ILoveReptiles
05-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I received a private message expressing interest in hearing Faye's rescue story, so I wanted to post it here.

Unfortunately, I don't know the sordid details of who she came from before she wound up at the rescue center, however, while she was there, I was told she got loose and was lost for a full month with no food - so she started to waste away a little bit.

She also was being treated for mites while she was in the rescue/rehab and her name was actually "Spot" before I got her but I think Faye is a nicer name. It fits her better. The mites were gone before I got her, thankfully, and she hasn't had any recurrence.

One of her favorite things to do is chow down - She eats like a pig, and she's just such a sweetheart.. :)

I think I'll get her a gerbil instead of a mouse today if I can find one at the pet shop. They're supposedly more nutritious for her.

shellonabeach
05-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Poor baby, being sick and then geting lost. I bet she's glad to have landed with you where she gets her every needs met.

One thing:

"I think I'll get her a gerbil instead of a mouse today if I can find one at the pet shop. They're supposedly more nutritious for her."

You don't mean a live one do you? I myself rescue gerbils and hamsters :(

ILoveReptiles
05-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Well yes - it would be live... My ball pythons refuse to eat frozen/thawed. However, when I got to the store I decided that I would just get a mouse. The gerbils are safe.