PDA

View Full Version : About Gabe's medical condition

sasvermont
02-13-2003, 02:07 PM
http://www.fabcats.org/is35.html

This article sums up what Gabe was diagnosed with.....and the Vet said his heart was twice the size it should be and the outlook was not good at all... so off he went...

SAS

catland
02-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Thanks for sharing SAS. It sure is spooky to realize that any of our kitties could have this and we probably wouldn't know about it.

I imagine that it must seem pretty quiet around your house right now.:(

Thank-you for sharing so much of Gabe's life with us.

neko1
02-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info. My friends cat had the same thing and was also taken from her way to early. It's really sad.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

momoffuzzyfaces
02-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this. Leroy had congestive heart failure. I didn't even know there was a problem. I took him in for a check up because he seemed to be loosing weight. He had lost 3 pounds but was a big cat - 15 pounds. They then heard the heart murmur. 3 weeks later, it had progressed so he could not breathe easy. Probably, fluid on his lungs. This confirms my and my vets opinion that he would only get worse. I'm even surer now that I did the right thing sending him on.

02-14-2003, 09:57 AM
This is indeed a very tricky disease :( :( !
Our Sydney died because he had the hyperthrofhic kind ...! So sad ...:(
I hope you will be able to get over this huge loss , Sas , it is so hard to cope with ...! Cat with this usually die MUCH to early in their young lifes ...!
Take care!

krazyaboutkatz
02-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks for sharing this info with us. I've bookmarked it for future reference. Hopefully I'll never need to refer to it.

sasvermont
02-15-2003, 05:00 PM
http://www.ragdoll-cats.com/Cardio.htm

I feel so much more at ease, knowing this.

I still miss Gabe so much!

Barbara
02-16-2003, 05:15 AM
Again one of these diseases that occur more often in a special breed. A good mix is the best regarding health. Tigris as son of 2 very different breeds has never had one of the health problems that Filou showed from time to time. He did not even get his brother's infections.

But I understand it is good to know that there was nothing you cold have noticed earlier.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Wow, that's interesting that it would show up more in long hair cats, and more in males than in females.

Thanks for the link SAS. It's just so sad that you had to find all this out after it was too late for Gabe. :( But hopefully this will alert others out there so they can be more aware and hopefully catch it before it gets too bad.