PDA

View Full Version : What books are you reading?

NoahsMommy
01-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Anyone currently reading a book, or two or three...

Post them here, maybe someone else is reading it too! :)

I'm currently reading:

*Chicken Soup for the Soul of America

*When Jesus Comes by Max Lucado

*The Feline Mystic

*How to Act Right, When your Spouse Acts Wrong (very good book, btw, especially for newlyweds)

aly
01-16-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm reading a bunch of dog behavior books right now for my internship:

- The Dog Whisperer by Paul Owens

- The Dog's Mind by Bruce Fogle

- The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson

- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell

I also finished reading On Talking Terms with Dogs by Turid Rugaas and a few others.

lynnestankard
01-16-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm in the middle of John Grishams 'The Bretheren' - and I'm just on my way up to bed to get stuck into it again - gosh it's so good.
'Night-'night God Bless to everyone xxx
Lynne

Cougie Wechsler
01-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I am currently reading books in the Left Behind Series. For anyone who is familiar with those, I am just finishing the Mark. Pretty captivating. I also have been bit by the Lord of the Rings bug after seeing the movie so I might have to start that trilogy.

Kfamr
01-16-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm reading "to kill a mocking bird" in English class. Others we've already read are "Tangerine" and "A door near here"

NoahsMommy
01-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Cougie Wechsler
I am currently reading books in the Left Behind Series. For anyone who is familiar with those, I am just finishing the Mark. Pretty captivating. I also have been bit by the Lord of the Rings bug after seeing the movie so I might have to start that trilogy.
I LOVE the "Left Behind" books!!!! I am waiting for the newest one to come out in paper back (I read in the bathtub every night). The Mark is great! You'll LOVE the books that follow, that really is a great series. Enjoy!!

Cookiebaker
01-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm reading "to kill a mocking bird" in English class.

Mark & I are in the middle of that book also! We try and read together everynight. We take reading out loud...sometimes every other chapter, sometimes every other page. I have a habit of falling asleep though when I'm really tired. Then I miss out. :rolleyes:

Soledad
01-16-2003, 05:27 PM
To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic! You should see the movie when you're done. Both are great (though I always prefer the book).

Aspen and Misty
01-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Search and Rescue Dogs "Training the K-9 Hero"- American Rescue Dog association (All about training dogs to be search and rescue dogs, what I'm doing with Chewy right now, although he wont be a profesional one)

Better Behavior in Dogs "A Guide to Solving All Your Dogs Problems"- Willian E. Campbell

Ash

Desert Arabian
01-16-2003, 05:45 PM
I am reading:The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lovers Soul

Cincy'sMom
01-16-2003, 05:46 PM
In the last week, I have read, three books by Iris Johansson, Face of Deception ,The Killing Game, and The Search , John Grisham's The Summons and now I am working on Stud Rites by Susan Conant. I have another Susan Conant to read after that, then more Iris Johansson's. I am also looking forward to Patricia Cormwell's true crime, Portrait of a Killer (Jack the Ripper), once my friend finishes it!

-Panther-
01-16-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm reading Monster by Jonathan Kellerman

slleipnir
01-16-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm reading Kentucy Heat, by Fern Micheals. I just finished Animal Farm (Again, great book :D) And Wednesdays Child By Peter Robinson

Crikit
01-16-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm rereading A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony for the fourth or fifth time, and tonight I borrowed Cloud of Sparrows by Takashi Matsuoka from work.

AmberLee
01-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Oh my!

I'm alternating between three books right now.

Primary Colors by Anonymous Okay novelized 'history' of the democratic primary process in late 80s, early 90s...

Peace like a River by Leif Enger Novel set in 1960s -- how a family was effected when one member uses violence to stop criminals who were targetting them. I love the language in the book, it's hypnotic and poetic... the characters are fascinating, but the story line is troubling me.

The Rosewood Casket by Sharyn McCrumb This is either the third or fourth in her 'ballad' murder mystery series: they are set in Appalachian mountain country Tennessee, the main characters are the Sheriff and his crew. Each book reflects a folk ballad in the theme/crime/ or one or more of the characters. Hmmm. I love the ways that the various themes play together in each book, that the sheriff and crew are good and earnest people, and learning more about environmental issues (a frequent subtopic)... Her books are well researched. In general, I really like them... but! I usually wind up depressed at the end of each of these books. I guess it's more real life to have the plot ends left frayed and unsolved ... but I'd like to believe that the pain(s) that they've gone through were 'for' something. I particularly love the character of the psychic woman on the hill, and try to learn from her philosophy. (Okay, a mixed review here.) ;)

AmylovesMisty
01-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I am reading...

