PDA

View Full Version : Kia at the Whitecoats - Lymphoma

ramanth
10-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Update:
It's Lymphoma and the prognosis is 3 weeks. :( The vet and I agree that chemo isn't a good option, so we're going to go by a 'Quality of Life' chart, keep her as comfortable as possible, and spoil her like crazy. :love:

Kia could use some good vibes.

I noticed a loss of appetite and some swelling on her neck. Turns out that all of her llymph nodes are enlarged. They are sending the cells to pathology and will do some bloodwork and other tests in house. We'll know more in 24-48 hours.

mbsmum
10-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Good vibes on the way to Kia.

ChrisH
10-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Prayers, vibes, love, healing thoughts ... all I can think of for your beautiful, special girl.

Karen
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Aww, sending prayers her way! I hope it is nothing major, she looks great for such an old girl, hard to believe she is - what is it, 14 or 15 now?

ramanth
10-14-2014, 12:44 PM
She's 15! When she had her teeth cleaned a couple of months ago the vets were very impressed with how great she was doing for her age. So whatever this is came on quick.

Karen
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Hopefully it is something easy to treat - I know whenever I have gone to the doc for most anything they palpate the lymph nodes!

kuhio98
10-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Gentle hugs Kia. Hope you feel better very soon.

cassiesmom
10-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Gentle hugs for Kia! Prayers and positive thoughts!

mrspunkysmom
10-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Hugs for you and Kia

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Prayers headed up for Kia.

Karen
10-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Any news yet, Kimmie?

ramanth
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM
It's Lymphoma and the prognosis is 3 weeks. :-( The vet and I agree that chemo isn't a good option, so we're going to go by a 'Quality of Life' chart, keep her as comfortable as possible, and spoil her like crazy. ❤️

Karen
10-16-2014, 12:00 PM
It's Lymphoma and the prognosis is 3 weeks. :-( The vet and I agree that chemo isn't a good option, so we're going to go by a 'Quality of Life' chart, keep her as comfortable as possible, and spoil her like crazy. ❤️

Aww, so sorry to hear this. This is what took my family's last Saint Bernard, and it came on even more suddenly, one day she seemed fine, and the next she was stumbling on the stairs, and that was it.

She's had such a good, long run with you, so spoiling her a little extra won't be a hardship!

kuhio98
10-16-2014, 12:52 PM

I am so sorry. I hope that Kia continues to enjoy life for all the rest of her days.
The 3-weeks is just a best guess. I hope that she has longer with you.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
10-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Heartbreaking. :( Kia, special, special, beautiful girl, no other like you. You will be missed so very much. Sending much love & loving hugs across the many miles for you and your Kimmy.

Lady's Human
10-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Hope everything goes as well as it can, spoil the heck you of her in the time you have left. Lady turned a terminal cancer diagnosis into another year or so, so, as others have said, the 3 weeks is a guess.

cassiesmom
10-16-2014, 03:14 PM
I hope and pray that she is with you for a lot longer than three weeks, Ramanth :love::love::love:

pomtzu
10-16-2014, 05:10 PM
It's difficult to think of anything really comforting to say at a time like this, but you and Kia will be in my prayers. May her final days be comfortable, peaceful, and happy. :love: Try to stay bright and happy while she is with you, so that she sees the happiness that she had with you, and not the sadness that you now are experiencing.

{{{HUGS}}}

chocolatepuppy
10-16-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. :( Enjoy your beautiful girl in the time you have left together. :love: You'll both be in my prayers.

Catty1
10-16-2014, 07:58 PM
I saw this on facebook and it's just devastating news.

I hope Kia beats the odds and if she gets any prednisone to help her appetite, she should be enjoying all the great food you spoil her with!

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs :love:

Queen of Poop
10-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Prayers for you and Kia. I hope she exceeds expectations.

lizbud
10-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I am very sorry to hear this news about Kia. It is hard to realize that your beautiful girl would ever get old. :( Our pet's only fault, not living long enough.
I hope & pray that Kia has more happy, peaceful days with you.

ramanth
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Kia has been hanging in there. I had friends from out of town visit and we took Kia to one of her favorite parks for a photoshoot. It was great seeing her perked up and enjoying the smells.

Kia still stays hydrated and goes outside to eliminate however she doesn't have the strength to get up on her own and can no longer climb the steps without assistance. When I get her up on her feet her walk is now more like a drunken swagger. All food has to be hand fed or the bowl brought to her. She appears to be in good spirits otherwise. I think she's mostly frustrated that her limbs won't go where she wants them to.

I don't think it'll be long now. :(

Karen
10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Kia has been hanging in there. I had friends from out of town visit and we took Kia to one of her favorite parks for a photoshoot. It was great seeing her perked up and enjoying the smells.

Kia still stays hydrated and goes outside to eliminate however she doesn't have the strength to get up on her own and can no longer climb the steps without assistance. When I get her up on her feet her walk is now more like a drunken swagger. All food has to be hand fed or the bowl brought to her. She appears to be in good spirits otherwise. I think she's mostly frustrated that her limbs won't go where she wants them to.

I don't think it'll be long now. :(

Can you rig a sling for her back end so she can walk with assistance for now? Give her a hug from me!

ramanth
10-27-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't mind assisting and carrying her but I have to ask myself what kind of life is that? It's the hard questions that stink.

Karen
10-27-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't mind assisting and carrying her but I have to ask myself what kind of life is that? It's the hard questions that stink.

Absolutely, I know your pain. I was just thinking that might give her a boost emotionally.

lizbud
10-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Awww, so sorry to hear of Kia's decline.:( You and Kia will be in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you both.((((Hugs))) :love:

ramanth
10-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Absolutely, I know your pain. I was just thinking that might give her a boost emotionally.

It might. Right now she squirms and has this, 'ugh, so embarrassing' attitude. Stubborn to the end. ;):o:(:love:

Karen
10-27-2014, 08:00 PM
It might. Right now she squirms and has this, 'ugh, so embarrassing' attitude. Stubborn to the end. ;):o:(:love:

Yup, that's dear Kia! ;)