PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy, more liquid..

phesina
12-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Galaxy has been very good for quite a while, no inappropriate peeing. I thought the Prozac and/or the diet change was really making a difference!

I was about to go to bed last night, and I found that both the quilt and the blanket had another liquid deposit, right around my shoulder level.

Sigh...

Sweet Galaxy, how can I help you?

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
12-25-2019, 07:14 AM
At this point, it could be related to Galaxy's diabetes. Until her blood sugar is regulated, she will continue to drink more water and therefore urinate more.
I know it's frustrating, but you might have to deal with this until her diabetes is under control.:(

phesina
12-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Heidi. That's what I've been thinking, this is all related.

On that note, Merry Christmas!

phesina
12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
She had been so good for such a while, I quit covering the bed-covers with the plastic shower-curtain liner 3 or 4 days ago. Big mistake, I learned the other day!

Another trip to the laundromat is in store..

phesina
12-31-2019, 09:57 AM
I did a glucose reading on Galaxy yesterday. This was after she hadn't eaten in several hours. This first time went all right. She was SUCH a good girl! Next I have to do one an hour or two after she eats and get that reading.

phesina
01-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Last evening I tried to do another reading, about an hour and a half after she'd eaten. I didn't do it right, couldn't get enough blood to get the reading. I don't have any more of the little test strips. I'll talk to the vet tomorrow.

Happy New Year, all, from Galaxy and Sparkler and me!

phesina
01-01-2020, 12:35 PM
And I did the laundry yesterday.. found I could fit the two quilts in the building machines after all, one quilt per washer! so I didn't have to take them to the laundromat.

Nice clean quilt back on the bed, covered with the plastic sheet.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
01-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Oh, dear. Fingers crossed that you and Galaxy get this sorted out. I hope it was an accident.