PDA

View Full Version : Wish us luck!! :D

wolf_Q
04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Well this lady came in to Petco today, to get an appointment for her dog. The dog was a siberian husky so I, of course, :rolleyes: chatted with her a bit. I found out that she wanted the dog bathed because she was scheduled for an appointment with a pet modeling company.

I talked to her about it, and ended up getting the phone number and name of the company. I called them...so now I have an appointment for Nebo and I to meet with them on Thursday at 5:30!! :D :D

They're just going to check out the dog, snap a few photos, and see how the dog is, etc....I'm going to give Nebo a bath and make him look handsome, lol....Please wish us luck that they will like Nebo, and that he will be a GOOD boy!!

Thanks! :D

aly
04-22-2003, 06:14 PM
GOOD LUCK Nebo!!!!!!! I know you have the looks for it so please behave for your mama :D :D

slleipnir
04-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Wow, sounds like fun!! Good luck Nebo!!!

tikeyas_mom
04-22-2003, 06:17 PM
yay for Nebo :D..

Tikeya is a mascot for some elementry School where I live. I got a bunch of professional pics tooken of her last summer by a man who was scouting for huskies at a school. and He saw Tikeya and loved her look.

He took me and Tikeya *and my dad* to a really nice moutain background place to take natural pics *no collor* it was neat. Now Tikeyas Face is on a bunch of student cards and stuff ;). I am happy for Nebo. Maybe he'll get to be a School mascot one day :D.

Cincy'sMom
04-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Good Luck Nebo!!!

doglovrforevr
04-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Good Luck Nebo!!!;)

primabella
04-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I also thought Nebo's good looks would get him somewhere and I'm sure they will. This is your big break! Just remember...you know me ;)

Good luck Nebo! Just be your usual photogenic self and you'll win them over! :D

Vermontcat
04-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Good Luck Amy and Nebo!:)
Here at Pet Talk, Nebo already is a star.
Maybe you could mention Pet Talk as a reference for some of his photos and also mention that he has his picture on a thong already too!;)

Cisco's Mom
04-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Alright Nebo! Cisco has his paws crossed!
GOOD LUCK!!:)

lizbud
04-22-2003, 08:04 PM
GOOD LUCK NEBO ,

If looks are what counts Amy, Nebo's got it made in the
shade. :D :D :D

anna_66
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
That's great! I wish him & you luck! I'm sure they'll just love Nebo as much as we do:D

kingrattus
04-22-2003, 09:42 PM
All right NEBO.. good luck big guy

wolf_Q
04-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone!! I'm just hoping he'll decide to have his GOOD-BOY attitude instead of his BRAT-BOY attitude! He sure was in brat mode tonight!:rolleyes:

Nebo, plllllllleaaaaaaaaaase be good!

Tikeyas_mom, that's neat, do you have any of the photos? My mom works at a Jr. High and their mascot is a Husky...if they ever needed anything, I'd love to supply a husky. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
04-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Nebo, if you are not a good boy, no treats for a week! (LOL, yeah right!:D ) Good luck with Nebo, Amy!

lovemyshiba
04-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Good luck Nebo!!
I always knew you would be famous!!!!!
If anyone's got the looks, you do--now don't be a nawtee dog when you go to meet the people--be a good boy!!!!!

oodlesofpoodles
04-22-2003, 11:30 PM
way to go Nebo!!! All the poodles here ( Riley, Gannie, Pearlie Mae, Sweetie, Jack and Jill have their paws crossed. ) Good luck and do be a sweetheart and put your best behavior forward. :) :) :) :)

shais_mom
04-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Good Luck Nebo!
SMILE PRETTY!

ChrisH
04-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Yay!!
Good Luck Nebo!!
(This is so exciting!!!:))

RockyRoad
04-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Good luck Nebo! Be a good boy!
Fingers, fins, & paws crossed for you!:)

Tina
04-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Good Luck Nebo!! Please be a good boy for your mom :)

Dakota's Mommy
04-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Good Luck Nebo! You can do it! You're such a beautiful pup that I know you will have no problem winning them over! Do what mommy tells you and you'll get it for sure!

wolf_Q
04-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Well, we went tonight.

Honestly I didn't really know much about all of it before I went.

The modeling company is just starting to add "pet modeling" also. What they are doing is making a pet model calendar (it's like one big sheet with many pics, not a regular calendar) and giving it to a bunch of places...in utah, but they said they might take it nationally...I don't know if that makes sense, I'm still not sure about all of it myself. They acted really excited about it.

The positive........Nebo was GREAT!! He had a bath so he was looking handsome, he was a bit excited at first (well, there WAS a cat in the waiting room, can ya blame him?) but he was being a good boy. He was really friendly to everyone and they couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful he was. :D They took a bunch of photos of him, and he posed wonderfully...well, at least *I* think he did. He stayed where he was told, looked up, smiled, and all that. They even took some photos of him holding items in his mouth and balancing a treat on his nose. Nobody could believe he was only 11 months....they all thought he had to be at least 2...lol

The negative...It's like $80 to reserve your spot on the Calendar. I'm kind of afraid there may be other hidden costs also. There's no real guarantee anybody will pick your pet as a model, or anything will happen at all. I'm not so sure about it all...:confused:

I'll be going back in a week or so to see the photos they took, and decide what I want to do. Any comments on the matter? I'm pretty clueless at the moment.

Oh, and they said I could get prints of the photos if I wanted for $2 each, so that's pretty good I think. :)

oodlesofpoodles
04-24-2003, 11:37 PM
I know $80 seems like a lot but just think if he got picked. I know I spend money on things I dont really need. But as handsome as Nebo is I say GO FOR IT!!!!!! and $2.00 a picture sounds pretty good to me. Let us know. and when you get the pictures you had better post them. I know I want to see them and bet everyone else does too!:)

Cheshirekatt
04-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Oh my gosh! That's great for you and Nebo. How perfect. Good luck.