PDA

View Full Version : Almost Spring...or is it?

HoRsELUvR
03-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Winter is supposed to end this month but I am still literally up to my knees in snow from the blizzard.We even had more snow yesterday and a few days before!At leaast we got a day off yesterday:) .Anyone else's area look like a far cry from Spring?

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-01-2003, 08:45 AM
We didn't get any snow this year...:( :(

I have seen a few blooms on the trees so.. I guess spring is trying to spring.... I am tired of the cold and RAIN!! It has rained sooo much this winter... for those that don't know.. GA has been in a drought for the past four years... and we have a really big lake here called Lake Lanier.. well it was down so low that my father-in-law couldn't even get his boat in it last summer... WELLLLLLL... it has rained so much.. I read in the paper the other day that Lake Lanier is full for the first time since 1998. :eek:

lovemyshiba
03-01-2003, 09:39 AM
ugh!! I know exactly how you feel!! We got the huge snowstorm, and a little more yesterday, and BIG SURPRISE--more today!! I am totally fed up with this weather--spring---PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neko1
03-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Spring? What's that?

everything is still covered in snow. It's still freezing cold here. I hate it.:mad:

Karen
03-01-2003, 11:55 AM
I said to Paul, well, now it's March, one step closer toward warmer weather for you ...

And he looked out the window at the piles of snow, looked at me, and said mournfully... "Do you think the snow will be gone in time for my birthday?" I assured him it would be gone by mid-August ...

But there's still a lot of frozen white stuff out there, and I still have my "Let it snow" snowman on the front door ...

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Karen

But there's still a lot of frozen white stuff out there, and I still have my "Let it snow" snowman on the front door ...
AHA!!!
That's the reason we're getting so much snow... It feels wanted!!!
Snowed every day here for a week. I don't remember what grass and flowers look like. HELP!:eek: :D

tomkatzid
03-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I pruned all the trees and mowed the grass today in 50' weather. No rain here in Seattle. Just blue sky. :D
Today anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings:eek:

HoRsELUvR
03-02-2003, 08:50 AM
50 degree weather?Ahhh...tropical paradise!I am also starting to forget how everything looks without snow and I too have been wondering if it will be gone by summer. Sara-I cannot imagine a world without snow at this time!you must be so lucky!Im sorry you didn't get any snow though.

tomkatzid
03-02-2003, 11:17 AM
All rain today. Back to basic Seattle weather. It's going to be a soggy dog walk:(

COCatMama
03-02-2003, 11:19 AM
it's rainy here today too :(

Pam
03-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Lots of rain here too. It is causing the snow to 'shrink' and exposing lots of little **hidden treasures** in the back yard. Oh what a fun time spring is when you are on pooper scooper patrol! :rolleyes:

COCatMama
03-02-2003, 11:46 AM
LoL Dog Mines
Luckily, I poop-scooped yesterday, nothing worse than rain-soaked dog mines ewww

momoffuzzyfaces
03-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I can't believe what I saw this morning. Poking threw the snow is leaves of a jonquil. Spring is coming!!! (I hope!!!)
Yipeeee!!:D

weiner_teddy
03-13-2003, 09:09 PM
We got blasted the other day with about 6 inches of snow, but now we are getting 50 degree weather!! I can't believe it, this is supposed to be MN, but it's all melting. I can't wait for horse show season to start though!!:D

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Last weekend I went to Virginia. Before I left I took a photo in my back yard.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p58a0b9a318299c6c2550220abeb86023/fc849d76.jpg

Then I took this photo in THomas Jefferson's back yard in Virginia...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p10f51c0dcd1cb154b16697292909c7ee/fc84a01f.jpg

It's Coming!!!!!!

Jessica12345
03-14-2003, 12:22 PM
agh! Im still up to my waist in snow! and then we got more yesterday:( :mad: i hate the snow. but the sun came out today! horray! Jordan "sunbathed" in front of the window all day with Jewels snuggled up to him. they are so adorible. lol hopefully the sun will melt the snow soon:rolleyes: :( :)

catland
03-14-2003, 12:27 PM
My daffodils in my back yard are in full bloom and gorgeous. Some of the decorative fruit trees, cherry, plum, apple, have their blossoms. (However, now the grass is beginning to grow, which means that mowing season is just around the corner:eek: )

So yes, spring is on the way, even if it takes a little longer to get to you.:)

Jessica12345
03-14-2003, 12:29 PM
oh how i envy you!:eek:

popcornbird
03-14-2003, 12:38 PM
The blossoms here are blooming,
The new leaves are growing

The waterfalls are gushing,
The rivers are flowing.

Spring is here,
Indeed spring in here.

For you the snow will stay
because you find it very dear.
But for us, all I can say.............
Is spring IS HERE! :)

lynnestankard
03-14-2003, 12:55 PM
We've had a beautiful day here today, gorgeous sunshine and a bit cold - but lovely. All the crocus's, snowdrops, daffodills etc cetc are out and looking so fresh and new - it's gorgeous. The blossoms are appearing on the trees and looking so pretty,
Sorry for the 'Snowy Folk' maybe it'll warm a little and melt the white stuff!

Lynne

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 02:40 PM
I don't know, here, it feels more like summer to me! Today, on my way home for lunch, it was already 78 degrees out and the last couple of days have been in the 70's to 80's around here. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I'm a little scared to go back home to Ohio at the end of the month for a couple of days. I'm going to have a real shock when I see that weather again! AHHHHH