The theif Lord

An Acceptable time (companion of A Wrinkle in Time)

The tiger rising

Wolf in the Window

Saddle Club

Pony Pals

I have to much to explain!!

Just so you know when i was in first grade i was on 5th grade reading level!!!

Crikit
01-16-2003, 09:48 PM
There's nothing to explain. you should see some of the books that I read on my breaks at work. Of course the fact that the children's book section is right out of the staff room doesn't help.

All Creatures Great And Small
01-16-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm reading a fascinating tome by the Internal Revenue Service, "2002 Form 1040 And Instructions" - I can't wait to see how it comes out! :p :p ;) (I've read this author's books every year for as long as I can remember......)

I read a lot of goofy romance books when I was younger, and I used to read Reader's Digest faithfully up until about a year ago, but now I just can't find time to read anything unless it's a People magazine in the doctor's office. I used to LOVE getting into a good book; I would read for hours on end since once I start, I can't stop.......

babolaypo65
01-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm reading two: in paper form, Robertson Davies "the Cunning Man"

and on audio (on the treadmill at the gym) Violets are Blue by James Patterson (i just finished roses are red).

boscibo
01-16-2003, 10:05 PM
I just started Spine of the World by R.A. Salvatore. I am reading the whole series of Drizzt Do'Urden books, they are pretty good if you like fantasy.

sammi
01-16-2003, 10:12 PM
I just finished the first of the series "Left Behind" and really liked it! Can't wait to get the 2nd one.

shais_mom
01-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Amy, I LOVE Iris Johensen, She is awesome!! Those are excellant!!! I love James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell also.
I just finished, Apocolipstick and Mr. Maybe. They are by British Authors. I love the British Authors, they are sooo funny. And the next is "Dog Handling" which is by a British Author also. Not what you think. And I also have John Grishem's The Brethern to read and another one I can't remember the title too.

Nomilynn
01-17-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's book about Jack the Ripper, and for school I'm reading Catcher in the Rye. I have A LOT of novels to get read this semester.. good thing I like to read

01-17-2003, 03:19 AM
I am reading : "The shelters of stone" by Jean Auel

Yesterday I finished the latest book of Isabel Allende , in Dutch of course . The original title is "La ciudad de las bestias" . Her books are super and read very fluently!

My next book will be "The road through the mountains" by Elisabeth McGregor .

Yep we read quite a lot . That's why we needed a large library ..
See Sydney , thinking "do I have to read all these too???"
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/oei%20,%20zo%20hoog%20!.bmp

HoRsELUvR
01-17-2003, 08:06 AM
some books im just reading for fun are:
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Giver

Fellowship of the Ring

And lots of horse books,and other books that i just like to read.

anna_66
01-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Mark got me three Stephen King hardback for Christmas (Hearts in Atlantis, Everything's Eventual & the new one From a Buick 8).
So right now I'm in the middle of reading Everything's Eventual, great book!

Karen
01-17-2003, 09:12 AM
I am reading "Tailspin: the strange case of Major Call" (NF)

and The Veil of a Thousand Tears, sequel to The Ring of Five Dragons.

Recently finished "Paradise Alley" - very good

wolf_Q
01-17-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm reading The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings...I already read them all early this year, but I'm reading them again....

Before that I read Tuck Everlasting just because I was bored, and I wondered what the movie was about (actually I read that book in grade school but I forgot about it)

And before that I was reading Cold Sassy Tree...but I never finished it, as I forgot about it. My mom works at a library and is always bringing home books they are going to throw away....so I kind of just grab books from the piles and read them..heh........

Andie
01-17-2003, 09:38 AM
I just recently finished the first Harry Potter book (yes, I'm well aware that I'm a dork) and now I'm on the search for the second one. Guess I'm gonna have to drive 50 miles to Barnes and Noble again. (Go in for one book come out 3 hrs later lol)

There is always my trusty "Chicken Soup for the Cat and Dog Lover's Soul", Chicken Soup for the Animal Lover's Soul", and "American Pit Bull Terrier Handbook" on my night stand.

gini
01-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
I'm reading a fascinating tome by the Internal Revenue Service, "2002 Form 1040 And Instructions" - I can't wait to see how it comes out! :p :p ;) (I've read this author's books every year for as long as I can remember......)

