PDA

View Full Version : Krinkles went to the RB today :(

Nomilynn
01-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Today our VERY old boy went to the RB. He was almost 20 years old. He lived with my mom and dad, but I had him since I was 2 years old. The past few days my mom noticed that he was restless, wasn't sleeping, and was crying all the time. Also, he wasn't eating or drinking, but he was pooping on the floor and peeing (in the litter) a LOT with no fluids going in. This morning he sneezed blood and couldn't breath very well. He had no immune system left, and caught colds all the time, but lately, he would just throw up the antibiotics and it wasn't helping him. So, my mom and I made the decision that it was time for him to end his suffering.

Krinkles got his name because, as a kitten, he had krinkled up whiskers. My mom said it looked like someone had used one of those hair crimpers on them. I never noticed, but then I was only 2 and didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. He was a tabby/siamese cross, and his yowling certainly proved his siamese heritage! He LOVED attention, and I was able to put him in doll clothes, carry him in a baby buggy, make him dance, hold him upside-down - and he would just purr and lap up all the attention. He was a real lover-boy.

The last time I saw him was at Christmas, and I felt in my heart that his time was almost up. He looked tired and was really skinny. My dad said that today, when he took him to be PTS, he was only about 4lbs. He should have been at least 8.5lbs - he used to be a big, strong muscular cat. I thank god that I have some pictures of him - unfortunatly they are still on the role. But I will let you see them as soon as they are published!

As some of you know, my grandma passed away a year ago this past November. Today would have been her 85th birthday. Now, Krinkles and her can celebrate together and eat lots of cheezies and Doritos, a favourite for them both.

So rest in peace and comfort, Kinky-Stinky. Tell Nanny I say hi and happy birthday, and please, please, please party it up at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Krinkles: July 12, 1983 - January 27, 2003

All Creatures Great And Small
01-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh, Nomilynn, I'm so sorry for you and your parents, but what a lovely story about Krinkles. He had a good, long life with people who loved him, and you made a good decision to end his suffering. He is probably having QUITE a party up there at the Rainbow Bridge with Grandma and the Doritos! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh, Nomilynn
how I know what you are going through. I had to make that decision for my Leroy two days before Thanksgiving last year. We have to put their welfare ahead of ourselves and I'm sure you did the kindest most loving thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Krinkles and Leroy meet at the RB and swap embarrasing stories about us.
HUGS

Logan
01-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Naomi, I am sad for the loss you and your family have experienced, but what a wonderful life you can celebrate! 20 years with Krinkles and he was always loved. Isn't that terrific?? Please know that I am grieving with you. He was part of your family, and regardless of how long they live, it is always hard to lose them.

Logan

lizbud
01-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Rest in peace sweet Krinkles.:( You were a well loved &
treasured friend to your family. Have a wonderful ,painfree
romp over Rainbow Bridge.

slick
01-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm crying as I read this. After everything you've been going through with little Bassett and now this! My heart aches for you. But 20 years, what a life! Thank God Krinkles was one of the fortunate ones to have found a happy and loving home. Rest in peace, Krinkles for now you are no longer in pain. You can run and play with all your friends up there and Gran too!

luv
slick
max & speckles

moosmom
01-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Naomi,

I am so sorry to hear about Krinkles. With all you've been through with Bassett, I can only imagine how difficult it's been for you. Hang in there girl. You know you can call anytime.

((((hugs)))))

RockyRoad
01-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Naomi, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad Krinkles got a long life with his loving family. Thank God he has Grandma to keep him company on the RB, and that he is free from the pain. I will light a candle for Krinkles tonight. I'm sure he is having a huge party with Grandma right now!
Britt & the fur/finkids

jenluckenbach
01-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Krinkles, you had a wonderful life. Please be happy at the RB. Everyone will miss you but they all know that you are healthy now and running free of any pain that age might have given you. 20 years is quite a long time to have been able to bring happiness to your family. Rest in peace.

mom of 6 cats
01-27-2003, 08:35 PM
that was a wonderful story and tribute to Krinkles! it sounds like he was a very wonderful kitty for you to grow up with! I had a dog as a child that would let me dress her up...

I'm sure Krinkles had a wonderful, happy life, and is now happy at the RB.

kimlovescats
01-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Rest in peace, Sweet Krinkles!

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear about Krinkles passing. :( It sure sounds like he was a wonderful cat and he had a loving home for 20 years. Now he can play and be healthy again at RB. Rest in peace sweet Krinkles.

trisha0503
01-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Naomi,

I'm so sorry for your loss... :( Just think about the good times that you've shared with Krinkles ... YOu've given him so much love all throughout his life, and this will remain in his heart even when he's gone...

You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers...

God bless,
Rosebel

AmberLee
01-28-2003, 12:34 AM
Rest in peace, sweet Krinkles.

What a wonderful life he shared with your family. And a great tribute to your love.

{{{Naomi and family}}}

I can imagine him springing fast and far at the RB with his refound youth. He sounds like a real treasure.

Barbara
01-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Naomi,
I'm so sorry for your loss. But an the other hand the story of his life is a wonderful story and this story will be in your heart forever.

