PDA

View Full Version : Got My Test Results Back...

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 04:19 PM
My doctor called and said that my tests revealed that I do have Crohn's Disease. I have an appointment with him on the 8th to discuss this diagnoses.

Just wanted to keep you all updated. Thanks so much for you support and prayers. :)

Sudilar
03-31-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anything about Crohn's, but I hope that it is controllable. Sending you a {{hug}}.

mugsy
03-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Not great news, but at least you know what it is.

primabella
03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry about this bad news but I will keep sending you some good thoughts and hope it doesn't get too serious. Take care. :)

moosmom
03-31-2003, 04:40 PM
NoahsMommy,

I'm sorry to hear about your test results. Hang in there and know that you have alot of friends here to talk to.

((((hugs))))

popcornbird
03-31-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry about the bad news, although I don't know much about Crohn's at all, so I don't know how bad it is. All I know is that the diagnose was not the best, and I'll keep you in my thoughts. Get well soon, and I hope whatever it is can be treated well. Good luck! I sent you a PM.

Karen
03-31-2003, 04:46 PM
Here's a good explanation of Crohn's disease from the National Institute of Health -

Crohn's Disease (http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/crohns/crohns.htm)

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks Karen....here's another good site for information: www.crohnsresource.com

wolflady
03-31-2003, 05:21 PM
{{{Kelly}}}
Bless your heart. At least you know what it is and can start treating it. Hopefully you can get some info with your visit with the doc. Be sure to ask him about the vitamins. They are called Rainbow Life. I'm not sure what vitamins you will be allowed to take, so double check with your doc on this. I sure hope that you can get some sort of relief from treatment, diet etc. We are all here for you and love you lots! :D
**hugs**
Karen

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2003, 05:24 PM
At least you know what it is and can start proper treatment now. Hopefully it will be able to be controlled with drugs without the need for surgery.

Sounds like this doctor is sooo much better than the last one. I'm glad you finally got a doctor that is easier to work with too. Now maybe you can get everything under control and get on with your life - and the lives of all 7 of your sweeties.

Good luck with your next appt. and please keep us updated. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Like as already been said, not great news, but at least you know what you are dealingwith. My Aunt (Dad's younger sis) also has Chron's disease. It is under control for the most part, but she has flares up every now and then. Not fun. You're in our thoughts.

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys! :) Your support means a lot.

petsbestern
03-31-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Get well soon.

RockyRoad
03-31-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Kelly, but at least you do know what it is. Prayers and warm thoughts are continuing from us.
{{{Hugs}}}

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-31-2003, 05:47 PM
It is good you know what the problem is and now you can start treatment... I will keep you in my prayers... and i'm gonna believe that you will go into remission and not come out!!! :)
sending you some hugs!..***HUGS***

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 06:32 PM
I wish you the best in the treatment of the disease. Just finally KNOWING is some confort, because now the treatment options can begin. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers for quick control of symptoms.

Logan
03-31-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm glad you know, even if you don't like the results. Now you can tackle the issues, Kelly, and get yourself back on track. One of my Golden Retriever friends (cyberfriend) has Crohn's disease, and I won't kid you, she has some really bad "down" times. Perhaps with your permission, I could send Liz your email address and perhaps she could give you some insight. You say the word and I'll be glad to do it. Just let me know for sure which email address you want me to use, if you want me to do that at all. You can send me a PM or email to let me know.

Best of luck to you, my friend.

Logan :)

Nomilynn
03-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Kelly - you know I'm always available for those midnight chat sessions.. if you need anything, email me :)

slick
03-31-2003, 07:31 PM
I also knew someone with Crohn's. Have not seen him in a while but he seemed to control it with diet and medication. Hope that's all it takes for you. Prayers are on the way.

gini
03-31-2003, 07:33 PM
Kelly, I am not happy that this is the diagnosis, but as I p/m'd you a while back, my friend has it - and it can be controlled with medication. Gosh, you seem so young to have this disease.

We are all here for you - wanna complain, grouch, whatever, you are welcome to - you have been through a lot!

Hugs from Gini

weiner_teddy
03-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. My sister was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease about 2-3 years ago. When she was first diagnosed, she was very weak, but now after medical treatment, she is doing well. I always keep her in my prayers, and I will do the same for you.

Miss Meow
03-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Kelly, I'm glad you've got some news and know what you're dealing with now. I don't know anything of Crohn's but I hope you can start a course of treatment soon that'll help with your health. I hope your six fur-nurses are keeping you cosy and happy :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2003, 11:28 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you have Crohn's disease. :( At least you know what you're dealing with and hopefully you'll be able to go into remission with the proper treatment. Prayers are on the way. Take care. {{{HUGS}}}

marysmerrycats
04-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Kelly
I'm so sorry to hear that news, I don't know much about it either, will have to read the link.
I'm sure there are things that can be done to help it.
I hope you are feeling better soon!

shais_mom
04-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Kelly - you know I'm always available for those midnight chat sessions.. if you need anything, email me :)

Ditto!!
And You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
{{hugs to You}}

Kater
04-01-2003, 01:58 AM
We are behind you 100%! I'm sorry about the bad news Kelly, but you are strong one.