As a bookkeeper, this just cracked me up. Trust me, it is the best "mystery" out there!

ramanth
01-17-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm in the middle of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire right now. :D

I am so excited about The Order of the Pheonix. :)

Kudos to you all that read more than one book at a time. I'd have all my characters mixed up if I did that. LOL!

Karen
01-17-2003, 10:13 AM
I usually have an "upstairs" book, and a downstairs book that travels with me if I go to the gym. I sometimes have three or four books, all in different assigned areas.

I also recently finished:

Freedom's Ransom (by Anne McCaffrey - not a dragon one, though!)

Deepsix by Jack McDevitt - cool more sciencey sci-fi, far future stuff, very good

and

A Story for Bear - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful new children's book.

iceyshiver21
01-17-2003, 12:54 PM
im really kinda reading, umm...Night John, sorry I have a short-term memory, its a really good book so far, but mostly im working on my book, and it dont have a name yet

Pam
01-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

The Rosewood Casket by Sharyn McCrumb This is either the third or fourth in her 'ballad' murder mystery series: they are set in Appalachian mountain country Tennessee, the main characters are the Sheriff and his crew. Each book reflects a folk ballad in the theme/crime/ or one or more of the characters. Hmmm. I love the ways that the various themes play together in each book, that the sheriff and crew are good and earnest people, and learning more about environmental issues (a frequent subtopic)... Her books are well researched. In general, I really like them... but! I usually wind up depressed at the end of each of these books. I guess it's more real life to have the plot ends left frayed and unsolved ... but I'd like to believe that the pain(s) that they've gone through were 'for' something. I particularly love the character of the psychic woman on the hill, and try to learn from her philosophy. (Okay, a mixed review here.) ;)

Pauline I loved the Rosewood Casket! I picked it up on the "Cheap Books" table at Barnes and Noble one day. I had never heard of Sharyn McCrumb but thought I'd take a chance. Since then I've bought about five other books by her. I love the Appalachian setting.

I am now reading Circle of Three by Patricia Gaffney. I also enjoy Susan Delinsky, Patricial Cornwell and I can't even think of all of my favorites right now. Great thread topic!

RICHARD
01-17-2003, 06:20 PM
by carl hiaason.....

also lucky you, tourist season, double whammy, skintight....

a very funny series of books set in florida, the characters
are funny, the criminals are buffoons, and there is an animal
that always plays a part in the story......complex and entertaining.

Cataholic
01-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65

and on audio (on the treadmill at the gym) Violets are Blue by James Patterson (i just finished roses are red).

Oh, oh, oh...I 'read' that one two weeks ago on the way to Youngstown, Ohio. It was my first experience with both the author and the 'listening' thingy. I LOVED IT! I didn't know anything up until the very end...my boss on the other hand said he 'knew'...whatever! Let me know what you think. I intend to read the rest of his books, too. I must admit, it is hard for me to read books on tape...

Jessica12345
01-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Im reading:

the book of dolphins
what dolphins can teach us
dolphins and whales
and The divine dolphins

I love dolphins!

Cataholic
01-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I am 'inbetween' book reads right now...cause my magazines are coming in....while not of the same depth as books, I love mags. Short, easy, and, I can throw them on the floor without ruining the thing! I get cast off 'Health', Muscle and Fitness for Woman, Oxygen, Oprah, Better Homes, Cincinnati Magazine, This Old House, Real Simple, and, beleive it or not, a few others I can't even remember. That way, I always have something to read- which is a MUST...I can take them to the gym and read on the machines, use them as 'catch basins' for vomiting cats, etc.

My sister works for a libary system, and always has a few hundred or so books to choose from (not cause she filches them, they are the 'get rid of ones'). Lillycat is good for ten hours a month in a bookstore, "Mom, where were you all day?" "Oh, I just stopped in [insert various bookstores here], and lost track of time [ like 5 hours]"...and I always see what she has...

Gotta read, gotta read, gotta read.

babolaypo65
01-17-2003, 10:25 PM
i LOVE his books on tape!!! (i have been doing the audio thing for years now, first as a commuter, now at the gym...)
his and patricia cornwell are the best motivators for 6am workouts.
if you have another opportunity for an audio, and if you are okay with internet ordering... i get mine on half.com. for example i paid four dollars (U.S.) for violets are blue.

ill keep you posted!!!! read roses are red, if you havent. and if you like his work, go to a web site and find out the order.... best in order!!
(or PM me, i have the list....)

