PDA

View Full Version : long hair habit?

trinity
03-25-2003, 06:36 AM
I've noticed something with our cats and was wondering if anyone else has made this observation. We have 2 long hair and 2 short hair cats. The long hairs will both spend hours (if you let them) trying to lick your fingerprints off. I swear the intensity is that strong. But it is only the long haired cats that do it. The two short hairs couldn't care less. Like I said, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this strange phenomenon....:confused:

catland
03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm not familiar with that, but I don't have long haired kitties.

When Jan was younger, she used to love to lick the tops of my feet when I got out of the shower. Does that count?

slick
03-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Max, my Persian, couldn't care less unless there is the smell of cooked chicken or turkey on my hands.

Prairie Purrs
03-25-2003, 04:31 PM
I've got two major-league lickers--one's longhaired but the other is a shorthair. Katie likes to lick my face to get me out of bed in the morning. Cricket (the shorthair) will lick my face, my hand, my arm, my leg. And she's serious about it--once she focuses on a spot, I have to call a halt before she removes a layer or two of skin.