PDA

View Full Version : My baby boy needs prayers

aly
04-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I just got back from the emergency vet and need some big time prayers. This is really hard for me to type because I can't stop crying. The newborn boys that I got on Wednesday were doing fine until this evening when one of them crashed. I couldn't get him to eat and his body temperature dropped. He was really really lethargic and wouldn't really move even when I picked him up. So I took him to the emergency vet. They are not too hopeful. They kept telling me his condition was "guarded" and preparing me for the worst. I wanted to leave his brother with him for comfort but they wouldn't let me. He's laying on some warm water bottles and they are trying to hydrate him up. I left them my credit card number and told them to do whatever they could :( I don't care if I go in debt from this. I just want him to live.

They said it wasn't my fault but I am feeling like the worst foster mom right now :( :( :(

They told me that no news from them tonight is good news so I am hoping my phone won't ring :(

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Praying the phone is silent! You really have done everything you could. Hoping for the best...

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear that one of your foster newborns isn't doing well. :( Prayers are on the way for him and his sibling too. I sure hope that he'll pull through. Just remember that you didn't do anything wrong and now it's up to God. {{{HUGS}}}

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-19-2003, 12:41 AM
OH Aly hang in there girl.... Gods hands are big enough for that small little kitten! I will be praying for him...
And don't you blame yourself... you are one of the most caring people I have ever known....

{{{HUGS}}}

Miss Meow
04-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Aly, I'll be sending positive thoughts to your little guy and hope he pulls through. You do so much for animals, please don't feel bad about this.

aly
04-19-2003, 03:04 AM
God must have needed him :( He's at the bridge now L(

I know I've jsut had him since Wednesday but its so hard to handle.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-19-2003, 05:22 AM
It is hard to accept these losses, even although they are part of God's greater plan.

Console yourself with the knoweldge that he was nurtured and loved for his short little life, and got to feel and understand the gentle touch of a loving human - so many animals go through their whole lives never having experienced this.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and the little brother.

jenluckenbach
04-19-2003, 05:36 AM
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Please do not blame yourself, you are a good mommy (foster and otherwise). He was just, as you said, needed else where right now. Hope the baby brother can stay here with us much longer.

PayItForward
04-19-2003, 05:50 AM
We are thinking of you. :(

We're sorry he had to go to RB but you know he'll be happy up there.

All the best with his brother.

sasvermont
04-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Aly, I know how difficult this must be for you. Please don't think that you could have changed the outcome. Little ones are so fragile at this stage and it seems to happen quite often. It is God's will. You really tried - probably much more than anyone else would/could have. You are this little one's angel.

SAS

moosmom
04-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Aly,

SAS is right. Kittens are so fragile at that age You did the best you could. Don't EVER beat yourself over it.

You're doing a great thing Aly, keep up the good work!

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Aly, you gave that little angel more love in his short days with you, then many cats know intheir entire lives. I'm sorry you lost him, but you did everything you could. He is at peace now.

aly
04-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Thank you guys. You've made me feel a lot better. I was thinking about finding anoter foster home for the brother because I was beating myself up last night about it all. But he's doing really good and I have really bonded to him over the night because I'm all he has now. He was missing his brother. :( :( :(

kimlovescats
04-19-2003, 12:37 PM
:( Oh, you are exactly right .... that baby needs you too, as does Lily and any others waiting to be taken into your wonderfully loving care!!! Just pour yourself into the ones that you have left, and all the future ones you were MEANT to help!!!!

God bless you!

Kim:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2003, 01:02 PM
God wanted the wee one to experience love on earth before He called him home. So He sent him to you. He couldn't have chosen better.

shais_mom
04-19-2003, 01:09 PM
I am sorry Aly.
Rest in peace Little One.

Barbara
04-19-2003, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry Aly. Life wasn't strong enough in him and so he will feel better now at RB. It is so much what you do for these little ones and all your furkids are so glad to have you. Give his little brother a kissie from me.

Steffi N
04-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I am sorry that you lost the little baby. You gave him all the love and help you could. I hope the other little one is getting better. I hope you can keep Lily. Please keep heart.