Originally posted by Cataholic

Oh, oh, oh...I 'read' that one two weeks ago on the way to Youngstown, Ohio. It was my first experience with both the author and the 'listening' thingy. I LOVED IT! I didn't know anything up until the very end...my boss on the other hand said he 'knew'...whatever! Let me know what you think. I intend to read the rest of his books, too. I must admit, it is hard for me to read books on tape...

Cataholic
01-18-2003, 08:36 AM
i LOVE his books on tape!!! (i have been doing the audio thing for years now, first as a commuter, now at the gym...)
his and patricia cornwell are the best motivators for 6am workouts.
if you have another opportunity for an audio, and if you are okay with internet ordering... i get mine on half.com. for example i paid four dollars (U.S.) for violets are blue.

ill keep you posted!!!! read roses are red, if you havent. and if you like his work, go to a web site and find out the order.... best in order!!
(or PM me, i have the list....)

My friend at work also told me to read Roses are Red...maybe I will get that on CD and use it at the gym. I think I would have to use a stationary piece of equipment instead of running...I might not be able to keep my balance with all the excitement!

primabella
01-18-2003, 08:41 AM
in english class we just finished reading "of mice and men" by steinbeck. in french we're gonna start a book called "la rouge poison" but that looks pretty boring. i love agatha cristie books and this other book "beach house" by r.l stine. murder-mysteries are the best! :D

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Amy, I LOVE Iris Johensen, She is awesome!! Those are excellant!!! I love James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell also.
I just finished, Apocolipstick and Mr. Maybe. They are by British Authors. I love the British Authors, they are sooo funny. And the next is "Dog Handling" which is by a British Author also. Not what you think. And I also have John Grishem's The Brethern to read and another one I can't remember the title too.

Staci- I have almost all of James Patterson's including his new one, Four Blind Mice, if you ever want to borrow any!

Richard- I love Carl Hiaason! my favorites are Lucky You and Sick Puppy

RockyRoad
01-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Ah, books. I used to read a lot, but now I have less time, and not many interesting books. Right now I am reading:
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 2
The Tell-Tale Heart
And tonight I am going to get more Edgar Allan Poe stories. I love his work.

The Cat Factory
01-18-2003, 01:53 PM
I am reading The Fellowship Of The Ring right now, then The Two Towers then The Return Of The King, then I'll probably read The Hobbit again :)

RockyRoad
01-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I have never read any LotR books, nor have I seen the movies. I like it though.;) Are they a good series? Maybe I'll try reading it someday.

COCatMama
01-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I got partway thru the two towers. frankly, I PREFER the movie!! :)
I usually have at least two books on the go at any given time :) I just sawed thru half a cheesy romance novel this afternoon but it's kind of cool cause it's about this chick who writes a biography about this hot guy that's been dead for a hundred years. His ghost starts haunting her....oooooh scary :D.

Miss Meow
01-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Serious Cycling by Edmund R Burke (who unfortunately died only recently)

Transactional Analysis in Psychotherapy by Eric Berne

Just picked up Successful Self-Publishing by ? and Migraine by Oliver Sacks at the library.

Primabella, I loved Of Mice and Men. I cried so much.

The Cat Factory
01-19-2003, 12:38 AM
FLS, The LOTR Series is great! I am only part way through, but I love it :)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 01:00 AM
fantasy books usually bore me for some reason, the thing i dislike about LOTR is the way the characters talk to each other, so flowery-like yecch :).
Y'all should read a series by Diana Gabaldon called "The Outlander"
VERY COOL series!!

Logan
01-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I absolutely love to read, but have found that time hasn't allowed me to do much of it lately. Last week I started on "The Summons" by John Grisham. A while back, when I wasn't in love :o , I used to have the problem of not being able to put a Grisham book down. Now I seem to take weeks to get through one! LOL!!! I fall asleep over it since my reading time seems to be right before bedtime.

Logan

Kfamr
01-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic! You should see the movie when you're done. Both are great (though I always prefer the book).

we're going to watch the movie afterwards in class. I'm so glad i didn't live back then, i'd have to slap every person who said the n word or said anything prejudice... i can't stand it, the book really pisses me off lol.

shais_mom
01-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

Staci- I have almost all of James Patterson's including his new one, Four Blind Mice, if you ever want to borrow any!

