PDA

View Full Version : Wierd stuff coming out of my cat.

gtibri
04-29-2003, 08:30 PM
One night, I found my cat moaning in the closet. She came out and sat still for a moment and then fell backwards like she was fainting. Then I looked at her bottom and saw brown smelly stuff coming out of its genitals. It looked like diarrhea. Also, there was clear, thick liquid coming out. She was also drooling. I thought she was pregnant and was going to have babies because she had a round belly and looked like she was in labor. Impossible though cause she was spayed. So the next morning I checked up on here and she was fine, as if nothing happened. No signs and symptoms before the incident, and none afterwards. Pretty wierd. Still debating on whether i should take her to the vet cause she looks fine now. Anyone know what may have caused this?

Rocky'smomma
04-29-2003, 08:41 PM
I think your best bet would take her to have a full check up and explain to the vet what happened to her..is she fixed? is it possible it may have been a heat cycle she was going through?? Good Luck!

Freckles
04-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by gtibri
One night,

Which night?

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2003, 10:38 PM
I'd also take her to the vet and have her checked out just to be on the safe side. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

gtibri
04-29-2003, 11:03 PM
yeah, she's fixed. It was two nights ago. she seems perfectly health now though. i'll probably bring her to the vet tomorrow to get her checked out.

HayleyRosie
04-30-2003, 06:18 AM
I think going to the vet is a really good idea. Please keep us posted.

kohala
05-06-2003, 09:38 PM
I was wondering how long ago she was spayed? If the discharge was from her genital area, it may indicate a problem from the spay - ? :( I agree with everyone that you really should at least call your vet, as somethings flare, then lie dormant, then flare again! Especially as you mentioned the "fainting" action. Poor kitty! Please keep us posted! and headbonkies, too!

moosmom
05-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Are you SURE she was spayed?? Sounds like symptoms of pyometria, a uterine infection. My Munchkin, Faberge (aka Shorty) had pyometria and the symptoms sound the same.

I agree with everyone else. You need to get her to a vet asap!!

Please let us know how you make out.