PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ashamed And Ill

Corinna
01-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Ok I really am angry this morning. They had a hung jury on the collie trial. One person actually had the guts to see though the smoke and lies put on by the defense. He turned it into her needeing them to breed out eye diseases. NOT that she almost KILLED 180 animals.
I don't ask very often for help but please lets e-mail ,call and write the Great Falls tribune , the proscuting atterny to Please retry the case . If you have info or photos of her place in Alaska to prove she is unable to care properly for these animals. http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20030130/localnews/881217.html
Toole county Att. Merle Raph.

Dixieland Dancer
01-30-2003, 12:46 PM
I guess I missed something. What are you referring to with the Collie trial? :confused:

iceyshiver21
01-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Ill send a ketter when i get home, i think i know what your talking aabout but im not sure.

Corinna
01-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Sorry I forgot so many new people and I have posted this in the Dog general before. The border custom agents on Halloween arrested this idot for Alaska moving to Az with 180 collie and sheltys plus 8 cats. They were crammed t or more to a crate in a small in closed cargo truck. 1 dog was dead, alitter of pups born and 3 died. they were not fed or watered. Some one had sent a web link of the conditons of here breeding place in Alaska. It was horrible, in fact the woman didn't even buy a dog, she just flew back to Europe (i think) with jsut the photos. The state of Montana is charging her and her husband with 180 counts of animal neglect. The county has with the help of lots of caring volenteers have been caring for and getting the poor babies back to health. They have been in the sheep barn at the local fair grounds.
I just can't beleive 5 people who call them selves Montana's could be so stupid. They fell for the defends ploy of changing the facts of the trial.
This has promted the state to work on some stronger animal laws here. I see Idaho has a simuliar case at hand too.

Cookiebaker
01-30-2003, 05:55 PM
:eek: What really bothered me was this quote:
You must decide: Are these dogs fit and safe with her? If they are, then she must get them back." So those jurors thought that those dogs were "fit and safe" with a person that didn't have time to feed....didn't take the time to clean out the cages....didn't bother to exercise them...etc. etc. etc.????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!:mad:

Crikit
01-30-2003, 05:57 PM
They had a write up about it this morning in the local paper...all the dog people that i know of here in Calgary have been following it very closely as well, just because it's so close to us and it involved so many dogs. In fact one of the guys from the training centre drove down to the states to help groom them, he got back and said they were a complete mess. Hate the trial news, it really sucks.

Corinna
01-31-2003, 11:54 AM
Crikit where are you located? I live in Columbia Falls Mt.With the weather I have been unable to go but have been fallowing it too. sicking how the defense att. got the whole trail mixed up on the focus of why she was being charged.

Crikit
01-31-2003, 02:03 PM
I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. So from what I understand it was a three or four hour drive each way from where the dogs are located. I now what you mean and think they should have a retrial. They can't let a person like that get away with hurting so many animals. If they get away with it once they're most likely to try to do it again.

Cinder & Smoke
02-18-2003, 05:04 PM
MSNBC.com has a nice writeup on the Many Volunteers who come on a daily basis to help with the care and feeding of the impounded Collies & Cats at the Shelby, Montana, Fairgrounds...

MSNBC story about "Camp Collie"... (http://www.msnbc.com/news/874161.asp?0cv=CB20)

moosmom
02-18-2003, 05:19 PM
I the results of the second trial will be different. And I pray that those animals get great homes with loving families. As far as the loathsome breeders are concerned, they should be put out of business and have no contact with ANY animal whatsoever!! :mad:

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 05:30 PM
:mad: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: People make me so mad! im surprised that even some lived! i am praying they find good homes. but it might be hard!:( 180?! :mad: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna rescue them all!:(