PDA

View Full Version : Catnip

wolfsoul
04-03-2003, 07:09 PM
I just got back from the store and gave Sara a piece of this really neat catnip. She went nuts! I can't wait to get pics! :D
It's called "Kooky Kat Catnip Pellets."

Has anyone tried this brand before?

slick
04-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Haven't tried that but my cats don't really get all that excited with nip at all. Max just licks it then walks away and Speckles eats it, rubs around a bit then ignores it. Must be their ages.

wolfsoul
04-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Really? Sara's pretty old (ahk, it's her birthday tomorrow!), but she still loves her catnip :D lol. She's still flipping out. She keeps rolling over. Again and again. lol. And she put her paws out in front of her and propelled herself with her back legs on the floor. It looks like she's on ice! :eek: :D

04-05-2003, 05:00 AM
My cats get really nuts when I give them a "marinated" mouse! Every day, I put 2 mice in a box with catnip-pellets. They LOVE it:D :D
I have one question about catnip. Although they love catnip, they are not interested in fresh leaves. So, I'd like to know what is the best way to dry leaves:confused: :confused: When do I harvest them, and how do I have to fry them?

Thanks!!:D

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure, Lut. My friend used to grow catnip, but her cat liked the fresh leaves, so I'm no help lol. I bet someone here might know...:confused:

smokey the elder
04-06-2003, 08:52 AM
If it's dried, the active ingredient is more concentrated.

04-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
If it's dried, the active ingredient is more concentrated.

I KNOW, but HOW do I dry it??

Cataholic
04-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Lut,
I think you would dry it the same way we dry other herbs. Place it between two layers of paper towel, or non scented tissue, and place in area that gets plenty of circulation. I have dried flowers by hanging them from their stems in a cool dry place..so, maybe you could try that method, too?