49%

conceal evidence against Bush position:

58%

Who do you trust more on Iraq?

Powell:

63%

Bush:

24%

"How many articles will we read in the days to come devoted to these stunning figures that tell us nothing less than: "America doesn't trust George W. Bush"?

How many prominent journalists will reference the deficient, dishonest Bush character that is "shining" through to the public, despite the vigorousness with which the mainstream media have attempted to prop him up?"

Ann
02-05-2003, 03:00 AM
Wow, that's a big percentage that doesn't belive him! Interesting...

I wonder how many of those even know of the (ex)secret blueprints...

Another poll that I've found highly interesting is this (http://www.time.com/time/europe/gdml/peace2003.html) one. It's a poll run by Time magazine, asking which country people see as the biggest threat to world peace; Iraq, the USA or North Korea. Right now the USA is leading with 84,4%.

Fuzzy317
02-05-2003, 03:26 AM
I agree, I would trust Powell much more than I trust Bush :(

Chinadoll
02-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Interesting....

Also, just an FYI..at the bottom of the TIME Poll in small print:

NOTE: This is an unscientific, informal survey for the interest and enjoyment of TIME.com users and may not be indicative of popular opinion.

Enjoyment?! What an adjective to use!

mugsy
02-05-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm with you Scott, I trust Powell a lot more than I trust Bush. Also, if these were Time readers that would be poll that would lean left as more liberals than conservatives read that particular magazine, so I would expect those kinds of responses, just like I would expect the results to be exactly the opposite if the poll had been taken by the Wall Street Journal.

zippy-kat
02-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I agree, I would trust Powell much more than I trust Bush :(

Me three!

popcornbird
02-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Me three!

Me four! :D:D:D

lizbud
02-05-2003, 02:02 PM
This poll interesting?, No not really.

What is interesting, to me at least, is that you never post
about pets or animals ever. Aren't animals interesting
enough for you? Or is it that they won't argue/debate with
you ?

mugsy
02-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Good point Liz, but I like a good debate, but I love to talk about my animals too....gee...do you think that it's because I have 20 rescue poochies?? ;) :D

lizbud
02-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Molly,

I know you do.:D But you do post on pet topics as well.

mugsy
02-05-2003, 03:50 PM
that's a true statement, although right now I'm about to decrease the number by one is Sox doesn't stop barking!! hehehehe J/K!!

My poochies are better company than most humans and I can rant about politics to them and they just lick me to death! lol If I argue with Mike on politics then I don't get total agreement! hehehehe

Miss Meow
02-05-2003, 03:55 PM
What's the opinion on Rumsfeld in the USA? He was lying his butt off on TV last night and I nearly laughed at how bad he was :eek:

Soledad
02-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Miss Meow - I'd like to see another poll on Rumsfeld and Ashcroft. While we're at it, why not Cheney? They all very easily lie through their teeth.

Miss Meow
02-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh yes, forgot about Cheney, he needs some lessons in credible bullsh*tting too :)

Our Prime Minister, John Howard, is an absolute joke. I've known for months that we were preparing to support a USA-led strike as I know some people preparing our not-so-large fleet of ships, but little Johnny is still taking over our TV screens at night, spewing rhetoric that a peaceful solution is still the priority and Australia did NOT enter a secret agreement with the USA last October (oh hello again, but the document saying Australia DID was found earlier this week ...)

I don't mind not knowing all the truth as some information needs to be used strategically, but constant lying, I am over it.

Soledad
02-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Miss Meow, we have plenty of fun with your John Howard over here in NZ. We find it very interesting how willing he is to whore out his army while the US will likely give him nothing in return or little acknowledgment.

Ah, well, we can't all have Helen Clark's running our countries...

:)

mugsy
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Don't you know that it's a required class for politicians...Lying 101? I don't know ANY politician that is totally honest and doesn't have an agenda.

Miss Meow
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Miss Meow, we have plenty of fun with your John Howard over here in NZ. ...
:)

But you don't have to live with him!

The opposition is just as weak as him, but Jenny Macklin, who is deputy leader of Labor, may be a strong and effective leader when she gets her chance. (I've never voted for a major party but she's catching my eye.)

And Tony Blair prattling on about the 'New Europe' because two of the traditional European superpowers (Germany and France) don't want to play ball with him. I don't think he mentioned exactly who comprised the New Europe (maybe he hasn't rounded them up yet or maybe our news service didn't deem it important enough for us to know).

Soledad
02-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Well, don't worry Miss Meow, I've had it worse than Howard....I've had Bush!

Yes, the Australian Labor party is in a bit of a bind. Just like the Democrats in the States.

I think Tony Blair has just succeeded in proving that "the third way" is a major failure with the shenanigans he's been conducting. I'm amazed with his behaviour and very disappointed.

Miss Meow
02-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Don't you know that it's a required class for politicians...Lying 101? I don't know ANY politician that is totally honest and doesn't have an agenda.

I agree with you there. We seem to expect a certain level of lying, but this seems to have escalated during discussions about the Iraq situation. Maybe they're allowed to lie more during these times, or we are meant to tolerate more, I don't know. Maybe I should leave the TV off and take the cats for a walk :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
02-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Maybe I should leave the TV off and take the cats for a walk :rolleyes:

I've seriously considered the same thing. However, I want to have some information at the same time. I won't comment on all this war stuff because I'm seriously underinformed... mostly because I don't want to hear it. I know I should, but it's just too sad.