PDA

View Full Version : Cookie and Tama visit Dr. Sova

neko1
01-22-2003, 01:48 PM
Hey there,
Just came back with Cookie and Tama. They had their distemper and rabies vaccines. Tama growled but was otherwise good. Cookie, the big talker that she is, growled, hissed, meowed, etc...
She's never a good patient. She has some chin acne that she's now on antibiotics for. But when it was all over, we all sat behind the reception desk and the other girls i work with gave them treats. So now they are good until next year and Neko and Pumpkin aren't due in until July.

jenluckenbach
01-22-2003, 02:22 PM
good kitties, you made it through your yearly physical with out harming any HOOOMANS.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Whew! I'm so glad they didn't put up a fuss for all your co-workers to see. ;) :)

boscibo
01-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Bo gets acne, but he's not on antibiotics. But what I found very helpful was give him his food on a flat plate - glass, not plastic. Even a little ceramic dish I was giving his canned food in was causing outbreaks until I switched to a flat plate.

neko1
01-22-2003, 04:14 PM
I've switched them to stainless steel bowls, but it still doesn't help. They only eat dry food and they are quite messy with it, that's why I don't use a flat dish. Hopefully the meds will work:o

Cataholic
01-22-2003, 04:22 PM
I am very happy to hear that a clean bill of health, and passable manners were the order of the day!

krazyaboutkatz
01-23-2003, 12:05 AM
I'm so glad that they are healthy and won't need to be seen until next year. Sunny had feline acne too. He had the black fleck stuff on his chin. I washed it off with antibacterial soap and then used peroxide on it. I also now use stainless steel bowls for food and water. The fountain is plastic but gets cleaned weekly. I now put peroxide on his chin about every other day and so far so good. :)