Richard- I love Carl Hiaason! my favorites are Lucky You and Sick Puppy

Amy, sounds good!!!! Next time we meet up at the park, we will have to swap. I will bring a couple for you, too!
You know what the John Grisham book I have to read isn't "The Brethern" it is "The Summons"! Woopsie!!
I just got from my cousin's wife, Nora Roberts, Carolina Moon, and Anita Shreve The Pilot's wife.
I also want to plug, b/c AmberLee hasn't,
www.bookcrossing.com I just 'released' a bunch!

wolflady
01-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Ahhh...books! I just love reading! :D I am one of those people who can go into a B&N or Borders and not come back out for 5 hours! LOL
I read everynight before I go to bed too, and right now I have my nose deep into the Mists of Avalon. Fascinating read about the magical women behind King Arthur's throne. I have read the entire Cat Who mystery series, still waiting for the newest one to come out on paperback.
I have read the LOTR trilogy, but it's been awhile. I may have to re-read them for a refresher. I know many people who either love to read J. R. R. Tolkein's work, or they hate it. It can be a bit detailed. I was surprised at how well the movies were made. They are pretty much good stand alone movies, especially for those who haven't read the books though;)
I too can't wait for the 5th Harry Potter! Can you believe that it's already the top selling book simply because of all the people who have pre-ordered it! :eek: LOL Can't wait!!! :D

I also have been reading A Suitable Boy, which is an incredibly long novel that takes place in newly independent India (the 1950's) and it's about a girl (and all the extended families) whose mom is looking for a suitable boy. I alternate between that read and the Mists.
I also have my magazines too: Yoga Journal, ASPCA Animal Watch, Cat Fancy, and the Cornell Univ of Vet Meds Cat Watch.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-21-2003, 12:35 PM
After reading the 3 Lord of the Rings books for the second time, I started reading The History of Middle Earth (J.R.R. Tlkien and Christopher Tolkien). I am on Volume 4 now! Great series as well.

I am also reading Black Sunday by Thomas Harris. Great one too!

Kimmy, I too am very excited about The Order of The Pheonix. How are you liking The Goblet of Fire? I absolutely loved it!! The whole series so far is awesome!

ramanth
01-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Kimmy, I too am very excited about The Order of The Pheonix. How are you liking The Goblet of Fire? I absolutely loved it!! The whole series so far is awesome!

I'm almost to the end! ;) LOL! It's a big book! :D I love it so far as well as the series as a whole.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Prisoner of Azkaban in movie format. :)

babolaypo65
01-21-2003, 04:41 PM
wolflady: i have a suitable boy, but havent started it. its good?
i have to get through the ones im reading first.
and its such a big commitment! (and heavy for traveling!)

I also have been reading A Suitable Boy, which is an incredibly long novel that takes place in newly independent India (the 1950's) and it's about a girl (and all the extended families) whose mom is looking for a suitable boy. I alternate between that read and the Mists.
I also have my magazines too: Yoga Journal, ASPCA Animal Watch, Cat Fancy, and the Cornell Univ of Vet Meds Cat Watch. [/B][/QUOTE]

wolflady
01-21-2003, 07:32 PM
[B]wolflady: i have a suitable boy, but havent started it. its good?
i have to get through the ones im reading first.
and its such a big commitment! (and heavy for traveling!)

Hi babolaypo65. If I haven't already welcomed you to PT,...Welcome!! I'm sure you'll become as addicted as the rest of us! :D ;)

Yes, A Suitable Boy is quite a good read if you can get past some of the political and governmental detailed stuff. My aunt read the book first and she told me about it because she knows how much I love the Indian culture. She said that she actually skipped through some of the more boring stuff to get to the good stuff...like who Lata is going to end up with! HA! :) If you like detail, then no problem. If not, then just skip the boring parts because you won't get lost in the storyline if you do. ;)

lizbud
01-21-2003, 08:44 PM
The last book I read was Dear Mom (thank you for everything)
by Bradley Trevor Greive. It's a sweet book of animal photos
and human expressions of love & appreciation for Mom's
everywhere. Not much real "reading", but the pictures are
priceless.:)

babolaypo65
01-21-2003, 09:12 PM
thanks!!
and as soon as i finish what i'm reading ill start it. ive had it for a year. my former boss was from india. i learned a lot about his culture, and we shared books. this was one he gave me.
ill read it!
ps. thanks for the welcome!