Barbara
04-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Kelly I am so sorry for you. This is a very serious diagnosis but on the other hand I know people who have it and have it well under control (one is the personal assistant of my boss. She's 48 years old and runs marathon races). Of course it means that you will have to concentrate on the disease. I am sure you will find people on the web who can help you.
I keep my fingers crossed that you can live with it as easy as possible:)

04-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Dear Kelly, I didn't know this disease, but after reading on those sites, I do! It is rather a serious thing; but hopefully, you diagnosed it early enough, so you will be able to control it with medication and a good balanced diet! I wish you all the luck in the world!!:) :)

Randi
04-01-2003, 05:52 AM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Crohn's. :( I hope the treatment you get will keep it under control and you can get on with your life in a fairly normal way!

Best of luck!

Positive thoughts and hugs to you. :)

neko1
04-01-2003, 06:03 AM
Sending ((hugs)) your way. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

lynnestankard
04-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Kelly - so sorry to hear that it's Crohns - I just hope you get the support and help you feel you need. Your in my prayers and I'm sending {{{Hugs}}}} across the miles.

Lynne

Cataholic
04-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Kelly,
I am sorry to hear the dx was of crohns. As others have mentioned, I also know someone that has crohns, and, she, too, kept it pretty well under control with diet and meds. I hope the same will be for you. The hell you know is better than the hell you don't know. With that in mind, prayers to you!
Johanna

anna_66
04-01-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm glad you finally know what it is now.
Hopefully you won't need the surgery and can keep it under control with just the meds and diet.
Your in my thoughts & prayers.

gini
04-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Kelly, I just realized how you are educating all of us by sharing this with us.

When I heard my friend had it - there was not a lot of discussion - just an understanding that we all needed to be compassionate.

I didn't even know how to spell it when I went online to find out more about it.

emily_the_spoiled
04-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Kelly, I am sorry that the diagnosis was for Cronh's disease. At least now you can finally put a name to the problem and start to work towards controlling it. Just being able to put a name to it will help you get a handle on it. With time, patience, good diet, drugs and your furry nurses, you will be able to control it.

PayItForward
04-01-2003, 11:15 AM
I don't know what to say.

All the best in the future, may you be forever in remission.

HayleyRosie
04-01-2003, 11:20 AM
I so sorry to hear that you have Crohn's. My mother was told she had Crohn's about 10 years ago. She was very sick when she first found out but she has done very well since. Her medication keeps it controlled and she has not had to have surgery. Stay positive. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

tatsxxx11
04-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh Kelly.....Crohn's is a tough disease. But now that you know what you're dealing with, you can begin to work at getting it under control. Those with Crohn's are truly in need of support and understanding, and that you will be in abundance from us all. Sending you well wishes and prayers for positive course of treatment. Love, Sandra

ChrisH
04-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Kelly, I am so sorry the diagnosis was that you have Crohns. :( Now you do know what you are up against I hope that, given time, you will find some ways to deal with it. I think you will find lots of help medicine and treatment-wise from the doctors and medical staff, and spiritual help too from lots of sources, not least from all your many friends here.
Sending prayers, hugs and lots of love your way.

Chris

NoahsMommy
04-01-2003, 12:34 PM
You all are totally amazing. I'm sitting here reading "cards" from all my friends and am SMILING!

Thank you so very much. :)

When my doctor told me the diagnoses, I got a little scared and it felt really strange that I did actually have one of the diseases that I've been researching. It was a very surreal feeling. I'm so glad that I have friends here and others that surround me daily that help me get through all this.

Thank you friends.

iceyshiver21
04-01-2003, 12:49 PM
oh, I am so sorry.....

HoRsELUvR
04-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I hope you have a good recovery.At least you found out what is is so you can treat it.

micki76
04-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, let's work on getting you treated and feeling better now!! You know this means lots more Doctors visits. :rolleyes: Yuck!! Seriously though, I know how devastating a diagnosis can feel. I also know that it can give you determination.
There's nothing more frightening than the unknown.
Take care of yourself and we're all here for you anytime you need us! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-02-2003, 05:46 AM
I just saw this thread.

NoahsMommy, I am sorry to hear about the bad news. The good news is that you can now start getting the right treatment for it and hopefully begin to feel better. I am sure your furbabies will provide you with even more support and love that you are getting from us at PT.

You are in my thoughts. Get Better Soon!

Russian Blue
04-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Glad you can now take a course of action that will improve your health! It's horrible when your in limbo and not knowing what is happening.

You know the story of my mom, so I'm glad that today you have so many resources at your fingertips. When my mom was diagnosed back in the 70's she barely had any info or support groups.

Many people today have Crohns/Colitis/IBS and can maintain control through meds and nutritional changes. Your not alone!

Keep positive and informed Kelly.

;)

NoahsMommy
04-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Thank you everyone. :)

I'm looking forward to my appointment on the 8th to figure out how to get better.

mugsy
04-02-2003, 02:45 PM
I wish you luck and you will be in my thoughts.