Miss Meow
01-28-2003, 04:00 AM
What an honour to spend such a large part of your life with Krinkles. Rest in peace sweet boy.

wayne0214
01-28-2003, 05:14 AM
Naomi, I know how difficult it is to loose a pet, especially one that you grew up with, and for almost 20 years! It is the same as loosing a beloved family member. :(

............wayne

Vio&Juni
01-28-2003, 05:26 AM
A great story of a cat - childhood friend. I am sorry for your loss.

neko1
01-28-2003, 05:29 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Krinkles. Maybe Krinkles and your grandmother can stop by and see my grandmother (she died march 02)
Glad to know that Krinkles lived a long life and was very loved.

HayleyRosie
01-28-2003, 05:36 AM
Naomi, I am so sorry to hear about Krinkles passing. I'm sure Krinkles is much happier at the Rainbow Bridge. No more pain and suffering. You are in my thoughts today.

rosethecopycat
01-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Krinkles-

You did a good job here, and made the peoples very happy. Have fun being young and strong, you good boy.

Godspeed to the bridge.

catlady1945
01-28-2003, 08:23 AM
We are sorry for your loss. Take heart in giving Krinkles a loving home for so many years.

smokey the elder
01-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss of Krinkles. You gave him such a great life. Thank you for sharing a little bit of that life with us.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-28-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Krinkles, especially when you're going through so much with Bassett. He was most certainly a special kitty to let you dress him up and play with him like you did. I think that is so neat when cats let kids play with them like that. :D Krinkles led a good, long, very loved life, and I'm certain he is enjoying his Doritos and cheezies with your Grandma.

Rest in Peace sweet Krinkles. (that is such a cute name!)

catmandu
01-28-2003, 09:46 AM
we at the lost cat wish to extend our sincere condolences at the passing of Krinkles the cat and your Dear Grandmother. 20 years is a good long life for a cat , and he lived them wity guardians that loved him . I am sure that the Cat Angels will have lots of snacks for Granmotherr and Krinkles , who is not gone , just scouting out places when you come to join him in Heaven.

Cataholic
01-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Naomi,
I am so sorry for you and your parent's pain for the loss of Krinkles. I know he is at RB, with your gran, and all of our furkids that have passed, having the bestest of times. You will continue to be in my prayers.
{{{{HUG}}}}}}}
Johanna

ramanth
01-28-2003, 10:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Krinkles. :(

My RB pets will be there to greet him.

My sympathies.

hellostranger
01-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Rest in peace, little Krinkles. Thank you for making Naomi so happy for so many years. And keep an eye out for my Nutley, who went to the RB three years ago...she loves cheezits, too.

Laura

Russian Blue
01-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Rest easy Krinkles!! Love the name and the story behind the name!

I was in a similar situation to you 2 years ago. My family pet was a Siamese girl named Kissa. I got her when I was 5 and she lived to the ripe old age of 23! The two of us were inseparable and I miss her dearly!

It is hard to lose any pet, but it is really hard to lose one which you have had from such a young age.

Don't worry, Kissa will help Krinkles adjust at the RB. Kissa was such a nosey thing it won't take her long to find him.

;)

Nomilynn
01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Thank you all very much. While I'm sad Krinkles had to go, I'm not as devastated as I might be if he was only a young cat. But he lived his life to the fullest - including some serious medical problems, running away and being lost for four months, and putting up with me! ;)

Thank you all very much.

Randi
01-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Kringles. :( - But I'm happy that he had a long and wonderful life with you and your parents. You made the right decision and Kringles is free of pain now. I'm sure Kringles will be in your heart forever. :)

Rest in peace sweet Kringles. :)

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Nomi,

Minnie and I give our deepest sympathy to you. It seems one thing after another :( (sigh) Whenever I see "RB" I want to run away and hide. I am so so sorry.

gini
01-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Naomi, you beautiful story of Krinkles has touched me deeply.

He must have been very well loved and taken care of to live to a ripe age of 20.

You have been through so much lately with Bassett and now this loss of your childhood friend you loved so much.

My heart goes out to you and your family, but you are to be congratulated on having Krinkles for such a long time.

I am sure he is enjoying treats right now with your Gran and they are laughing about YOU and how much fun it was for you to grow up together and for Gran to enjoy.

lynnestankard
01-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Oh Naomi - after all you've been through - to lose Krinkles is just too sad. My heart goes out to you {{{Hugs}}}.
While the grief is so new let them tears flow - remember all the happy memories will flood in later. Just mourn your beautiful furboy - he had a wonderful life and was so loved. He's running amuk (:) ) at R.B. I'll bet all our furkids ran to meet him and make him so welcome.
Love Lynne xxx

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
So very sorry :(, Naomi.

Give you Folks a {Hugg} from all of us.

Rest In Peace at the Bridge, Dear Krinkles!

/s/ Phred

sammi
01-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Naomi, So sorry to just read abot the passing of Krinkles. You have my sympathy. Sounds like he had a long life and was loved a lot. So sorry for you and your family.

NoahsMommy
01-30-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss of sweet Krinkles. :( I'm sure he will be missed...but he's in a wonderful placw where he wont be effect by pain, hunger or fear.

Take care.

catmandu
02-01-2003, 09:39 AM
:( :( Naomi , we are sorry to hear about the passing of Krinkles . At 20 years he had a good , long life and you must have been good Guardians for him to have had sush a log happy ,, life. :( :( ButI am betting that the little cats angels are making him welcome and he will be waiting for you at the RB.