PDA

View Full Version : Supplies

shais_mom
11-08-2001, 12:36 AM
I know LabLover started a topic a while back about supplies to get for your new puppy and I printed those off. Does anyone have anything to add to it?
I can't find it to bring it up, so this will have to do. :(

RachelJ
11-08-2001, 05:43 AM
Make sure you have plenty of paper towels for soaking up accidents. LOL

Other than that I would I have the small kong to start with and some smaller yet durable stuffies and a few little nylabones. Don't forget your little collar or harness. They grow so quickly, you might want to get the next size up as well. Decide what you are going to use for training treats as a food reward can be a great way to help her focus. You want these to be a very small size. My best tip is to have several extra long leashes (15 ft. 20 ft. and even 50 ft.) not the retractable ones, just ordinary long leashes. They might be called training leashes. These give the pup a chance to run and get a distance from you for pottying. The 50 ft. ones can be a little cumbersome to manuever until you get the hang of it and if you aren't careful the dog can tie you up in a knot :rolleyes: but I wouldn't raise a puppy without these.

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

Pam
11-08-2001, 06:01 AM
I remember this shopping trip well. We hadn't actually planned to bring Bella home the day we went to look at her, but those eyes......

We got home around 8:00 p.m. and made a late night trip to Walmart and picked up a gate and a crate. The breeder was kind enough to supply us with some food to get started, a bone and a stuffie. Within a week I was PetsMart's most valuable customer, choosing toy after toy and loving every minute!

SimbaTWonderDog
11-08-2001, 07:31 AM
As Rachel was talking about training snackies....... What i do is i have 2 different boxes of snackies..... when i get a box of snackies i seperate them... I have 2 different jar in which one i put full milk bones in and then in the other i put ones that i break up and use thoose as training treats.. Also on the side we have like lil baggies of snacks just incase we are in a hurry we just need to grab one and run out the door..... and we have a lil bag of food and a waterbottle ready!

Dixieland Dancer
11-08-2001, 01:05 PM
Here is the link that LabLover started a while ago on supplies.

Pet Supplies List (http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=001180)

Isn't it exciting waiting for the new baby to come home?

Golden Smiles
11-08-2001, 01:43 PM
How exciting Staci!! :D If no-one mentions it....odor eliminater!! So da wittle baby doesn't smell the spot again!! I CAN"T WAIT!!

Daisy's Mom
11-08-2001, 04:54 PM
I am so excited for you Staci!!! The countdown has begun ;)