PDA

View Full Version : keeshonds

lovemyshiba
12-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Yesterday I went to the pet store, and although I wouldn't get one there, I always go back and play with the pups and kittens. They had one Cairn Terrier, and 2 Keeshonds. The Cairn was asleep in the cage, and the Keeshonds were out playing. As soon as I opened the door, one of them ran into the cage, and I walked over to the other, and she ran in too. They flopped on top of the Cairn, and all fell asleep. I was concerned since they were so much bigger, but I told the manager, and he assured me that they always huddle up like that.
Anyway, are Keeshonds friendly, people dogs?? I've never encountered any, and was shocked that they didnt' come over to play. Every time I go to that store, I can barely get in the door without someone trying to escape or jump all over me. They always have jack russels, beagles, aussies, poms, chis, an occasional lab, bulldogs, and heelers, and the occasional mutt or 2--and they have always been friendly.
Just curious about the breed.

chihuahualuver*
12-31-2002, 12:27 PM
I do not know much about kees hounds I know that my grandma used to have one and it ment everything to her..she loved her...they have chis?:D

Jessica12345
12-31-2002, 12:45 PM
Theres is an article in my magazine on them.... here is what it says:

A happy-go-lucky family dog with a positive outlook on life. This medium sized dog seems bigger than it really is, because of its thick, luxurious coat. Keeshonds are affectionite, playful, alert, and outgoing, making them exellent family pets. Although they are classified, they can be quite sporty indeed, as they enjoy all kinds of games and activities.
Hight: 17-18 inch
weight: in proportion to hight
grooming requierments: regular brushing
ENERGY LEVEL: LOW!

they are gorgous!

~ Jess ~

lexie
01-03-2003, 04:05 PM
i had one. his name was Dusty. i sadly only hd him for 3 years. he died of parvo.i have no idea of how he got it. he was indeed the loving dog i've evr had. he always knew when to play and when not to play. he was soo smart. he prety much potty trained himself. when he got older he shed all the time!!!! i finally went and got his hair cut. in a cute lion cut:D they get about medium sized. they are very strong. and before i got him i heard that the breed was supposed to be a ood guard dog,not in his case. when we had a new baby in the house he cuttled up to him like he was a teddy bear. oh,ya. all keeshounds love toys!! and to hunt the neighbors cat!!:D hope this helps.

Joodles
01-03-2003, 08:53 PM
My brother had a Keeshond. She was a delightful dog and very friendly. She had a bad habit of getting on the roof of their house, though, and giving them heart attacks.