QUOTE]Originally posted by wolflady

Hi babolaypo65. If I haven't already welcomed you to PT,...Welcome!! I'm sure you'll become as addicted as the rest of us! :D ;)

Yes, A Suitable Boy is quite a good read if you can get past some of the political and governmental detailed stuff. My aunt read the book first and she told me about it because she knows how much I love the Indian culture. She said that she actually skipped through some of the more boring stuff to get to the good stuff...like who Lata is going to end up with! HA! :) If you like detail, then no problem. If not, then just skip the boring parts because you won't get lost in the storyline if you do. ;) [/QUOTE]

Desert Arabian
01-21-2003, 09:26 PM
I just started to read another book, besides The Return of the King, I am now reading What My Cat Has Taught Me About Life, by Niki Anderson. It was my grandma's book, and I kept it to read after she passed away. It is pretty good, even though the entries are short. Has anyone else heard of this book before??

Vio&Juni
01-22-2003, 08:41 AM
I am reading now Remark - a book with four novels (in Russian, btw, I never saw any book by Remark in Romanian. Must be that Russians love him more :confused: ). I was in a romantic mood and I borrowed it from my friend.
I just finished Gabriel Garcia Marqez. After I finish Remark I want to re-read some of Virginia Wolf. Also, I would like to see the movie with Nicole Kidman as Virginia Wolf.

ramanth
01-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
The last book I read was Dear Mom (thank you for everything)
by Bradley Trevor Greive. It's a sweet book of animal photos
and human expressions of love & appreciation for Mom's
everywhere. Not much real "reading", but the pictures are
priceless.:)
Liz, my sister got that book for my mom for Christmas. It IS adorable! :D

lizbud
01-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Kimmy,

My daughter gave the book to me also. :D Sure wish I
could post some of those darling photos on PT. It was one
of the sweetest gifts "this mom" ever received. :) :) :)
This particular author has another book called "The Blue Day
Book". Haven't seen it , but it's supposed to be really good too.

ramanth
01-22-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna see if mom will let me borrow the book and I'll scan in a few of the images at work. :D

It'll be a few days but hopefully before the end of the month. :)

boscibo
01-22-2003, 01:31 PM
I went to the bookstore last night! I finished the first book in the Hunter's Blade triology (R.A. Salvatore) called The Thousand Orcs.

So I bought an Ireland travel book (I'm going in March) and Pay Dirt, by Rita May Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown. Sneaky Pie is her cat, and they write the Mrs. Murphy cat mysteries - I love cat mysteries. I have read all of The Cat Who... books, and most of the Joe Grey books too.

I'm waiting anxiously for the next book in the Hunter's Blade series, the next book in The Sword of Truth series, and for The Order of the Phoenix. And the next The Cat Who... book, too.

RockyRoad
01-22-2003, 05:44 PM
I saw the Fellowship of the Ring a few days ago, and I thought it was really good! I had heard tons of stories about LOTR from my friends, so I guess I began to like it, and wanted to read it. I'm going to try the book, but I am so engrossed in my Edgar Allan Poe books it's hard to change books for awhile. Has anyone ever read The Raven? I think that is one of my favorites.:)

AmylovesMisty
01-22-2003, 06:54 PM

Me or wolf_q or another Amy i know about?

lizbud
01-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Kimmy,

Good luck picking just a few to scan. LOL.:D Check out page
34, or page 16, or page 65, etc, etc. There're all terrific.:)

shais_mom
01-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by AmylovesMisty

Me or wolf_q or another Amy i know about?

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

AMY= CINCY'S MOM
she was the one that told me she would bring me a book!!

AmylovesMisty
01-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh Sorry! I'm not that familiar with names! Well three amy's i know of! Sorry!

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2003, 08:34 PM

Amy, sounds good!!!! Next time we meet up at the park, we will have to swap. I will bring a couple for you, too!
You know what the John Grisham book I have to read isn't "The Brethern" it is "The Summons"! Woopsie!!
I just got from my cousin's wife, Nora Roberts, Carolina Moon, and Anita Shreve The Pilot's wife.
I also want to plug, b/c AmberLee hasn't,
www.bookcrossing.com I just 'released' a bunch!

Cool! My mom just gave me 4-5 more Iris Johanssen books. She has a bunch of Nora Roberts too, but don't think i have read any of hers.

AmylovesMisty
01-25-2003, 04:08 PM
I am on a Nancy Drew rampage!!