PDA

View Full Version : Shamelessly Trolling For Sympathy

Cheshirekatt
04-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey guys. So I had my jaw surgery last Tuesday. It was much worse than I expected. The vomiting, nosebleeds are over but I'm still wired shut and I'm getting really tired of it. My face is peeling like a lizzard (not that that's a bad thing....for a lizzard) from all the swelling and it burns like a sunburn. I still have no feeling from the bottom of my eyes to my upper lip.....but it still manages to burn. :confused: I think some post-op depresssion has set in because I snapped at my boyfriend for no reason yesterday. :( I'm sick of the drooling all over myself. I'm sick of having to sleep sitting up. I'm sick of not being able to answer to phone. I'm sick of being too embrassed to go out in public. I'm sick of the constant headache I've had for a week. I'm sick of not being able to blow my nose. *sigh* Ok, I'm done with my wining now.....thanks for listening. You guys are the best.

P.S. Buford keeps wanting to lick my face to "make it better". :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
04-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Don't feel bad about trolling for sympathy, in this situation you're entitled. FEEL BETTER!!

robinh
04-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Wow! Sounds to me like you have every right to need a little care and concern! Hope you feel better soon! :)

aly
04-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Ohhh my gosh. I am miserable after just READING that. I think you have every right to complain and troll for sympathy as much as you want! And isn't your kitty getting surgery tomorrow? :( My thoughts are with you AND Elvis!

Ann
04-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Aw, poor you :( Hope things get better real soon!

Cheshirekatt
04-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I figured since I was already home, Elvis and I could recover together. Plus I'll be here and can keep an eye on him. Maybe it'll take my mind off myself, too.

sammi
04-21-2003, 03:37 PM
I hope you get to feeling better soon. My husband had his jaw wired shut when he was younger and it wasn't that much fun.

PayItForward
04-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Sending get well vibes to you.
Moan away, I think you are entitled too.

NoahsMommy
04-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Oh my gosh! That sounds so terribly horrible! :( I sure hope you are on your way to healing and this will be behind you soon.

You poor thing....prayers being sent to you.

Cookiebaker
04-21-2003, 05:28 PM
ugh that sounds horrible!!! I truly hope that you will feel better soon!! do "they" know how long it will be until you are back up & attem???

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

Rachel
04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
eeeegads...I hope none of my buddies read this as I've been known to whine over a mere fraction of just one part of what you're dealing with. That said, it has been my experience that whining...er venting...can be very therapeautic. So you just go ahead and share because I think you will find the people here to be quite caring and sympathetic. The worst has just got to be behind you and soon your body and soul will recoup resources and it will smooth sailing. I do hope you will feel better really fast. We're going to be checking in on you, so keep us posted.
Good wishes for Elvis too.

Fuzzy317
04-21-2003, 06:28 PM
You can trolling for sympathy anytime. I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Sympathy and well wishes are headed your way. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-21-2003, 06:43 PM
WOW! Sounds like you've had a bad week. Abby gives you kissies and tells you to get better soon, dawggonit!

Cheshirekatt
04-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys.........ya'll are the best!

KYS
04-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Wow! you sure went through the wringer.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Sending you lots of well deserved sympathy.

wolf_Q
04-22-2003, 12:19 AM
That made me miserable just reading that! I'm so sorry to hear that....hope you start feeling better soon! You deserve some sympathy for going through all of this!

AmberLee
04-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Yeeow! Hope you are starting to feel better!

Cataholic
04-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Whine away, sounds like you deserve it! BUT, on the humorous side...just how, exactly, did you 'snap' at your BF....seeing that you are all wired shut...he he he....maybe the saying, "all bark and no bite is appropriate here"?

I think with your jaw wired shut, you need to treat yourself to a nice yummy vanilla milkshake! Just think, after you are done with all this, milkshakes, soups, etc., will make you sick!!

Good luck with your recovery.