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the baby kitten. :( You did everything you could and now he's playing happily at Rainbow Bridge. I sure hope his little brother will be okay. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your kitties. {{{HUGS}}}

RockyRoad
04-19-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be praying that his brother will be okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your furkids.
{{{Hugs}}}

Cheshirekatt
04-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Some kitties are just too sweet for this world. He was loved and cared for and you did all you could. Just chesrish the memories you have and don't beat yourself up. You're an angel.

smokey the elder
04-20-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry that you lost the tiny kitten. Sometimes they just aren't ready for the world, or something. One of the toughest things about fostering is kitten mortality. Our rescue group had a bad summer last year.:(

Rachel
04-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Dear Aly, I know how you love each and every animal in your care, but if there were ever a person who does her best, it is you. Please don't evaluate yourself based on this sad event. Deep down inside you must know that you are the kind of person who is the most caring. Now if you had a twin, wouldn't she be the first one you would consider to care for your animals? Of course. Beating yourself up just saps your strength which you know you need to go on to do the good that you do. So there! :p

HayleyRosie
04-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Aly,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of you. Prayers are on the way for the little one you still have with you. He is very lucky to have you.

BastetsMum
04-20-2003, 05:11 PM
My condolensces Aly.

I also send blessings to you for being a wonderful foster mum.

You are doing a special job here and little boy was needed elsewhere.

Keep up the excellent work!

tatsxxx11
04-20-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry, Aly:( You did all that you could, but it was out of your hands. You're the best foster Mom and I know your baby boy knew how very loved he was during his short time of this earth. Rest peacefully, baby boy.

emily_the_spoiled
04-21-2003, 07:59 AM
Aly, I am so sorry to read about your little boy. At least he knew plenty of love and companionship during his time on earth. You were his angel and now he can return the favour for you from the RB:( :( :(

K & L
04-21-2003, 08:37 AM
This is so sad! I'm so sorry, just remember you did all you could!

marysmerrycats
04-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Aly
I'm so sorry! I didn't read each post... so sorry about your loss!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh, Aly, I'm so sorry to hear one of your sweet little boys was needed at the bridge. :(

You most definitely do not have to beat yourself up about it though. You are the best darn foster mom these kittens could have hoped to find. You did your best and gave everything you have to save this kitten. Which isn't surprising because that's what you do for all your foster babies. Unfortunately this one didn't make it, but think of how many have made it because of you, and have gone on to live long, healthy lives - all because of the wonderful care that you gave them in their first days.

You are such a special person for caring so much about these little kittens that I hate to see you feel so badly when one doesn't make it. But I believe it's the same passion that makes you feel bad that makes you continue to help these poor little helpless sweeties.

Hugs to you and Rocky for the loss of his brother, and to Lily - just for being a little sweetie pie. :)

NoahsMommy
04-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
God wanted the wee one to experience love on earth before He called him home. So He sent him to you. He couldn't have chosen better.
This is exactly what I was going to say, thanks MOFF for putting it so nicely.

I beleive this with all my heart Aly, you were there for him when he needed you most Aly. You were working for God in this situation....be proud of the love you gave him....

marysmerrycats
04-21-2003, 11:24 PM
I agree, the kitty was very lucky to have been in your wonderful care for his short life, you are a wonderful kitty foster mom!

wolf_Q
04-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( :( You most definitely did everything that you could. You are the best foster mom any pet could ask for. You are truely amazing! I'm glad the kitten was able to experience your loving care before he left this world.

carole
04-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Aly that little furbabie was truely blessed to have been in your care, you do a wonderful job, its so sad he had to leave, i hope the other one will be ok now, hugs to you.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Aly,,,,
I am so sorry..:(
I can't imagine how hard it is for you... you are truly the most caring person. That little baby had a wonderful few days here ..... and you gave him more love than most animals get in a lifetime....

{{{{Aly}}}}

slick
04-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That little kitty knew how much you loved him and I know he's happy and healthy at the RB. You did all you could. What a wonderful foster Mommy you are!

Russian Blue
04-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear the news. :(

It's easy to fall into sad thoughts, but please remember that every living thing has a life cycle they were meant to follow. This little one just had a shorter time and you were lucky enough to meet him during his short time on earth.

That's a gift in itself.

rosethecopycat
04-22-2003, 09:03 PM
He'll just grow up on the other side now, but for sure, you're the one he's going to remember.

Godspeed to the bridge, baby kitten.

IttyBittyKitty
04-26-2003, 10:55 AM
That's so sad to hear that! But, the others are right and kittens are very fragile! You are obviously a caring person with extensive experience in caring for little babies, so there is nothing you could have done to change the outcome. Remember all the kitties that you have saved and all the kitties that you *will* save! If it weren't for you, those kitties wouldn't have found their furrever homes. Keep it up! :) and don't lose heart!

I nursed a kitty with the cat flu once, and he died in my arms. I never forgot it. He will surely be there to welcome your baby at the bridge :)