PDA

View Full Version : Neko's in the hospital

neko1
01-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Last night he threw up more fluid all over the place and this morning he still had no interest in his food. So now he's with Dr. Sova and my friends. We took blood (the results should be in tonight), gave him subcutaneous fluids, gave him Barrium and took x-rays. The barrium is passing through him so that's a good sign that he doesn't have a foreign object. So either he is just a little sick or if the blood work comes back normal then i don't know whats wrong.

catland
01-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Neko - get well soon. We'll be thinking of you.

lynnestankard
01-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Oh poor Neko - wishing you a Big Get Well Soon - lots of cuddles and nose kissies winging there way to you.

Lynne

hellostranger
01-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Oh Neko! :( I hope you are feeling better very soon! Poor baby...we're thinking of you!

Nomilynn
01-29-2003, 02:04 PM
You are in my prayers!

tatsxxx11
01-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Sending healing prayers for little Neko. Get well soon, sweetie. {{{hugs}}} Sandra, Oliver and Mr. B

Barbara
01-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear that -up to now I really hoped it was not so enigmatic than some of the other sick kitties -we have a lot here at the moment.

We keep fingers and paws crossed.

Randi
01-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad Neko! :( We hope the vet and your mum can sort it out quickly. Best wishes for a speedy recovery - without too many tests and medicine.

Get well soon, sweet Neko! :)

hugs and kisses from us,
Fister & his mum

Russian Blue
01-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Your very lucky to be able to take him to such a great vet!! Get well soon Neko!!

;)

NoahsMommy
01-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Poor baby!!!!

I'm glad that he is able to be with you during the day at least.

jenluckenbach
01-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh no, poor Neko. You get better real quick, now, you hear!

ChrisH
01-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Poor Neko :( Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you to get better real soon sweetie.

Chris

momoffuzzyfaces
01-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Poor Neko! Prayers are on the way and the boys all have their paws crossed that you are better and home again real soon.

Tina
01-29-2003, 03:44 PM
I really hope that Neko gets better soon. Poor boy:( He will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Oh no! Poor Neko. :( Soooo many upset tummies here lately. :(

Here's hoping it's nothing serious and he's back home and all better real soon. :)

neko1
01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Update:
Neko's bloodwork came back perfect. The barrium also passed through him with no problems. He hasn't vomited all day today. He's on pepcid and sucrafate. Hopefully I can try to feed him tomorrow morning when I go to work. I really hope I can bring him home tomorrow night, but if he still doesn't want anything to eat, I have a feeling Dr. Sova isn't gonna let me take him home. He doesn't like to send any animal home that doesn't eat.
Please eat for me neko.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Neko, be a good boy and eat for your mommy. Then you can go back home and be with your brothers all day instead of at the durn white coats. Even though your mommy is there all day wouldn't it be nicer to be at home...snoozing next to that nice warm space heater....

:)

slick
01-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh no, Neko please get well! Your mommie and friends are so worried about you so please try to eat something, even a nibble will do! You need your strength.

Good news about the blood test and barrium but what could be wrong? I hope the Vet finds out soon!

Love and prayers

slick
max & speckles

Vermontcat
01-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Neko, I hope you feel better soon so Cookie can have her favorite snuggle buddy back home to snuggle with.:)

neko1
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Neko, I hope you feel better soon so Cookie can have her favorite snuggle buddy back home to snuggle with.:)

She is so lost without him!

trisha0503
01-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Sad to hear Neko is sick :( I hope he gets better soon .. I feel so sad, there are so may furbabies that are sick right now , even in the Dog Section:( I know how hard it is for us 'parents' when any of our furkid is not feeling well.

Please get well son precious Neko :( You're in my thoughts sweetie ...

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Oh poor Neko. :( I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick now too. I sure hope that the doctor can find out what's wrong with you and that it's nothing serious. Please start eating so your mommy can take you home. All fingers and paws are crossed here.

koxka
01-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Sorry to heard about Keko is not well.:(
Is so bad to have a ill kitty, if only they could speak.....

Two weeks ago Iuri wasn't eating at all and being very apathetic ,even he was loosing his fur. We took him to the vet , he got a check , got blood testing etc... nothing appeared to be wrong :( . We gave him two rounds of intravenous fluids with enrofloxacin in it, one at the vet office and another at home in the evening ( we are getting quite experienced on it)...and he felt Ok again in no time. :D

Good look to you Neko !

01-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Sweet Neko , now you listen to me Maya : pleez start eating real fast and good , or else your mommy won't let ye come to my party ... I want you here Neko , PPPEEELLLLLEEEEZZZZ!!!

smokey the elder
01-30-2003, 08:00 AM
Poor Neko! Could he have developed a food allergy? Cat food makers are always messing with the formulations and put different synthetics and naturals in them all the time.

Please get better, little Neko!

HayleyRosie
01-30-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Neko is not feeling well. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Cataholic
01-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Poor Neko! (and meowmie, daddy, and other furkids, too!!). I hope the white coat determines what is making you not eat! You need your strenght...can't you eat a little bit, please? Hugs and kisses and best wishes to you, Neko!!

ramanth
01-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Eat for mommy Neko! She misses you and wants to take you home.

*hugs*

I hope he gets better soon.

NoahsMommy
01-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Poor baby boy. I hope you feel better soon and start eating your food little one.

Neko's mommy. Is there such a thing as an upset tummy or tummy flu in a cat? Like humans?