PDA

View Full Version : My First Headbumpies!!

All Creatures Great And Small
01-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Okay, I admit that when I have read about headbumpies on this board, I have been extremely jealous because I have never received one from my kitty. He's a sweetie-pie, and he purrs when he's on my lap, gives me "eye kisses" (that squinty-eyed look), rubs my legs when he's getting fed, but never a headbumpie. Well, this morning when I sat down to check in on Pet Talk, he did his usual routine of leaping from the floor to the top of the computer chair (it's one of those taller ones). Generally he then walks down my chest onto my lap, but today he just stayed on top of the chair. Then, I felt him rubbing against me, so I looked up to see if maybe he had lost his balance or something, but he was deliberately rubbing his head against mine, and did it several times, while purring and giving me the eye kisses. I WAS IN HEAVEN! It's probably the first and last time he'll do it, but at least now I can die happy. ;) :D ;)
Sigh........kitties are so wonderful..............:)

01-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Oooh!! WONDERFUL !!
Isn't that the best feeling in the world , a kitty giving ye head-bumpies , nose & eye-kisses :cool: :cool: :cool:
I am not feeling well again , and it is as if my kitties know it :confused: ;they come a give me those bumpies all the time today ! Aren't cats the sweatest creatures in the whole world:) :) :)

Russian Blue
01-29-2003, 09:12 AM
Yeayyyyy....Are they not the greatest warmest sign of affection!!!

I've been really fortunate to have Nakita who is over affectionate. I guess this made up for all the time my family's Siamese cat was less than affectionate!

Enjoy!

*****Hope you feel better Lut! I'm sure your 'nurses' will make you better soon!

;)

Vio&Juni
01-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Don't loose your faith, ACGAS, he'll give you more, this was a teaser. You'll ask for more, he'll give you more. Juni (who looks a lot like your Dudley, btw), gave me her first headbumpy when she was almost 2 years old (she'll be 3 on May 5). Now, when I come from work, it's a routine :D

lynnestankard
01-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Great news ACGAS!! I bet he will give more headbumpies now he's learnt how to!!! I adore headbumpies and nose kissies :D :D

Lynne

ramanth
01-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Congrats! :D

Zam will get up on top of the fridge and when I greet her, she'll rub her little head against mine. I love it!

HayleyRosie
01-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on the Headbumpies! Hayley gives them to me all the time along with her happy feet! I love it!:)

Lut, I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Barbara
01-29-2003, 12:21 PM
It was not before this year that Tigris started to sleep on my lap (he's 6 now). He only does it in one chair, but now he'll sleep on the lap of anybody who is sitting in that chair.

So there is a good probability for daily headbumpies:) :)

Enjoy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Tubby is the big head bumper in our house. He does it all the time! And he has his evening routine. Terry will be sitting on the end of the couch, I'll be sitting in the "cave" (the corner of the pit couch) and Tubby must - and I mean he absolutely must do this - bump on Terry's leg while I pat his butt. The bumping doesn't work unless the butt is patted. When I stop, he'll come over and bump on me to get me to start patting his butt again, and when I do he'll turn around and start bumping on Terry again. It's so funny.

But like I said, he'll bump anytime - when he's out in the garage with Terry, when I'm trying to get ready in the morning, when I'm getting his treats and medicine ready, before going to bed, first thing in the morning.... He's such a good bumper. :)

Peanut has never head bumped anyone that I know of. She's just not a bumper.

Congratulations ACGAS, you've officially been accepted into the class of beings worthy of being head bumped by your kitty. Hopefully it will continue for a long long time. :)

Cataholic
01-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Of all the things I notice about cats, I never really noticed the headbumping v. non head bumping. Tex doesn't bump. He paws alot, but, no bump. Tenny is a junior bulldozer. He bumps so hard I spill the liquid in the cup I may be holding. Tenny bumps anything. Dakky bumps a little, and I love it when he bumps the other kitties. (They don't seem to 'love' it). Allie and Georgie both nudge more than bumps, know what I mean? Sometimes, Allie gets under my hand, and lifts it up! I don't know what Minnie will do...

ACGAS- I am glad you are now being bumped. It is such a neat feeling!

Lut, sorry you aren't well. Many bumps to you from Maya and Inky-pinky.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Tenny is a junior bulldozer. He bumps so hard I spill the liquid in the cup I may be holding. Tenny bumps anything.

I knew there was a reason I like Tenny. :)

zippy-kat
01-29-2003, 01:49 PM
:D congrats on your first headbumpie, ACGS! lol

ChrisH
01-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Oh, that is wonderful!! May there be many more bumpies to come:D

Chris

Fuzzy317
01-29-2003, 05:29 PM
That brought a smile to my face, a face thats not been smiling a lot lately. :)

rosethecopycat
01-30-2003, 07:38 AM
My mother-in-law took me over to her friend's house to meet her Aby yesterday.

I got down on the floor and the Aby, Sundance, gave me bumpies, kisses, almost climbed up my nose, and licked my hair and put his paws in my hair to adjust my hairstyle.

Those Abys are a barrel of fun! Maybe I should get Snowy an Aby?

Is there a Aby rescue site?

jenluckenbach
01-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Dudley, you did a good thing!!!!!

Congratualtions ACG&S. Isn't it wonderful how they an bring such joy.

AmberLee
01-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Congratulations! What a great feeling! Hope it's the start of a ton more.