PDA

View Full Version : Olive is sick

cats4ever
02-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Olive developed an upper respiratory infection about 5 days ago, and I am very scared.
Olive was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 7 years ago, and she has been doing well on her medication.
Another thing she had going on for all of her life are really bad stools, soft and bloody. They never affected her adversely and she just lives with it.
She had an ultrasound a few years ago, and nothing was found. Of course, they suggested biopsies, but I won't put her under anesthesia because of her heart.
A few days ago, her vet suggested to try steroids for her stools because she's loosing weight. Heart issues and steroids together are usually a big no-no. She said to just watch her breathing, and to take her off the meds if there's an issue.
I was a little hesitant, but I started her on prednisolone. A few days later, she started sneezing. Steroids lower the immune systems, so I immediately took her off.
She is getting worse, barely wants to eat, and sleeps all day:(. Her chest sounded clear yesterday, but I'm worried she might develop pneumonia.
I'll take her back to work tomorrow to get antibiotics.
Please send some healing thoughts for sweet Olive.

Randi
02-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Oh, poor Olive. I am crossing my fingers that she won't develop pneumonia. Can you put her in the bathroom with some steam - that might help. If not, I hope the antibiotics will. Be careful not to let her sit in draft. How old is she?

She is such a beautiful girl and I send her lots of healing thoughts - and hugs to you. :love:

Catty1
02-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Oh, Heidi, this is so awful! I really hope that Olive rallies and pulls through with some antibiotics.

Come on Olive, try to get well - your mom has had enough kitty heartbreak. :love::love:

cats4ever
02-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Thank you, Randi and Candace!:love:
She will be 12 in May, so not really a spring chicken anymore. She does act like one though, when she feels good.
It is really difficult to see her like that, a usually hyper and always hungry kitty.:(

phesina
02-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Oh, Heidi, I'm so sorry to learn this. We are sending along healing thoughts and prayers and good wishes and warm loving energies for dear Olive. I hope antibiotics will help or some other solution can be found.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: to Olive and you all.

cassiesmom
02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Caring thoughts and prayers for dear Olive! :love:

Felicia's Mom
02-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Heidi, I am sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Olive!

mbsmum
02-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Healing thoughts and prayers on the way to sweet Olive. Don't do this to Meowmie please Olive, she
has had enough of Kitty heartbreak.

mon
02-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Sending huge waves of love and health to Olive and her Mum! 😍😺😻😍

cats4ever
02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Olive got her antibiotic injection today. It will last for 2 weeks.
This poor kitty is so congested, and she's depositing mucus everywhere with every sneeze. And there are a lot of sneezes!:(
Her appetite is still poor, but I hope that by tomorrow the antibiotic will start doing its job.

phesina
02-11-2019, 05:38 PM
We're hoping, too, and sending our best wishes that the antibiotic will start working tomorrow. Love to dear Olive and you and all your family.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
02-12-2019, 11:51 AM
I just know Olive will get better! I remember I had two kittens yrs. ago and they had something or other, I was suprized at the amount of mucus that came out of those poor baby's, shocked honestly. I didn't know there was that much snot in the whole world 🤧 It can't be anything but good it's coming out.

Catty1
02-12-2019, 09:53 PM
I hope the antibiotic works quickly! Get well soon, Olive!:love::love:

cats4ever
02-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Olive seems to be a bit better today.:)
She's still congested, but she seems to be more active, and she's eating a bit better.

Felicia's Mom
02-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Sending more prayers and positive thoughts.

Come on Olive, get better!

phesina
02-13-2019, 10:02 PM
That's great news, Olive, that you're doing a little better! Keep on keeping on, we're with you all the way!

We are sending you loads more good wishes and prayers and loving thoughts and warm healing energies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

Catty1
02-13-2019, 10:51 PM
You're doing it, Olive! Bit by bit, you're getting better! :D:love:

Catty1
02-17-2019, 10:56 AM
How is Olive doing? :love:

cats4ever
02-17-2019, 10:59 AM
I'm happy to report that Olive is back to normal! That little devil scared me to death, but now she's back to her mischievous self.
Thanks everybody for your concerns and well wishes!:love:

Karen
02-17-2019, 12:04 PM
I'm happy to report that Olive is back to normal! That little devil scared me to death, but now she's back to her mischievous self.
Thanks everybody for your concerns and well wishes!:love:

Glad to hear it!

phesina
02-17-2019, 05:12 PM
Oh, what wonderful news!!!!! We're all doing the Happy Dance! (The Kitty version is something to see ;).)

Well done, Olive and Heidi!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

Catty1
02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
YAAY!:love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
02-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Great News!

mon
02-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Hip hip FREAKIN hurray!!!! Such a stressful situation 😻👍🏿