PDA

View Full Version : I need a GOOD dog bed

lovemyshiba
02-13-2003, 10:13 AM
We bought 2 beds from Petco, just the pillow kind, that zipper around so we can wash the outside. Well, Abbey has destroyed the zipper on both of them, and is starting to tear out the inside, so we need new ones. I know I can buy Chew proof beds, but they are soooooo expensive--anyone have any recommendations for anything else??

Tanya&Fritz
02-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Sorry, I don't have any. Nothing is chew proof in my house :D

Cheshirekatt
02-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Our Mastiff George ate everything.....including the deck! Eek! So I bought a bed from Fosters & Smith that was guaranteed to be chew proof.....they'll totally replace it if your dog chews it up. It has a hidden zipper and washable cover and replaceable shavings inside. So far so good and I currently have a mixture of either pitbull, mastiff, hounds and boxers!

wolf_Q
02-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Nebo's bed is from Costco....it was only around $13.99...he has not hurt it at all! Surpising, as he's the stuffed animal killer of the world! He seems more interested in laying on it then chewing on it, but I'm sure if he chewed on it he'd kill it...and if I left him alone with it, he'd chew it.

I wish I had something I could put in his crate for him to sleep on. He'll murder ANYTHING I put in there.

Maybe you can try those chew-proof dog beds....in the long run, since they replace them....it's better then buying beds all the time....

sammi
02-13-2003, 09:57 PM
I have the same problem!! Abby has chewed up 5 dog beds since last summer! The last 3 we paid $39 each for. I don't know what to do either. I have tried to fix them but they are beyond that point and the zippers are chewed all up. How much do the chew proof ones cost? I don't know if my husband will let me buy anymore!

Amy. Give Nebo a old sweatshirt to sleep with. They are cozy and don't chew up easy.

lovemyshiba
02-13-2003, 10:03 PM
I can't remember how much they are, but it's not the bed she chews, just the zipper!!

I think I am also on probation for spending any more money on the dogs right now

Cheshirekatt
02-13-2003, 10:15 PM
I think the I bought was like $199......but I bought the really big one. :) And when I ordered it I specifically asked the guy if it was "guaranteed" and he assured me it was.

RubyMutt
02-13-2003, 10:57 PM
You should check out Drs. Foster & Smith. They offer a ton of different types of beds, and I think some are chew proof. Although, I'm not sure how pricey they are :rolleyes:
(If you don't already know, Drs. Foster & Smith's URL is www.drsfostersmith.com) :)

wolf_Q
02-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by sammi

Amy. Give Nebo a old sweatshirt to sleep with. They are cozy and don't chew up easy.

I'll have to try that...though with Nebo, *anything* chews up easy. What I had in there before was this nice, thick, big beach towel.....it is now in itty bitty pieces in the garbage.