PDA

View Full Version : Blood Work

HayleyRosie
03-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Hayley has an appointment to have some blood work done next Thursday. My vet suggested we have this done befor her Spay operation next Friday. (I'm a little afraid about that!) Have any of you guys had an experience where they found something in the blood work and the operation could not take place? Hayley appears very healthy I just have a fear that she will get sick. I don't know how I lived for six years without a cat in my life!

emily_the_spoiled
03-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I have had blood work done on Emily twice and everything has turned out alright. I suspect that the vet is just being overly cautious, but that is a good thing!!

Cheryl

slick
03-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Both Max and Speckles have had blood work done as well. Max is OK but for Speckles the blood work showed that her kidneys are starting to go - but then, she is 16 yrs old. I'm sure Hayley will be just fine.

neko1
03-20-2003, 05:51 PM
We do pre-op bloodwork on ALL animals both young and old. We've never really had any problems with the younger pets but the bloodwork is necessary to make sure of this. Some of the older pets could not go through with surgery either because of heart problems or some sort of infection which would have to be cleared first.
So don't worry, I'm sure the bloodwork will come back normal.:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-21-2003, 12:41 AM
I've had bloodwork done on my cats before and everything has turned out fine. I'm sure that Haley will be fine too. :)

HayleyRosie
03-21-2003, 05:57 AM
Thanks, I guess I'm just a little nervous about the whole thing. I don't know how I am going to drop Hayley off at the vet's office and then go to work. I wonder if the vet will let me stay at her office all day! I'm going to be a mess. I get sick to my stomach thinking about it. Then there is Mandy. How will she feel about being home by herself all day. She has never been by herself for any length of time. Maybe I should take a vacation day and stay home with Mandy. I don't know what I'm going to do. I think I will get my husband to go to the vets with Hayley. I don't think I will be able to drop her off and leave with dry eyes. Am I crazy?