PDA

View Full Version : Bear, our RB kitty, a tribute

jenluckenbach
02-09-2003, 01:48 PM
This is Bear, lovingly called "Bear Bear". He was in need of a new home at the age of 5. Want to know why? Because, and I quote the old owners, "He goes outside and gets fleas!" Well, i never had a problem. Well, except for the fact that he was suppose to be a foster and ended up staying with us for 15 years. Yes, that is right, he lived to be 20.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pa347d137b995963bc2fa918c8cd6b500/fca999f5.jpg

moosmom
02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Jen,

I will say it again "I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!"

I am so sorry you had to lose Bear. Bear's former owners were clueless. I'm so glad that you had 15 wonderful years with him. And he was so very lucky to have to in his life.

Rest In Peace Precious Bear Bear. Give "moochies" to Casey, aka "Bubba" from his Mama and tell him I miss him terribly.

Vermontcat
02-09-2003, 02:04 PM
What a beautiful black Bear! 20 years is great! I can tell you loved him.
When I go to the shelter and read the lame excuses for giving up the pets it really makes me mad. You know there is a cure for fleas! I am glad you gave him a happy home.:)

zippy-kat
02-09-2003, 05:49 PM
What a beautiful, long-lived kitty. I'm so glad he made his way into your home and hearts!

krazyaboutkatz
02-10-2003, 12:44 AM
He sure was a gorgeous cat. I'm also glad that you were able to give him a happy and loving home for 15 years.:) May you rest in peace Bear.

Ann
02-10-2003, 03:17 AM
He was so beautiful. I'm glad he got away from those horrible owners and got such a long and great life with you :)

catmandu
02-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Of course if you let a cat go out , and dont buy a colllar it is going to get fleas ! That is like the people that return a pet because it got biggerr! But Thank God you wre there to give this Big Bear of a cat such a wonderful home for so many years. Bear is waitting for you at the Rb with hugs and kisses! Gary , Cats And Cat Angel Army!:cool: :cool:

marysmerrycats
02-10-2003, 06:09 PM
well at least they didn't just let the kitty go, they brought him to someplace.
but I agree, how totally uncaring, oh cat has fleas, lets dump him! I would hate to see what they would do if their kid got lice.
it makes me mad too, because, animals are so loving, and are living beings. they shouldn't be used as disposable entertainment!
well good for you,Jen, for taking in the kitty.

shais_mom
02-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Bear was gorgeous!! I love black kitties.
I am so glad you had him for so long. What a wonderful life he had.

02-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Waw , such a shiny fur !! Are all black cats like this ?? My Sydney was like that too , although he had dandruff ...!