PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy has diareah..*this is graphic*

Rocky'smomma
03-13-2003, 09:33 AM
and I called the vet to see what I should do, and she asked if she acted ok, and normal, that I shouldn't worry too much about it...she did it again, and it is like chocolate milk yall...she acts ok and all, but should I go ahead and take her in to be checked?? She hasn't eaten anything since, but I did see her eat this morning before I noticed that she had this going on...I watched her go in the litter box, and it looked like it freaked her out...she kept walking forward and going and lead a trail all around inside the litter box..she did it in both of them too..I just got through cleaning both of them out and everything so I just hope it isnt anything bad......please pray it isn't... her food has been the same since we brought her home almost exactly 2 weeks ago tomorrow.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Here is a link (http://www.fabcats.org/is36.html) to a page that discusses diarrhea in cats.

I guess I would keep an eye on her. If she continues to eat and drink that is a good sign, but if the diarrhea continues, I would get her to a vet ASAP.

Good luck, and let us know how the little cutie is doing. :)

K & L
03-13-2003, 10:05 AM
There are many causes of diarrhea, nervousness, parasites, infections, cancers, toxins, diet, and parasites. If this is persisting over a 48 hour period, it’s a good idea to have a vet check. Be careful of dehydration. Try and get a fresh stool sample to take to the vet.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Poor little Fluffy. :(

Keep and eye on her and keep us updated.

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Is she on any medication, like antibiotics? That is what cause my Amber's liquid diarrhea.

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2003, 01:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that she has diarrhea.:( I'd also watch her closely and make sure that she doesn't become dehydrated. Please keep us updated on her condition.

Rocky'smomma
03-14-2003, 12:06 PM
She is all better now..no more runs....anyway, I ended up taking Rocky in with her to get him weighed, and the last time he was weighed was back in December and he weigehd 4lbs even, now he weighs 11 lbs 4 oz....
I asked the vet if he was overweight, but she said he was just a big boy, not fat at all....I couldn't believe it! He wasn't too thrilled about the visit though,,if I would have known he was going to get so upset I probably wouldnt have took him in too..
It wasn't mandatory that he went, but I just wanted to see his weight....he hid in the back of the cage and wouldn't come out, so the vet had to reach in there from the neck because he tried to bite her...he growled and hissed the whole time..I feel so bad now putting him through that,,,,,as soon as she brought him back and put both kitties back in the cage together, Fluffy was loving on him like she was telling him everything's gonna be alright Rocky...What an experience.!..do your cats like the vet?? She is super nice and very sweet natured, but he just didn't like it at all.....
She did great though..she didn't cry out or anything...I think she remembers the vet there because that is where we picked her up at and they had her for a couple weeks before we brought her home with us....

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Rocky's Momma:

Great news that he's all better and is grow up healthy. I have a question, did Rocky and Fluffy get along before your vet trip?

I'm asking because we are having a super hard time getting Oliver to calm down and deal with the fact that we have four other cats. I've been thinking about a car ride, it works with bunnies. :)

slick
03-14-2003, 03:12 PM
So glad to hear that Fluffy is back to normal. Must have just been a bug in the tummy!

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Fluffy is all better now and that it wasn't anything serious. :)

smokey the elder
03-15-2003, 06:57 AM
In the summer sometimes my cats get the runs from the heat. I've had them tested, nothing is ever there, so I just clean boxes *pee-EWW!* and make sure they get enough water.

HayleyRosie
03-16-2003, 12:18 PM
I'm really happy that Fluffy is doing better.

tomkatzid
03-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Great that Fluffy is all better:)
Kelcee hates the vet too. Can't get her in the box to go there and then when we are there can't get her out of it:p

Rocky'smomma
03-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Rocky's Momma:

Great news that he's all better and is grow up healthy. I have a question, did Rocky and Fluffy get along before your vet trip?

Yes, they did get along great before I took them in.....It took just a couple hours after introducing them to each other, and they were best buds.... :)