PDA

View Full Version : "Buttercup" is headed to the white coats

Logan
12-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Keep the little (not so little, really) boy in your thoughts this afternoon. Something is just not right with him. He is wonderful, don't get me wrong, and I am thoroughly enjoying his new personality, but all the sores from the fights he was getting into at our old house, are not healing and he has created new ones now. I'm worried and think that it is definitely time for Dr. Robinson to give him a thorough checkup. Our boy has numerous sores and bare spots on his body, from head to toe. Some have healed, thank goodness, but then new ones pop up. I think he is doing something to himself. But we will get it figured out. We love him lots and want him to be happy and healthy too.

I'll post later when I have a report.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
12-17-2002, 12:34 PM
All paws and fingers are crossed here for Buttercup that they can fix him up real fast.

tatsxxx11
12-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh no, Logan:( I was so encouraged when we talked on the phone the other day! Please, let us know asap. I can't bear the thought of our beautiful Buttercup being ill. Give him a hug for me, please.

zippy-kat
12-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Fingers crossed for a good report!

jennifert
12-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Logan, good luck with Butter! I do hope he is ok....I just adore that guy....

Pam
12-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Oh my Logan. I am sorry that I am just reading this now. Trevor, Andy and I all hope that you have some encouraging news to report.

Logan
12-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Dr. Robinson said that our Buttercup will be just fine. He gave me a name...it was feline _____ dermatitis (took three tries, do I have this spelled correctly now? :o ). I wish I knew the middle word, but I don't have it written down. And since he didn't charge me for the visit (bless his heart), I don't have anything that shows what he gave him or what the name of the problem was. He gave him a shot.....poor Buttercup. He said this happens frequently in cats and that Butter is causing the harm himself. The shot should settle him down a bit and I'm taking him back in 10 days to get an additional injection. He asked if I could give him pills daily...... :eek: . That personality might change back to the old Butter and we can't have that. I asked Dr. Robinson if this could be "mental". He says no. It is a skin disorder and it will heal and then we will have our beautiful boy back!!! :D

Butter sat in my lap, outside of the carrier for 45 minutes. That is a record. And he purred and went to sleep. :)

Our Buttercup weighs in at 11 pounds. He had gained a little since his last trip. I guess he feels so heavy to me because Mimi is so light.

Anyway, he is asleep here on my desk and we both thank you so much for caring about him. I don't know why this particular boy stole my heart, but he did and I need him to be around for a long, long time.

Cinder & Smoke
12-17-2002, 04:40 PM
:eek: OMG!

Butter(cup), the Warrior Prince, wiff Battle Scars! :cool:

:(

Hope the White Coat can fix ya up wiff sum scar sauce that will help patch ya up!

Mebbee ya shuld ask Sandy Klawz fur a lil Katty Suit of Armour?

boscibo
12-17-2002, 04:54 PM
That almost sounds like what my cats had a little while ago - here's my thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17146&highlight=Skin)

My vet recommended I put a little Frontline on Bo and Abby, and within a few days all the scabs/spots were gone! Hanna never had anything.

tatsxxx11
12-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Phew....Mr. B and Oliver were pulling their fur out at the thought of our Butter Boy having to visit the white coats! Give the big, brave boy a big hug from all of us! (I was worried you might have to call off the wedding!;)) Love ya! S.

AmberLee
12-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Whew! Butter-boy, we is prayin for you. We have our paws crossed and Mommy has her finger-paws crossed that you'll be feeling top of form (AND top of cabinets) as soon as possible.

If your Meowmy and Daddy come home with throwed rice on 'em, you might try having it cooked with turkey gravy... It can't hurt. :D

Your pals, Cassy and Livvy

Logan
12-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
That almost sounds like what my cats had a little while ago - here's my thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17146&highlight=Skin)

My vet recommended I put a little Frontline on Bo and Abby, and within a few days all the scabs/spots were gone! Hanna never had anything.

Well, we had done Frontline. So it wasn't fleas, but he combed him to make sure. He looks very rough. You can see one of the spots where he has removed his fur, right above his right leg. That's the worst one, but there are multiple small sores all over the rest of him too.

We'll take good care of him and get him looking good again. I'm just so glad it isn't something more serious. :) Gosh, this is a horrible picture. He looks like a wooley booger, doesn't he? :eek:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2cc36b3127cce928f2f11bf210000001410

zippy-kat
12-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear the Wonder-ButterCup is going to be alright!

Logan
12-18-2002, 05:09 AM
Tonya,
Butter says to tell you he much prefers the name you gave him, Wonder Butter, to Scott's new name for him. And I can remember that Spencer the Lion deemed him Butterball, way back when I first found him because of the picture of his face. Butter says he still prefers yours and if he had a cape or something, he could be Super Wonder Butter! :D
Logan

sasvermont
12-18-2002, 06:00 AM
Butter - Miley here. You gotta let that fur grow back and stop pulling at it. I did that to my fur and after TWO visits to the Doc and two shots, it seemed to get better. Really, Butter, there are better things to do with your time. If you are not careful, the Doc will issue you one of the darn awful collars to prevent you from doing damage. You won't be happy, I can tell you that. Been there, done that.

Love,

Miley

gini
12-18-2002, 10:17 AM
WONDER (ful) Butter boy - giving us a scare like this right before the wedding too! Thank goodness this isn't serious and in a few days you will be looking perfect for the celebrations.

NoahsMommy
12-18-2002, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread yesterday...but, I'm so happy Butter(cup) is OK!

He looks so cute in that picture above....nice and fluffy. :)

His transformation is amazing, it is so neat he is being lovey-dovey...what a sweetie!

Edwina's Secretary
12-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Spencer the Lion deemed him Butterball

If he keeps snatching his fur he will look like a Butterball turkey:eek: :o :rolleyes:

Can't have that..now can we!

and Logan...my wish for you and your new groom is...."Grow old with me, the best is yet to be...."

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
If he keeps snatching his fur he will look like a Butterball turkey:eek: :o :rolleyes:

:D :D

I'm so glad to hear it wasn't anything serious with Butter, and nothing "mental." Those are sometimes the hardest things to fix. He looks like an adorable fur boy in that picture doing what I call "surveying his territory."

Butterboy, you be good and leave your fur alone now. Don't want you in the dreaded collar like Miley says, especially for the big festivities coming up. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Logan, I'm so glad that it's nothing serious and that Buttercup will be fine. I sure hope he makes a speedy recovery and continues to stay healthy.

12-22-2002, 04:26 AM
oopsie ... didn't see this thread before ...

Glad to hear you will be fine in no time sweet Buttercup !!!:D